What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IKE (1 Viewer)

Broadway Joe

Footballguy
If the NFL needs to move the BAL vs HOU game will they do it by a certain cutoff time?

They postponed for Andrew, I think though that was a time back and I could be mistaken.

Thanks in advance

If the NFL needs to move the BAL vs HOU game will they do it by a certain cutoff time?They postponed for Andrew, I think though that was a time back and I could be mistaken.Thanks in advance
FWIW Ike's track has moved more towards Houston. Projected Cat-3/4 at landfall

If the NFL needs to move the BAL vs HOU game will they do it by a certain cutoff time?

They postponed for Andrew, I think though that was a time back and I could be mistaken.

Thanks in advance
according to this track, it figures to blow through by Sunday gametime. no impact whatsoever, in my confident opinion.

Thanks in advance
according to this track, it figures to blow through by Sunday gametime. no impact whatsoever, in my confident opinion.
Unless the stadium blows away on Saturday. I think the logistics of this are going to be the real sticky wicket here. What's going on the roadways? Where's the emergency personnel deployed? What's the level of damage in the area? Are hotel rooms and other facilities being used by evacuees?Should be clearer in 24 hours. I'm still irritated that the Texas game was moved to the 27th.

Not sure the NFL can hope the storm passes by kickoff along with hoping it does not damage infrastructure in the Houston area.

I think best chance to play is for it turn (sooner) towards the LA/TX border. 76+mph extend 130 miles and tropical storm (35-40ish I think) are out to 230 miles.

Tex gov. is suppose to have a new conference at 11AM Thurs.

The Texans had this definitive statement as of 13 minutes ago.

The Houston Texans' regular season home opener against the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday, Sept. 14 is scheduled for a 3:15 p.m. CT kickoff. The Texans organization is currently monitoring the Gulf Coast weather conditions and will post any schedule changes on HoustonTexans.com when available. Please check back Thursday afternoon for all game-related updates.

I would think the Alamodome is their best option if it nails Houston.
I don't think they will move the game there. The space at the Alamo dome may be needed for evacuees. Also the Arkansas/University of Texas game, in Austin (90 miles north of the Alamo Dome) has been postponed until September 27th. Currently, the Washington State vs Baylor game, in Waco, (90 miles north of Austin, is in danger of being postponed as well).The fear with the hurricane, besides initial landfall is that Ike might stall out over Central Texas and dump rain causing flooding. Everone is hyper sensative to the hurricanes since Rita hit houston in 05. People panicky and where talking about evacuating Austin. Rita was a non event outside of the Beaumont area. Well, that is all for today's Texas geography and weather lesson. Stay classy Texas.

I'm thinking this game won't be played in Texas at all. Either a neutral site within proximity of Houston not forcasted to be in the storm's path (Superdome), or played at Baltimore. NO play a home game in NYG the first game of the season because of Katrina.

Thanks in advance
Unless the stadium blows away on Saturday. I think the logistics of this are going to be the real sticky wicket here. What's going on the roadways? Where's the emergency personnel deployed? What's the level of damage in the area? Are hotel rooms and other facilities being used by evacuees?Should be clearer in 24 hours. I'm still irritated that the Texas game was moved to the 27th.
You're exactly on the right track. There's also the consideration of whether or not the stadium itself might need to be used to house evacuees. We're already setting up small local arenas here in Austin for evacuees. I'm bummed about Texas-Arkansas, too. I was invited by my BIL, so I was all set to go. But they had to make a call on this.

I'm thinking this game won't be played in Texas at all. Either a neutral site within proximity of Houston not forcasted to be in the storm's path (Superdome), or played at Baltimore. NO play a home game in NYG the first game of the season because of Katrina.
There are a lot of places inside of Texas that are further away from Houston than NO. Not sure why you think it would leave the state. I would guess Houston on Monday, Alamodome (San Antonio even though it's in the path), or Dallas.

There are a lot of places inside of Texas that are further away from Houston than NO. Not sure why you think it would leave the state. I would guess Houston on Monday, Alamodome (San Antonio even though it's in the path), or Dallas.
I don't think Houston on a Monday is an option anymore based on the projected path and the forecast of a cat 3/4 storm. That place will be a ghost town because of evacuation. Plus considering damage from wind or flooding, just don't think its going to happen. San Antonio, like you said, is in its path as well, so Id be surprised if its moved there. I forgot Dallas was playing on a Monday night, so I presume its a possibility, but its still in the path of the storm, even though it will be weakened once it hits land. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - so what do you think happens at MFL and other scoring sites if we lose a couple of games to the storm - think the Week 2 results are held until the games are made up? Just thinkin' ...

Thanks in advance
Per that it should hit Houston 1am Sat, and be near Dallas 1am Sunday. If it really hits on Sat and the TS that follows is lagging on Sun, it definitely could impact the game.

Can the roof be closed at Reliant? (Agree with Bentley above that gametime forecast is far from the only issue, but im curious..)

Got an email from the team this morning at 9:25 central time. Nothing new or useful:

HURRICANE IKE UPDATEThe Houston Texans are currently evaluating the severe weather conditions projected for the Gulf Coast region. The team is in contact with the National Weather Service and the National Football League to determine the status of the Texans vs. Ravens game scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 14.We will communicate updated game information throughout the day via HoustonTexans.com and regular email alerts.

The problem isn't going to be so much the weather, but the negative effects the storm will cause to the area. Power outages, flooding, traffic, etc.

Thanks in advance
Eh, I am too. But then again I'm not because we can delay our first loss until Alabama.

So I think I'm going to have to put the ribs on really early Friday morning to make sure they are done before it gets really dicey. Had them cut in half lengthwise so they shouldn't take as long to cook.

Who's coming by for the Hurricane party?

Users who are viewing this thread