What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Patriots Win the Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy
I think that if NE wins the SB, that will prove that they are indeed the greatest football team at least in Western civilization, and probably in all of recorded human history. That is all.

You're selling them short by limiting it to football teams. I think this is the greatest collection of individuals that have ever banded together since Africanus lead the Roman army against Hannibal.

I've posted my response to this in the "Assuming the Pats win the Super Bowl..." thread. In case you're wondering how my comments went over with the Pro-Pats crowd, check my sig. :lol: HERD

Long way to go before anyone can talk about dynasties or anything of that sort. But if they do win, they will be in a select group of teams that have won multiple Bowls in a short span with the same core and coach. Pack- I and IIDolphins- 72 and 73Steel Curtain Niners- 80'sCowboys- 90'sDenver 97-98That's it. Hard to count the Skins of the 80's cause the core changed dramatically. No matter how much you might hate the Pats, and a lot of you hate them A LOT, you'd have to give them their respect as one of the FEW teams to accomplish that. Again, the Pats have two very tough games left to win before we can talk about any of this stuff.

Long way to go before anyone can talk about dynasties or anything of that sort. But if they do win, they will be in a select group of teams that have won multiple Bowls in a short span with the same core and coach. Pack- I and IIDolphins- 72 and 73Steel Curtain Niners- 80'sCowboys- 90'sDenver 97-98That's it. Hard to count the Skins of the 80's cause the core changed dramatically. No matter how much you might hate the Pats, and a lot of you hate them A LOT, you'd have to give them their respect as one of the FEW teams to accomplish that. Again, the Pats have two very tough games left to win before we can talk about any of this stuff.
How about the Giants of '86 & '90?They share some similarities to the Patriots....great coach, awesome defense, roll-players on offense, play smart field-position football, etc.

They haven't even proven that they are the best AFC team this year never mind all time :rolleyes:

No we are not going there...

If NE wins the SB they will have their place in history regardless of the naysayers.

IMO Ivan is doing a little trolling, Bills fan right?

How many three-peats in the superbowl have NE had?? Greatest team in Western Civilization..... HAHAHA..... FAR Eastern?? Maybe LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that the Patriots and Belichick come off as low-key, humble, and team players, while their fans seem to be cocky and arrogant?

Why is it that the Patriots and Belichick come off as low-key, humble, and team players, while their fans seem to be cocky and arrogant?
The Patriots live and play in Boston, Pats fans are from Boston. Hence the difference.

Why is it you are so often proven to have no clue what u r talking about?This thread was started by a cocky arrogant BILLS fan in an obvious attempt to fire up the feeble minded mob who feel it is their duty to take shots at Pats fans. Hmmm who could that be????

You want to talk about arrogance and cockyness? How about a mental giant who starts a thread based on the assumption a team wins 15 games in a row and their second SB in 3 years and then preceeds to whine about how in his mind they couldn't beat anyone and they really aren't any good you know. Now THAT is arrogance and cockiness!

No matter how much you might hate the Pats, and a lot of you hate them A LOT, you'd have to give them their respect as one of the FEW teams to accomplish that.
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I don't hate the Pats, but I do hate all the whining the Pats fans have done since the Super Bowl they won... enough to cheer against them so I don't have to listen to it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see that the people that hate Pats fans hate all Pats fans and have no problem tarring them with the same brush.

(But generalize about the fans of whatever team some of them are in favor and watch out!)

:wall:

Greg, I beleive a lot of the whining after 2001 came because A LOT of people discredit that win because of the Tuck Rule and called them fraudulent or lucky. For a team and their fans, having just won their first Bowl after being humiliated twice, it's hard not to get defensive, or even whiny. The Pats beat two very good teams AFTER that Oakland game.

I'm a Steeler fan and even though they beat us in the AFC Champ. game a couple of years ago (a game we could have won). I don't see why so many people jump both NE and its fans. :thumbdown: I also don't know what they have whined about over the last few years. Seems to me that they are very pleased with whats been goin on, and for good reason. Are there that many people out there who are that enveous about them. Even though I am not a fan of NE, I am a fan of good football, and that is what NE provides. They usually play close games that are entertaining and handle themselves with class. So whats the big problem. :confused:

Good to see that the people that hate Pats fans hate all Pats fans and have no problem tarring them with the same brush.

(But generalize about the fans of whatever team some of them are in favor and watch out!)

