What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm soooooo sick of this (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
I'm holding 3 injured players on my roster, and am not able to add them to the IR until they are declared out

McNabb

Bell

LT

Everyone knows these guys aren't playing, why the facade?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DECLARE THESE GUYS OUT ALREADY???

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of hard to get rid of it............WE HAVE IT!!!!

So of course I want to use it.

Good info in here
This could turn in to a decent, informative thread about how leagues use their IR. We're having an IR problem in our league and I'd love to know how other leagues use their's.
This really became a pain last year. We have become a bit more flexible. If you own a player like McNabb, who was out last week and is expected out again, or like Justin Tuck, who is expected to be out this week, we allow you to move them to IR early in the week to make room for a pickup. If that player is designated "Out" or "Doubtful" on the official Friday injury report, then you get to keep them on IR. If not, you have to make a roster move before noon on Saturday in order to make your roster comply with league rules.Our league is a pretty tight group and there hasn't been any abuse, but the co-commissioners keep an eye out.

In years past we used a pay site to host our football league. Well this year we went free, and with the change we lost a lot of league flexibility.

Last year when you put a player on IR they had to remain on the IR for a total of 4 weeks(players had to be injured).......our new league host doesn't offer this, so now it's pretty much up in the air. The only stipulation is a player must be listed as "out" to be IR eligible.

No trying to be a jerk, but having something in the thread title that indicates the thread is about injured reserve would be nice.

In the past my league tried things like only allowing players who are listed as "Questionable" or "Out", but as it's been noted here, it's just too quirky and frustrating to track.

Solution: Now our IR list is completely removed from the NFL injury report. We allow a maximum of two IR slots, and moving a player there costs twice the amount of a waiver wire pick-up.

So, if you want to reserve the list only for a guy who is probably gonna be out for a while, great; but if an owner wants to use the space to stash a rookie quarterback or a RB handcuff or your back-up kicker or whatever, that's fine too. Of course, the cost can get expensive if you keep switching your list around, moving players off IR and back onto the regular roster, and that means the list isn't "abused" as much as you might think. In any case, it's sort of a laissez faire approach. No one cares why you put a player on IR, as long as you pay your ticket. It really is simple and workable this way, it's good for the prize money, and let's face it, NFL teams aren't always exactly showing all their cards when they announce their IR lists either.

Yes, PLEASE list Bell "Out" already... :lmao:

We, too get an injury move for any player listed out. If/when that "out" player is no longer listed as "out" the owner must cut that player OR the one picked up to comply with the roster limit.

Keeps the Commish busy. :lmao:

No trying to be a jerk, but having something in the thread title that indicates the thread is about injured reserve would be nice.
jerk
You know what I'm soooooo sick of....it's people who clutter up the Shark Pool with garbage like this thread. How about a decent thread title for starters?And those pants...I mean c'mon Wrigley, you got pieces of old chewed up gum stuck to the seat of your pants. Pull yourself together.

I'm not even going to touch that haircut of yours.

Plus, you know when girls give everyone play and they are called hoes and they get mad, that really grinds my gears!

And no one has made a priest and a rabbi joke in a while, that really grinds my gears too!

Kind of hard to get rid of it............WE HAVE IT!!!!So of course I want to use it.
That's fine, but there's a good reason the vast majority of leagues don't use a (week to week) IR. It's impractical.ONe or two of my dynasties have an (LIMITED...1 or 2 player) IR, but in that case the player has to be on the NFL IR.Lobby to change your league rules...I don't see how anyone here can help you.

Well IR is supposed to be mean the player cannot play the rest of the year anyway so... this whole deal stinks in FF unless you plan on keeping that player in a dynasty league.

jerk
You know what I'm soooooo sick of....it's people who clutter up the Shark Pool with garbage like this thread. How about a decent thread title for starters?And those pants...I mean c'mon Wrigley, you got pieces of old chewed up gum stuck to the seat of your pants. Pull yourself together.

