What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Raiders fire Cable (1 Viewer)

bcr8f

Footballguy
Who will they hire next year? Who would work for this team?

Are they down to hiring high school coaches yet?

Matt Millen. Just imagine the level of ineptitude they could reach with Al Davis and Matt Millen calling the shots together.

Brian Billick should be pretty desperate for another chance.

Mike Martz, if Al is committed to a passing game, no matter how inept it is.

Jim Fassel begged for the gig before and didn't get it. Maybe.

He traded Gruden for picks. Would he trade picks to get Jeff Fisher?

None of it really matters until he brings in a GM. Who would he respect enough to actually listen to? Parcells, if he wants the ULTIMATE rebuild project.

James Lofton has to be at the top of the list. Mike Martz would throw the ball so he fits Al Davis profile.

Dark Horse: Terry Robiskie

I would say their are number of assistant coaches in the NFL that have been turned down on other jobs that would take a chance also.

Next year will be the first year ever that a ventriloquist team will be the head coach of an NFL team. Al Davis will actually be on the sidelines with his hand up somebodies a@@ calling the shots. Both Al and the "puppet" will have Motorola headsets on.

:recipeforsuccess:

How bout if Al Davis just takes over coaching the team himself? Now that would be something.
Would it?Davis took a Raiders team that went 9-33 in their first three years to 23-16-3 over the three years he was head coach. This includes the 1963 season where he led them to a 10-4, and was named AFL Coach of the Year.I know Al's a fashionable whipping post, a lot of which I will happily admit is well deserved given the current state of the Raiders. But what gets lost in the pile-on is the fact that the NFL would not be what it is today without Al Davis -- as GM, and yes, even as a coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
How bout if Al Davis just takes over coaching the team himself? Now that would be something.
Would it?Davis took a Raiders team that went 9-33 in their first three years to 23-16-3 over the three years he was head coach. This includes the 1963 season where he led them to a 10-4, and was named AFL Coach of the Year.I know Al's a fashionable whipping post, a lot of which I will happily admit is well deserved given the current state of the Raiders. But what gets lost in the pile-on is the fact that the NFL would not be what it is today without Al Davis -- as GM, and yes, even as a coach.
Absolutely :thumbup: Wasn't he also AFL commish?

Al Davis has been real big part of the NFL for years. But his time has come and gone. Only person that has not realized that Al Davis needs to step away from the drivers seat of the Raiders is Al himself. He should be sitting back getting old and enjoying this once great franchise having success with top end people running it. Years ago people wanted to be part of the Raiders, now people are doing anything to stay away.

Users who are viewing this thread