What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting _______ over Adrian Peterson this week! (1 Viewer)

Magnus_CA

Footballguy
A little over a year ago AD ran all over Chicago @ Soldier Field to the tune of 224 yards and 3 TD's. AD 2008 hasn't been the AD of 2007 but he did have his best game of this year against one of the leagues top Run D's in Tennessee.

I've been pissing on the fantasy gods all year sitting my studs (SJax mainly) so why stop rolling the dice now?

I'm heavily considering starting Chris Johnson over AD this week. Who's with me? :unsure:

A little over a year ago AD ran all over Chicago @ Soldier Field to the tune of 224 yards and 3 TD's. AD 2008 hasn't been the AD of 2007 but he did have his best game of this year against one of the leagues top Run D's in Tennessee.I've been pissing on the fantasy gods all year sitting my studs (SJax mainly) so why stop rolling the dice now?I'm heavily considering starting Chris Johnson over AD this week. Who's with me? :moneybag:
Not me.

I'm not going to sit here and say that it would be an imposibility to sit AD this week, but I would think that most teams would not have 2 RB's better then an AD start vs any team. Maybe if you had Portis and Forte or something.

I'm not going to sit here and say that it would be an imposibility to sit AD this week, but I would think that most teams would not have 2 RB's better then an AD start vs any team. Maybe if you had Portis and Forte or something.
SJax and Slaton, actually in a Start 2 RB, 1 RB/WR Flex league. :lmao:

I'm tempted to sit him but I won't have the guts to do so in the end. If I sat him, it would be to start Marshawn Lynch (SD) and Ryan Grant (IND). Heck, the rankings seem to like my fourth back Sammy Morris more than they like ADP this week.

In the end, it will be "play your studs" for me but I'm definitely tempted.

I am actually considering benching him for Pittman, if Selvin Young is inactive again. With my flex, I can play 3 RB. Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton are locks. Playing Pittman over Peterson is crazy talk. It violates Fantasy Football 101 - NEVER BENCH YOUR STUDS. But I have this odd feeling that Peterson will go 18/55/0 while Pittman goes 22/136/1.

I hear that little voice.

Spot start Pittman over Peterson

Last edited by a moderator:
I benched AP once last year when I had him and he made me pay for it. I won't do it again. I have him again this year along with Jacobs, Slaton and Jonathan Stewart. The only week I bench AP is his bye. This week I think I'm going AP and Jacobs, but considering AP and Slaton. But for sure always starting the stud.

If u have a matchup like chris johnson and you sit him for Peterson you're crazy. And I love how people continually use that Chicago game as the reason why he should never be benched while completely ignoring the fact that chicago's run D was god awful last year

A little over a year ago AD ran all over Chicago @ Soldier Field to the tune of 224 yards and 3 TD's. AD 2008 hasn't been the AD of 2007 but he did have his best game of this year against one of the leagues top Run D's in Tennessee.I've been pissing on the fantasy gods all year sitting my studs (SJax mainly) so why stop rolling the dice now?I'm heavily considering starting Chris Johnson over AD this week. Who's with me? :goodposting:
CRAZY TALK this guy can blow up at any time . I remember last season I set him vs a stellar SD defense. I was devastated.

The Shark move is to play AP this week with the bad rankings, he'll blow up and easily be the #1 RB this week.

If you bench him, I'll check you out in the "Venting" thread next Sunday. :confused:

Hay-zoos. AD is on pace for 1500 and 10 without having anything close to a bust-out game. The reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

The Shark move is to play AP this week with the bad rankings, he'll blow up and easily be the #1 RB this week. If you bench him, I'll check you out in the "Venting" thread next Sunday. :unsure:
See ya there, i am starting Slaton and CJ3 over him. Games against the Chiefs and Lions are too hard to pass up.

I have Chris Johnson and Jacobs, both have really good matchups. And I'm STILL starting Peterson. People who owned him last year (esp those who benched him against CHI and/or SD) will understand

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Chris Johnson and Jacobs, both have really good matchups. And I'm STILL starting Peterson. People who owned him last year (esp those who benched him against CHI and/or SD) will understand
So how many times will you have to start ADP and watch other players outscore him to offset the one time you benched him? Play the player you think will have a better game, no matter who the players are.

Peterson is the second most overrated person in the world... second only to the President of the US.

He's the Chad Johnson of RBs... sucks 10 games out of the year, gives you 3 unbelievable games, and then sits out 3

Yep, to the original poster, you're crazy.

3 - 100 yard games.

5 out of 6 with 77 yards or more. (As stated, on pace for 1501 yards)

Is he rewriting record books? No. But when he goes for a hundred and a TD or 2 on Sunday, we'll all be coming back and reading the posts lamenting the fact that you "benched our stud."

Considering starting Grant over him with Gore as my #1. However I think my mind will convince me not to bench AP. He is due to score a TD or 2 soon and this could be the game.

Considering starting Grant over him with Gore as my #1. However I think my mind will convince me not to bench AP. He is due to score a TD or 2 soon and this could be the game.
Lets not get crazy, if you start a guy over AD, he should at least have a 100 yard game or TD under his belt.

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
Exact same boat. Haven't decided who to start yet though. Jacobs is consistent, if not spectacular. CJ3 has a great matchup. But lurking in the back of my mind is ADP's work against CHI last year.

Here's my dilemma...

I have Portis starting...duh.

Then, do I go ADP (yeah, I made a nice trade for him) @ Chi, OR----

Slaton home for the Lie-downs. He should be good for 100 and 1td at least.

I have gone back and forth and like the previous poster---soon as I bench him he's going to rip off 175 and 3td's and I'll be an even bigger FF schmuck.

So...which one? Slaton--ADP---???

Maybe a few more :thumbup: between now and Sunday and I'll know what to do. :loco:

The minute you bench AP he will score 3 tds.
Over 130 combined yards & 2 TD.. good for 25 points in my league, great with Portis' 23 points!Seriously, how do you bench Peterson unless he's on bye? Surprise surprise next week, week 8 is THE OFFICIAL week to bench Peterson.GG

Sat him for Jacobs and CJ3. Nearly pulled Jacobs at the last minute, but didnt. Didnt hurt too bad at this point, but still not over. Could be regretting this one.

Users who are viewing this thread