I'm not even going to touch that haircut of yours.

Plus, you know when girls give everyone play and they are called hoes and they get mad, that really grinds my gears!

And no one has made a priest and a rabbi joke in a while, that really grinds my gears too!
All good points

So you get to place guys on your league's IR even if they aren't on NFL IR? That seems like a crappy rule to be honest.

Injuries are a part of the game. The NFL made a terrible rule change - for fantasy owners - when it eliminated short-term IR about 10 years ago.

Suck it up and move on.

editor47 said:
So you get to place guys on your league's IR even if they aren't on NFL IR? That seems like a crappy rule to be honest. Injuries are a part of the game. The NFL made a terrible rule change - for fantasy owners - when it eliminated short-term IR about 10 years ago. Suck it up and move on.
Yes, that's right... we don't make our IR based on NFL IR. We have a 16 man regular roster with 2 IR slots that cost a fee to use. That relatively small roster size we have doesn't leave lots and lots of wiggle room, so like I said, generally IR slots are reserved for (actually) injured players. But sometimes not. Not exactly sure why you find this "crappy" but it actually works pretty well, and of course a rule like this could be tailored to suit. For example, you could allow three slots instead of two; or you could make it so that once placed on IR a player has to sit out a minimum of two weeks; or you could raise the fee, or whatever. What's good about it (among other things) is that it doesn't require monitoring by the Commish or anyone else to see if a player is actually listed as "Out", "Questionable", "Probable" and all that other more or less subjective stuff that has become pretty fuzzy and sketchy in the Belichick era. I guess what we have might be considered similar to the "farm system" Seatownfavorite mentioned, but whatever you call it, it's a way of letting teams that suffer injuries move that guy off the regular roster for a while and go forward.In any case, it seems like this sort of rule would more or less take care of the situation Wrigley is currently facing. He could IR McNabb and LaDainian immediately and pick up some regular roster replacements off waivers, set his line-up and be ready to go on Sunday.

PDX Pain said:
Frankbot said:
Good info in here
This could turn in to a decent, informative thread about how leagues use their IR. We're having an IR problem in our league and I'd love to know how other leagues use their's.
in our league, we automatically move all Seahawks to IR after week 2

OUT = IR for us. We did expand rosters 1 spot at the draft, and 1 more that can be filled via waiver wire. Our IR is meant more for players like Anthony Gonzalez who are going to miss 3-4 weeks or so. Lots of "doubtful" just means you have roster decisions to make. That's fantasy football for ya. Ball doesn't always bounce your way.

PDX Pain said:
Frankbot said:
Good info in here
in our league, we automatically move all Seahawks to IR after week 2
HILARIOUS! Haha....Here's the "solution" I presented to our league for IR. We're having a really hard time tracking who should and shouldn't be on the IR, and no, we are not treating our IR like the NFL does. And it's nearly impossible to wait for the Friday injury report considering we do a blind FA bid between Tuesday night and Wednesday night. At that point it would be really nice to know who can or cannot go on your IR, especially if you acquire a player and your roster is maxed out.

What if we approached the IR slot in a completely different way? What if we extended our available roster spots to 19? We'd still only draft 18 players (4 keepers), but we'd leave one roster spot for an injured player. What's an injured player? Any one player you choose from your roster that is on the injury report. What's the catch? If you decide to place that one player on "the 19" (as we're already calling it), that player is inactive for that week's play.

High level overview of this idea:

-19 roster spots

-Draft 18 players (4 keepers)

-If a player is on the injury report as DTD, Probable, Questionable, Doubtful or Out you have the right to put them on "the 19"

-The player you put on "the 19" is not startable that week

-If a player is not on the injury report they cannot be put on "the 19"

-Teams must submit their 19th player when submitting their FA bids to the commish. Even if you are not acquiring a player you must submit your 19th player, or the player currently on your 19th roster spot will roll over in to that week's games and will be ineligible to play

Users who are viewing this thread