What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If You Have a Young Son, You Should Listen to this Song (1 Viewer)

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:
It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.
See, now you could've just posted this, which almost everyone agrees with, and moved on, or just posted the lyrics.

The song is terrible, but the lyrics resonate well.
I respectfully disagree. I think the lyrics resonate more through this song than had I just posted the lyrics. Even if you hated the song the lyrics will resonate longer than had you read them. I also don't think it's a terrible song. I think the lyrics make it a great, simple, country song with a terrific message. It's too bad more of you can't appreciate it. For me, hearing it yesterday morning while working out made me appreciate and look forward to spending time with my son (and daughter) for the rest of the day a little more than I normally would. Anytime a song can have an impact like that it's a great song. To me, anyway.
Why did it take a song to do this?

It is a terrible song

You seriously work out to this song? Where, at Curves?
lolz

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:
It's easy to get distracted by the demands of our busy lives. Working too much, constant yardwork, projects around the house, etc. We do it all to provide a good life for our family, and it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing of all, which is simply spending meaningful time with our kids. This song is a nice reminder that we as Dads need to make sure we make it a priority to spend more time with our kids, because to them that's the most important thing of all.
See, now you could've just posted this, which almost everyone agrees with, and moved on, or just posted the lyrics.

I respectfully disagree. I think the lyrics resonate more through this song than had I just posted the lyrics. Even if you hated the song the lyrics will resonate longer than had you read them. I also don't think it's a terrible song. I think the lyrics make it a great, simple, country song with a terrific message. It's too bad more of you can't appreciate it. For me, hearing it yesterday morning while working out made me appreciate and look forward to spending time with my son (and daughter) for the rest of the day a little more than I normally would. Anytime a song can have an impact like that it's a great song. To me, anyway.
Why did it take a song to do this?It is a terrible song

I always look forward to spending time with my kids. Hearing that song on Memorial dsy just hit home with me and made the time spent with my son a little more special that's all. Something wrong with that? Do I workout to that song? You mean like on constant repeat? No. Actually that was the first time I ever heard it and it was purely by chance. But if you need to know, I do sometimes enjoy certain country music when working out because many songs are about strong family values, hard work, taking pride in our country, and other things that motivate me to be a better person. I was going to ask what you listen to but I don't care.

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

I always look forward to spending time with my kids. Hearing that song on Memorial dsy just hit home with me and made the time spent with my son a little more special that's all. Something wrong with that? Do I workout to that song? You mean like on constant repeat? No. Actually that was the first time I ever heard it and it was purely by chance. But if you need to know, I do sometimes enjoy certain country music when working out because many songs are about strong family values, hard work, taking pride in our country, and other things that motivate me to be a better person. I was going to ask what you listen to but I don't care.
Motivation to be a better person kind of failed with the bold statement didn't it?

Many country songs are about those things because country is fairly easy to describe. It's pop-country with every singer (especially the males) just a clone of each other taking the easy path because the record companies want it that way. Sam style of song, same style of singer, same boatloads of money. I guess it is because the typical country fan want the same #### churned out by each different singer.

But at least you still work out at Curves, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

Motivation to be a better person kind of failed with the bold statement didn't it?Many country songs are about those things because country is fairly easy to describe.

You still work out at Curves, right?
Part of being a better person means disassociating myself with people like you. Take care.

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

Motivation to be a better person kind of failed with the bold statement didn't it?

Many country songs are about those things because country is fairly easy to describe. It's pop-country with every singer (especially the males) just a clone of each other taking the easy path because the record companies want it that way. Sam style of song, same style of singer, same boatloads of money. I guess it is because the typical country fan want the same #### churned out by each different singer.

But at least you still work out at Curves, right?
What's wrong with Curves?

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and there were bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away

And he was talking 'fore I knew it and as he grew
He'd say, "I'm gonna be like you, dad
You know, I'm gonna be like you"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
We'll get together then, son, you know we'll have a good time then"

When my son turned ten just the other day
Said, "Thanks for the ball, dad, come on and let's play
Can you teach me to throw?" I said, "Not today
I got a lot to do" he said, "That's okay"

And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
Said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know, I'm gonna be like him"

"When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
We'll get together then, son, you know we'll have a good time then"

Well, he came from college just the other day
So much like a man I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head and he said with a smile

"What I'd really like, dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later
Can I have them please?"

"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then, dad, We're gonna have a good time then"

Well, I've long since retired and my son's moved away
Called him up just the other day
I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
He said, "I'd love to, dad, if I could find the time"

"You see, my new job's a hassle and the kid's got the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, dad
It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone, it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

Yeah, and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then, dad, we're gonna have a good time then"

Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in the pick-up truck
She got runned over by a damned old train

I, for one, appreciated the song. When I got home from work yesterday, I played Leggos with my 3 year old son for about an hour before dinner, talked to him as we ate, then read him two books after his bath, and took my time tucking him in. It was a really nice evening.

The only thing that was a bit of a downer was my 18 month old daughter who was screaming the whole time because she had a full diaper and also wanted to eat dinner, but, she eventually stopped making noise in her room, so I assume all is good.

satch said:
Dentist said:
satch said:

Motivation to be a better person kind of failed with the bold statement didn't it?Many country songs are about those things because country is fairly easy to describe.

You still work out at Curves, right?
Part ofbeing a better person means disassociating myself with people like you. Take care.
But Curves right?

This is the song you're looking for, you hillbillies:

https://youtu.be/vdMPuMeTxzY

It's not time to make a change

Just relax, take it easy

You're still young, that's your fault

There's so much you have to know

Find a girl, settle down

If you want you can marry

Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy

I was once like you are now

And I know that it's not easy