What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm in the league championship: post if u are too (1 Viewer)

I was 3 and 5 after week 8. This week I'll be playing for the championship after winning seven in a row. Two trades that really worked out well were when I traded Charles for Rodgers and then two weeks later traded Moreno for Charles. My best waiver pick up was V Jackson two hours before the game last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to give a huge shout out to FBG. This is my first year paying for the site, and I made it to the league championship in 2 of 3 leagues. It'd be 3 of 3 if Rogers hadn't gone down last week. I hereby give credit to the draft dominator and inside info on FA pickups. Well maybe Vick as a FA pickup after week one since i had Kolb and Stafford at QB had a little to do with it too. lol If all goes well, $1000 is mine in my main league next week. Thank you FBG.
Yep.Thanks Ftbl Guys!Toby Gerhart just got me through by the very skin of my teeth... but I first picked up on the idea ADP might be out in a thread here... which got me to pick up Gerhart once again as a precaution. That was a good idea...

Been to the ship 2 out 3 years (started 3 years ago) in my pretty competitive 2 keeper league with my buddies from college. Been in the semi's all 3 years and never finished lower than 4th (14 team league) in either the playoffs or regular season..

It's fun to come here and brag about it because I don't brag about it to my boys in the league bc they've come to expect it..I'm all for everyone posting about how dominant they are, you deserve to do it..

Anyway, here's my matchup..

.5 ppr 4 pt passing TD and return yards

My Team- 3 seed

1 QB: Cutler/Garrard

3 WR: Andre, Nicks, Wallace, Jacoby Ford

2 RB: Hillis, Blount, Choice, Best

1 TE: Witten

K: Josh Brown

DEF: Giants

His Team- 8 seed

1 QB: Matt Ryan

3 WR: DeSean Jackson, Fitz, Branch

2 RB: Rice, Forte, Green-Ellis

1 TE: Vernon Davis

K: Janikowski

DEF: Chargers

Same buddy I faced 2 years ago when he was #8 and I was #2 seed. He beat me even with DeAngelo putting up 4 TD's for me that week (I was at the game too)..I lost but I'm sure a few people remember that week 16 performance..

My good team missed the playoffs with tons of bad luck.

My awful team made the championship (least points, most points against, worst all-play record, worst coaching percentage).

Go figure :towelwave:

-QG

We don't have playoffs in my league, Top 3 places pay out and the team w/the most points outside the top 3 wins their money back. I like it b/c it makes it competitive right to the end. We currently have 5 teams with something to play for, including me who is in 3rd place.

I squeaked by with 1 point wins in both rounds.

And not with my best team either. Actually thought this was my weaker team that I had this year.

TD only scoring

Brady

MJD

Mendenhall

Austin

Maclin

Rackers

Pitt

bench...no RBs that matter anymore and we have very limited moves. Collie, V. Davis (no TE required), Packers D. Oh, and Favre.

3 of 3 in the championship!

Team 1- made it without my 3 studs Rodgers, Gates and AD still in my lineup

Team 3- led by Rex Grossman at QB

12 team PPR redraft, 6pts all TDs

QB: Roethlisberger, Cutler, Kitna, Collins

RB: ADP, Foster, Fred Jackson, Jahvid Best, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Jackson

WR: Fitz, Nicks, Wayne, Branch

TE: Finley, M. Lewis, B Watson

K: David Akers

DEF: Bears, Seahawks

10-4 overall (2nd), 1,934 pts scored on the season. Next closest point totals: 1802 (3rd), 1706(4th), 1689 (7th).

Definitely a year of bad beats, but I've got some decent matchups heading into the title.

Made it with Toby.

My starting QB's this season - minimum 1 fantasy game

Kolb

Hill

Stafford

Freeman

Kitna

:unsure:

Rb's are all banged up - Foster, Peterson, Ivory, Best, Gerhart

WR:

Calvin

Wallace

Nicks

Ended 10-3 and the seeds meant everything as the #2 and #3 seed this week put up more than me.

:goodposting:

I have now made it to the championship game for the 5th year in a row... I have yet to win one. This will be the first time I wasn't favoured to win. I'm taking that as a good omen. :goodposting:
Hey...what's up, Jim Kelly?
He never made it to a 5th.
Way to just kick Jim Kelly in the balls.Hello championship game in our big $ league.
:lmao: I just checked and my team has made the playoffs (not SB) 8 years in a row without a single title.

13 years in a row I've made the playoffs in a 14 team league... Playing for my 6th league championship, and going for my 3rd pair of repeat championships. Back to back in 99-00... and 04-05. Also won last year looking to repeat this year against the same opponent.

And I don't pay for any FF info.

barely squeaked in. I was ahead 125 to 99 last night in a ppr league and he had Forte and Bennett going. He got 16 pts from thise two. I'm the #3 seed and will play the #1 seed who may or may not have Peterson playing.

12 team money league. Made it with

Flacco

Charles

DMC

Moreno

Wayne

Jennings

Harvin/Burleson/Britt/

Heap/Daniels

Brown

Dal/NYG/Miami

Made it in two of three (and just missed the third):

Standard PPR:

Freeman

Hillis

McFadden

Charles

Ocho

Austin

White

Tamme

Akers

Pitt D

Wacky TD heavy league:

Dallas QB (team QB)

Hillis

MJD

Zach Miller

Scobee

SD Def

Deciding between three of five WRs:

Britt

CJ

V-Jax

Nix

Tampa Mike

It is all about Tds and when players hit a cumulative 150 yards (major bonus points), so you never know how you are going to do...

Users who are viewing this thread