What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting T. Lance Over _________. (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Feel like many are potentially taking the plunge on Lance in the biggest game of the year.

Based on expert rankings, Lance seems to be straddling the QB1 borderline. 

Some have no choice, others it seems are swinging for the fence over more established options.

For me, right this second, I'm starting T. Lance over T. Huntley. More because of what I fear with Huntley: Bad matchup, his health, potentially M. Brown out, and weather looks iffy. 

Lance meanwhile may have more of the wind at his back: Matchup is there, HOU rush D is horrendous, has had more time to develop in the past month.

Who is rolling the dice?

. . . over Davis Mills.  Mills has been great the last 3 weeks, but I’ve also read the articles giving the nod to Lance over Mills and I believe Lance has a bigger upside given SF’s defense and playoff-motivation.

I think I am, but ask me again in 30 minutes. I have Lance over Huntley, Hill, and Russ Wilson at the moment.

Huntley has the matchup issue, as well as the post-COVID letdown that some players seem to see.  and yes, the weather.

I just can’t trust Hill with the numbers he has put up recently. They may not need garbage time this week against a Carolina team that has given up, and he seems to get most of his points there.

Wilson could produce with his “possible last home game” story, but his numbers just haven’t been there recently, and they could decide to run like crazy against Detroit. The weather doesn’t look great either.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be wrong. 

:headbang:

Let's get this party started

-Have been riding Matt Stafford most of the season but he's been pedestrian of late and I am also guilty of collecting too many LA Rams and don't want to have to start all of them @Baltimore tomorrow on a Back to Back road trip after a somewhat surprise win @Minnesota IMHO last week, seriously considering spreading things around since I have Kupp in almost every league I have Staff.

I think Lance is intriguing, just how much and how far I am willing to go to play him is questionable. And yes I understand what Burrow did to the Ravens last week, that's even more reason to think professional pride by the Ravens might limit Stafford and the Rams a little.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Dak, Huntley and Lance as options 

Dak has been pencilled in all week and now Huntley has re-entered the fold 

decisions ….

Are we certain that we’ll know prior to the early games that Jimmy G is out and Lance will start?

I’d hate to pick Lance over Huntley and then find out too late that Jimmy G is miraculously going to give it a go. 

Are we certain that we’ll know prior to the early games that Jimmy G is out and Lance will start?

I’d hate to pick Lance over Huntley and then find out too late that Jimmy G is miraculously going to give it a go. 
Jimmy is listed as doubtful - while that doesn’t mean out,  I can’t imagine he’s playing. They way Shanahan rolls, I don’t think he’ll rule Jon out though until the inactive list comes in at 2:30 PM EST.

Thanks, now seeing many more reports saying Lance will start. 

Now back to the Lance vs Huntley coin flip. 

You sound optimistic to a degree I've not seen so far...care to elaborate?
They’re playing Houston is the primary reason.  Lance’s legs should give him a pretty solid floor of around 20, with upside for 30.  The Niners are going to hammer the Texans.  

Trying to figure out which two of Hill, Lance, and Herbert to play. All TDs are worth 6. Currently have Herbert/Hill in, but strongly considering moving Lance in over Hill. Any thoughts?

Thanks, now seeing many more reports saying Lance will start. 

Now back to the Lance vs Huntley coin flip. 

These two are ranked right next to each other everywhere.

ESPN guys have Huntley over Lance. Yahoo guys split. 

FootballGuys Tremblay, Bloom, White all have Huntley just ahead of Lance.

If this is helpful, I’m not starting him over Huntley and/or burrow in 4 pt passing td leagues. 

Trying to figure out which two of Hill, Lance, and Herbert to play. All TDs are worth 6. Currently have Herbert/Hill in, but strongly considering moving Lance in over Hill. Any thoughts?
I’d go Herbert for sure then Hill. Lance and Hill probably close though in 6 pt. 

Users who are viewing this thread