What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

in 1992 how did the Colts (1 Viewer)

That situation is pretty amazing all the way around.Here the Colts wind up with the TOP 2 PICKS in the NFL draft. Both of them bust. They also had taken Jeff George first overall in 1990 and he was a bust and off the team quickly. And yet the Colts play in the AFC title game 4 years later in 1995.
They actually won that game too. Wasn't that the Harbaugh hail mary that was ruled a incompletion against the Steelers? That was a catch.

Are there any sites that review each years draft; studs, busts, rookies that made an impact that year etc?

Wikipedia highlights the pro bowlers but little else on the older drafts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft

in more recent years they add a little more commentary but I'm looking for something a little deeper

Ironically, Mr Irrelevant of this draft, Matt Elliott, had a 7 yr NFL career. Not bad for last pick in 12th round.

Best wishes to him as his son fights leukemia.

Matt Elliott
As I recall, Matt Elliott had the quote of the year in describing Alonzo Spellman (1st round pick of the Wanny era Chicago Bears :yucky: )"Alonzo Spellman has the body of a world beater, but the mind of an egg beater."

Classic - and all too true.

That situation is pretty amazing all the way around.Here the Colts wind up with the TOP 2 PICKS in the NFL draft. Both of them bust. They also had taken Jeff George first overall in 1990 and he was a bust and off the team quickly. And yet the Colts play in the AFC title game 4 years later in 1995.
They actually won that game too. Wasn't that the Harbaugh hail mary that was ruled a incompletion against the Steelers? That was a catch.
It was not a catch. The refs made the right call there.

correct, it was not a catch. but man that ball laid on his stomach in the endzone for what seemed like an eternity.

Link FWIW: but it's ugly believe me.....worst draft EVER w/o a doubt.

http://www.drafthistory.com/years/1992.html

Re. Colts' first 2 picks, Emtmann was very good and would've possibly been a great one if not for tearing his knees up (fn astoturf). Coryatt had no such excuse and just kinda sucked before working his way up to half-decent in the twilight of his career.
The 1982 draft was pretty weak. The only potential HOFers are Morten and Gary Anderson.http://www.drafthistory.com/years/1982.html

Packers did well in this draftEdgar, Robert Brooks, Mark Chmura, Ty Detmer. not too shabby.
They really missed the boat in RD 1 with T-Buck and could have drafted Vincent to start that great draft.Edgar was a perfect pick as he was considered a tweener coming out of college and filled the need of a mudder on those 90 Packer teams.
The Packers also had an additional 1st round pick in the 92 draft. They traded it to the Falcons for some guy named Favre.

Link FWIW:  but it's ugly believe me.....worst draft EVER w/o a doubt.

http://www.drafthistory.com/years/1992.html

Re. Colts' first 2 picks, Emtmann was very good and would've possibly been a great one if not for tearing his knees up (fn astoturf).  Coryatt had no such excuse and just kinda sucked before working his way up to half-decent in the twilight of his career.
What's funny is that there were more successful players in the first 10 picks of the second round than there were in all of the first round. :lmao:
Check out the #3 pick in the 9th round.He's still playing, kind of, today

Incorrect. He had control.

Jason Hanson is arguably the best player in this draft. Tough year when your best player is a kicker.

Packers did well in this draftEdgar, Robert Brooks, Mark Chmura, Ty Detmer. not too shabby.
They really missed the boat in RD 1 with T-Buck and could have drafted Vincent to start that great draft.Edgar was a perfect pick as he was considered a tweener coming out of college and filled the need of a mudder on those 90 Packer teams.
people kill Buckley.. and while i agree that he didn't turn out to be a good fit in Green Bay.. the guy did play for 13 seasons :goodposting:agree about Edgar. i loved that guy.

And don't forget that Vincent was a Wisconson Badger made it much worse causs he was a home state player in Madison
and i hate this argument too. Packers fans would like for the team to re-form every season on the Packers roster.unless it's a UW lineman, or rarely a WR, i don't want any part of em

Brad Johnson by the Vikings in the 9th round.That's pretty good value...
Most super late round QBs/UDFA's that manage to stick around on a roster end up being great fantasy values.
I wouldn't say "most", but more like "more than you would expect".From the 1992 draft, 4 late-round QBs had lengthy careers (Jeff Blake, Kent Graham, Brad Johnson and Ty Detmer), but only 2 of them ended up having any type of fantasy value.

correct, it was not a catch. but man that ball laid on his stomach in the endzone for what seemed like an eternity.
But it should of never came to that as Kordell Stewart was clearly out of bounds before he caught the game winning TD pass. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread