What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over _______ in week 2. (1 Viewer)

I'm a bit :shock: seeing so many bench Westy this week. If he's playing, I'm starting him. He's always had what I consider "limited carries" for years. Thing is, he is a rare talent & makes the most of those plays. I can only assume those benching him are not playing in PPR leagues.

Westy & Rhodes over Lamont Jordan, Thomas Jones & Addai. My gut says Addai will take over the reigns soon (maybe this week?), but I can't start him over Rhodes at this point. I should start Thomas Jones & Westy. This is basicly a favorable matchup decision here.

Colston over Downtown Reggie Brown & Curtis.

Caddy & Chester Taylor over Portis :hot: & Addai. I am a big Chester fan this year. He is going to have a great season IMO.

Mason over Williamson was another tough decision. Bottom line, I think Mason will get 100 & a score this week. I think Williamson has potential to do some serious dammage this year with some explosive games.

At QB, I'm starting Marc Bulger over Chad Pennington. Bulger has a real cake matchup this week (49ers) and I'm just not sold on Pennington yet.

Williamson over Randy Moss (league awards points for kickoff return yardage)
You do realize that Williamson isn't returning kicks now right? Just want to make sure you knew that since that is the reason you based your decision on.
Where did you get that info from?? As of last night it was reported that he would be returning kicks today.Per Kffl:
Vikings | Williams expected to remain at kick returnerSat, 16 Sep 2006 07:08:50 -0700Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said he still hadn't decided on a kickoff returner, but WR Troy Williamson is expected to continue in that role. Williamson averaged 24.5 yards on four returns against the Redskins with a long of 44.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit :shock: seeing so many bench Westy this week. If he's playing, I'm starting him. He's always had what I consider "limited carries" for years. Thing is, he is a rare talent & makes the most of those plays. I can only assume those benching him are not playing in PPR leagues.
Yes, it's not a PPR league where I'm benching him. The thing that should be obvious is that if the health of his knee was somewhat questionable as to whether he could start or not, then the eventual decision to let him start does not mean there's not still question whether he can make it through the whole game. I like Ahman Green's matchup today, I'm still starting him (and expecting a good day) over a questionable Westy.

Watson over Heap- just a hunch mostly but Heap has a sore back (Probable, will play). I just don't think Balt. will need to pass much to beat the Raiders.

Julius Jones over Edge. Given the matchups and even though Edge will get 99.9% of the carries, I just think JJ will be the better play. Hopefully JJ continues to get the bulk of the carries, he looked good last week while doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread