2023 RookiesCEDRIC TILLMAN
+ "He runs his routes well"
- "Limited route tree"
- "can sometimes get stuck on a route"
+/- "a timing route-runner"
+/- "adequate as a route runner"
+/- "Runs routes with hip sink and crisp cuts" "will have trouble shedding tight, press-man coverage due to his lack of suddenness and blow-by speed"
JAXON FLAXON WAXON SMITH-NJIGBA
+ "plays faster than his 40-time will indicate due to his route-running prowess", "detailed route runner with crafty footwork"
+ "a polished route runner"
+ "As a pure route runner, Smith-Njigba stands out"
+ "Extremely refined route runner"
+ "very polished as a route runner"
+ "a route technician with terrific ball skills and a knack for working to open space in coverage"
+ "quick and sudden at the top of his routes...knows how to create separation with his route running and body positioning"
+ "Nuanced route runner who creates separation well" - POSSIBLY A RANDOM TWITTER DUDE
- "lacks the shake to separate underneath and the speed to run past defenses", "will need to fine-tune his route running"
- "ordinary getting in and out of intermediate breaks"
+/- "surprisingly savvy route runner on the routes he was asked to run"
+/- "ran vertical routes, slants and crossers well enough"
+ "has shown tremendous promise in his route-running, with which he has consistently created separation"
+ "excels at the little things when it comes to route running"
+ "220-pound men aren’t supposed to have these feet"
+ "Efficient footwork allows him to perform a plethora of savvy releases", "Understands the nuances of route-running"
- "needs to continue developing as a route runner and separator"
- "footwork is average at best", "route-running also looked suspect at times, often rounding out his breaks", "relied too much on his speed and power to gain separation"
- "going to have to become much more of a technician at the line of scrimmage and at the route stem, and significantly diversify his route tree"
- "Does not separate"
- "Takes too many steps and wastes time", "Doesn't always fly out of route breaks effectively"
- "route tree is somewhat limited...he is not a standout route-running technician"
+ "He is a true No. 1 receiver who can run all the routes in the book." "graded best on slants, crossing routes and out-routes"
+ "His route running though is something to behold"
+ "As a route runner Addison is extremely silky"
+ "He's an outstanding route-runner"
+ "precise route running is his forte"
+ "defining trait is certainly his ability to create separation in and out of his breaks"
+ "route running features acceleration, dynamic steering and sudden turns"
+ "very smooth, polished route runner"
+ "fluidity as a route runner allows him to waste little to no space", "continued to look explosive and fluid running routes at all three levels", "technically sound as it gets from a route running standpoint relative to the rest of this draft class"
+ "one of the elite route runners in this class" - POSSIBLY A RANDOM DUDE ON TWITTER
+/- "Ran a variety of different routes to different levels of the field but primarily runs routes within ten yards of the line of scrimmage" "can struggle to stack defenders in his hip when running routes down the field"
+/- "route running is effective and fun to watch, coaches will need him to become more disciplined and efficient"
+ "savvy route-runner who shows the quickness and attention to detail to create separation"
+ "Downs has great route running ability"
+ "crisp route running"
+ "a technician as a route runner and uses every part of his routes as a weapon"
+/- "Separation burst gains space through turns/cuts", "Footwork and change of direction are sudden and sharp", "Needs to be more disciplined in route running"
+/- “crafty and sudden route-runner”, “great at alternating his speed and pace throughout the route stem”, “can be knocked off his route stem when contacted”, “questions on how advanced his release package is”
+ "savvy route runner"
- "his route technique needs more consistency."
- "Could be a weapon if he commits himself to running routes with more snap/hip sink, but at the moment looks like he might struggle to get separation from pro cornerbacks"
+/- "Smooth operator getting through his routes", "Needs to tighten up route running underneath"
+/- "route tree was not the most developed, it was clear that he became a more fluid route runner with time."
+/- "A reliable route runner"
+/- “does well to process on the fly as a route-runner and attack space to make himself available to the quarterback.”, “has the twitch, fluidity, and elusiveness to thrive as a route-runner and create separation with consistency.”, “ability to play through contact as a route-runner will be a concern”
- “doesn’t have a diverse route tree and press coverage at the next level could give him real issues”
+ "Explosive...burst in his routes"
+/- "not too shabby when running a slant or a hitch"
+/- "smooth route running and mobility for a player his size", "takes too many steps setting something up"
+/- "excellent ability to drop his hips or change directions", "hard to know if he can handle a full NFL-route tree"
+/- "creates separation from coverage with relative ease", "If a cornerback gets physical with him in press-man coverage, Johnston gets thrown off his route"
+ "Very sharp and effective on both in-breaking and out-breaking routes", "Knows how to stack opponents to get downfield"
- "needs a specific route tree", "Long release steps allow press to tag him", "Struggles to create leverage and deception in his routes", "Listless getting out of breaks"
- "route refinement will be priority", "needs to work on his ability to sell his routes better"
- "does not always create immediate separation at the line of scrimmage"
+ "His knack ... executing quality routes makes Rice one of the more productive receivers in this draft class.", "a nightmare to cover on slant routes"
+ "put his route tree on display"
+/- "combines impressive size and physicality with attention to detail as a route runner" "could potentially struggle to get consistent separation against man coverage"
+/- "a quality route-runner that is fully capable of executing any route" "the most notable concern is developing and expanding his route tree."
- "tendency for nonchalant running on intermediate routes"
- "didn't run a variety of routes"
- "route tree was limited"
- "could also improve on cutting out some false steps at the top of his routes, especially when he makes his cuts"
- "route tree isn’t fully developed", "doesn’t do a great job separating with speed"
- "Not a clean, agile route-runner"
- "inconsistencies gearing down on comebacks or curls, needing too many steps at times, or losing his balance"
+/- "a savvy route runner", "concerns about his ability to run an NFL-level route tree"
+/- "impressive savvy as a route runner", "don’t know whether the savvy he flashed on vertical routes would translate"
(Not in any way a) TANK DELL
+ "has exceptional quickness throughout his routes"
- "lacks a sizeable route tree while running a lot of go's, curls, bubbles, and fewer in breaking routes"
- "His route running is also sloppy."
- "has constantly ran a limited route tree."
+/- "displays remarkable change of directions skills to change his speeds, both when running routes and after the catch", "runs a variety of routes to all areas of the field and can generate separation consistently with all of them" "Has made significant strides as a route runner to add nuance to routes", "does not have much experience facing Press-Jam coverage at the line of scrimmage"
+/- "best described as a good collegiate route runner, but isn’t yet a true technician"
+/- "creates separation up and down the route tree with his movement skills", "an unlimited route tree" "Rounds off too many in-breaking routes. Not always sharp on his slants or in-breakers."
+/- "Sudden feet to slip press and race ahead of coverage", "Stair-steps man coverage out of leveraged positioning", "Routes are fast and maintain their momentum through turns", "Routes need better salesmanship and attention to detail"
+ "strong route runner who creates separation at the top of his route, shows burst/explosion and ability to create space, good stair step to create space on over/crossing routes", "runs diverse route tree at every level"
+ "His route running is crisp and explosive while taking advantage of the defenders’ leverage."
+ "Flowers is the best pure separator in the draft class."
+ "polished with his route running skills very electric"
+ "excels in both route running and yards after the catch"
+ "one of the best route runners in this year's NFL Draft"
+ "unique change of direction speed that allowed him to consistently win in his routes"