:wall:
Reading comprehension.Hating whining done by Pats Fans != Hating Pats Fans != Hating All Pats Fans

Greg, I beleive a lot of the whining after 2001 came because A LOT of people discredit that win because of the Tuck Rule and called them fraudulent or lucky. For a team and their fans, having just won their first Bowl after being humiliated twice, it's hard not to get defensive, or even whiny. The Pats beat two very good teams AFTER that Oakland game.
I can agree with that, about what people thought of the Tuck Rule. Frankly, if I were a Pats fan I'd have called them just as lucky. It was a horrible call, and it saved the game for them. And if I were a Pats fan, I'd still have felt that they put together a great run and earned a Super Bowl victory. But the cries of no respect and saying people weren't giving them enough credit were just too much. They won the Super Bowl and they get credit for that, and that's what people were giving them. But it was ridiculous that Pats fans were upset that everyone felt the Rams would still beat the Pats 3 games in 4, and the Pats just managed to put that one game together at the right time.Which you have to place at the feet of Belichick. The guy is the best for planning for 1 game that I've ever seen.

I think that if NE wins the SB, that will prove that they are indeed the greatest football team at least in Western civilization, and probably in all of recorded human history. That is all.
Forgot to take your Zoloft again, eh IK? :rolleyes:

On Cleveland sports talk radio this afternoon, they had a Boston sports reporter call in to talk about the AFC championship game. All he could do was heap loads of praise on his team and babble about talk about stuff like they have never lost an AFC title game and how they whipped the Dolphins in 1985 and there was basically no doubt to him that they would win this weekend. Just totally arrogant.Later, they had a Carolina reporter on and he was really humble and excited and was hopeful they would win and seemed just more "normal".

Well, we don't have to worry about that.E-A-G-L-E-S-Eagles!Cheers to Bringin' It Home 4 Jerome in the '04

On Cleveland sports talk radio this afternoon, they had a Boston sports reporter call in to talk about the AFC championship game. All he could do was heap loads of praise on his team and babble about talk about stuff like they have never lost an AFC title game and how they whipped the Dolphins in 1985 and there was basically no doubt to him that they would win this weekend. Just totally arrogant.Later, they had a Carolina reporter on and he was really humble and excited and was hopeful they would win and seemed just more "normal".
My question to you is what impact does any reporter have on what is going to happen on the field this week-end? Who cares what some reporter thinks, the players on NE handle themselves with class... thats whats important. Not what some loud mouth reporter says. :rolleyes:

You want to talk about arrogance and cockyness? How about a mental giant who starts a thread based on the assumption a team wins 15 games in a row and their second SB in 3 years and then preceeds to whine about how in his mind they couldn't beat anyone and they really aren't any good you know. Now THAT is arrogance and cockiness!
I think this NFL was escpecially watered-down this year. Yeah, they went 14-2. Again, I did NOT say that they COULDN'T beat anyone. My statement was there was no super bowl champ over the past 10 years that I would make an underdog to these Patriots. I would have to get some points to take this current group. I think they COULD win some of the time, but not most of the time against any of them.Ok, I'll get the hook out of my mouth now. Ptui!

Is Ironic that the same team that whines about the tuck rule game... years ago won a game do to the fumble that bounced (with help )forward 30 yards down field and fell on it in the endzone....Hmmmmm

Why do they have to win the bowl for that distinction? They are already that in my head, it says so next to my poster of Belichek without his shirt on, staring coyly at the camera.

Hey, YOU made this beast. You and all the other doubters. You didn't want to give us our due respect two years ago, while we told you all along that we were taking this. And this year, it was more of the same up until a few weeks ago. How about this - we will stop boasting and bragging when you get it through your thick skull that the Patriots are for real.

Hey, YOU made this beast. You and all the other doubters. You didn't want to give us our due respect two years ago, while we told you all along that we were taking this. And this year, it was more of the same up until a few weeks ago. How about this - we will stop boasting and bragging when you get it through your thick skull that the Patriots are for real.
What position do you play on YOUR team?HERD

I liked the 2001 Patriots to win the AFC. I took TREMENDOUS heat for taking that stance from Steeler fans. I said Kordell was way overhyped and was struggling mightily. In my playoff league, I drafted as many Patriots as I could and won it handily. I didn't see them beating the Rams, tho.This has been my worst year predicting the NFL playoffs in a while. In 2001, I picked the Rams and Patriots. In 2002, I picked the Raiders and Eagles. Never saw the Bucs blasting the Eagles like that. This year, I totally went away from my ranking system and picked the Rams and Broncos. That blew up in my face.

I think this NFL was escpecially watered-down this year. Yeah, they went 14-2. Again, I did NOT say that they COULDN'T beat anyone. My statement was there was no super bowl champ over the past 10 years that I would make an underdog to these Patriots. I would have to get some points to take this current group. I think they COULD win some of the time, but not most of the time against any of them.Ok, I'll get the hook out of my mouth now. Ptui!
Now if u can just get ur hed out of ur #### u would be all set ;)

:SnifsBait&SwimsAway:

OR

Friends don't let friends post on crack.

Couldn't decide which catchy line to use. Maybe I should have made it a poll in the FFA.

Note to IvanK: There is no pissing in the Shark Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread