What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In and Out Burger (3 Viewers)

I assume he means greasy. I used to love 5 guys, and probably posted in the 5 guys thread at some point that they were better than In n Out. But I can’t even eat their burgers now. Not sure if that’s because quality changed since they started expanding all over the place, or I’m just old now. Probably more of the latter. (I used to hate In N Out’s fries too, but now appreciate them for the same reason - they aren’t super greasy. Hmm, definitely think I’m just getting old.)
I think that is the the main difference there. Five Guys is not a bad hamburger but it is too greasy for me to be like "wow, this is so good!" My wife can't even eat it because it messes with her entire 'system' so I don't eat it much at all. I mean, it isn't good enough for me to go out of my way to eat it on my own. 

If you like grease- then I can see someone tapping Five Guys over In n Out. Other than that there is absolutely no reason to pick Five Guys over In n Out. None. 

I will wait 15 minutes to drive past a Popeyes and go somewhere else
Popeye's chicken is my favorite fast food fried chicken by far. And their red beans are pretty great for a fast food side.  But their service and consistency is horrendous.  And the popularity of their sandwich has added an air of snottiness to their ineptitude. All of those You Tubers comparing sandwiches should have compared the dichotomy of their service vs. Chik-fil-a.

Popeye's chicken is my favorite fast food fried chicken by far. And their red beans are pretty great for a fast food side.  But their service and consistency is horrendous.  And the popularity of their sandwich has added an air of snottiness to their ineptitude. All of those You Tubers comparing sandwiches should have compared the dichotomy of their service vs. Chik-fil-a.
I swear that I tried the sandwhich but honestly I can't remember it. Like, I remember 'I have to try this thing with all this hype' but don't actually remember eating it. 

I concur on all points.  Love Popeye's as well but can't stand the sandwich.  Still don't understand the hype.  Something about the batter tastes different than their standard chicken pieces.  Maybe it's the bread as well but I felt like crap after eating one.  Give me a 3 piece with dirty rice and I'm good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk of burgers made me want one.  We went to Smash Burger.  Yum.  They even have tater tots, which takes bad fries out of the equation.
My only experience with Smashburger has been in the Philly airport, and it was amazing. Unfortunately the only freestanding location near me closed. 

Is there really such a thing as fast food any more? Since the COVID outbreak, I don't care what it is that I pass by, McD, Whataburger, Chik-fil-A, lines for the drivethru are wrapped around the building. And this is with all of them having two lines for ordering. I just drive on by. Ordering ahead from a restaurant and setting a pick-up time is just much easier and is better quality.

Is there really such a thing as fast food any more? Since the COVID outbreak, I don't care what it is that I pass by, McD, Whataburger, Chik-fil-A, lines for the drivethru are wrapped around the building. And this is with all of them having two lines for ordering. I just drive on by. Ordering ahead from a restaurant and setting a pick-up time is just much easier and is better quality.
In n Out, Chik-Fil-A and Portillo's are three places that always have long lines and always work through them quickly. It usually takes about as long to go through a long line with one of those than a short line pretty much anywhere else and minus the "can you pull ahead and we will bring it out to you" as well on the back end. 

I love in and out but we have a place called volcano burger that blows them all away.  Cheeseburger is $4 and double cheeseburger is $5 so the price is about the same, their fried zucchini is next level. Glad that I only get it when visiting my family or else 🐷

"While we are still in the earliest planning stages, we do anticipate serving Double-Doubles in Boise in the not-too-distant future," said Denny Warnick, vice president of operations. "We’re grateful to hear frequently from loyal customers in Idaho who wish to have their own In-N-Out Burger nearby. Our president, Lynsi Snyder, has given us a five-year goal to turn that thoughtful feedback into reality. We’ll meet that goal, and we’re looking forward to joining the wonderful community there."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
@jamny

"While we are still in the earliest planning stages, we do anticipate serving Double-Doubles in Boise in the not-too-distant future," said Denny Warnick, vice president of operations. "We’re grateful to hear frequently from loyal customers in Idaho who wish to have their own In-N-Out Burger nearby. Our president, Lynsi Snyder, has given us a five-year goal to turn that thoughtful feedback into reality. We’ll meet that goal, and we’re looking forward to joining the wonderful community there."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
@jamny
Never had it, so it's not a big deal to me. I'll probably try it but I ain't waitin' hours! Lol

#fiveguys is probably better anyway. 🙂
Besides, it's probably not native Idahoans asking for it...lol

Chick-fil-A.  I know the lines look long, and they are, but they move very swiftly.  It's a study in efficiency.
Chick-Fil-A nuggets have been a reliable meal for our girls so I’ve spent a lot of time during the pandemic in their drive-thru. I’m constantly impressed by how they changed things up to be more efficient and keep the line moving. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep dine-in closed long term.

Chick-Fil-A nuggets have been a reliable meal for our girls so I’ve spent a lot of time during the pandemic in their drive-thru. I’m constantly impressed by how they changed things up to be more efficient and keep the line moving. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep dine-in closed long term.
They better not. One of the few places left with a playground.  Our local one used to have a balloon guy come once a week on family night and make awesome balloons. 

In-N-Out opened its first Idaho location on Tuesday and the scenes were insane

Customers were told to expect wait times of 7-8 hours in the drive-thru line, and some even camped out up to 30 hours before opening.
It's nuts. I follow a few food groups in Boise and there are endless posts about it and stories in the news.
Never had it but I'll wait until the summer.
Lots of Californians in Meridian and surrounding areas so that probably accounts for much of the hysteria.

Customers were told to expect wait times of 7-8 hours in the drive-thru line, and some even camped out up to 30 hours before opening.
It's nuts. I follow a few food groups in Boise and there are endless posts about it and stories in the news.
Lots of Californians in Meridian and surrounding areas so that probably accounts for much of the hysteria.
The lines will go down but you can also expect there always to be a line but the good news is that they move them quickly.

The lines will go down but you can also expect there always to be a line but the good news is that they move them quickly.
If there's always a line, I'll probably never try it. Maybe if it was in the city but not to drive to.
I almost never eat fast food and prefer a good sit down, local pub burger.

If there's always a line, I'll probably never try it. Maybe if it was in the city but not to drive to.
Yea, I never crave pub burgers but I sure as hell do In N Out.

A long line at In N Out is like 2 cars in any other fast food place other than Portillo's or Chick-Fil-A who also have long lines but move them through quickly.

Never waited longer than 15-20 minutes at In N Out. They aren’t quit ChickFilA efficient - but they move cars through quickly.
The In N Out by my house will regularly take 40 minutes during prime lunch/dinner hours. I love the place but rarely go because it takes so long. The Chik-Fil-A across the street is easily 3x as fast.

went to college in San Diego 87-91. many friends throughout southern California. in-n-out has been my favorite ff burger for sometime. it was nice when they opened one in SD during my senior year.

I will say that i think they have all gone down hill over the past 15 years (all ff burgers).

i want to like 5 guys more (due to toppings), but my typical experience was greasy, under-seasoned burgers with over seasoned fries. i just stopped going to them.

irony is that now, when the family decided to do a quick ff meal (rare), daughter primarily wants in-n-out or chic-fil- a

Last edited:
shake shack has passed up in n out as our favorite fast food burger. We have both within a mile of our house in SD...unfortunately, shake shack doesn't have a drive through so in n out gets more of our dollars.

That being said, during tourist season the line for in n out is ridiculous. I wish people would just stay at whatever ****ty place they came from instead of invading in the summer.

shake shack has passed up in n out as our favorite fast food burger. We have both within a mile of our house in SD...unfortunately, shake shack doesn't have a drive through so in n out gets more of our dollars.

That being said, during tourist season the line for in n out is ridiculous. I wish people would just stay at whatever ****ty place they came from instead of invading in the summer.
Shake Shack is also twice as expensive.

I had lunch at In'N'Out in Huntington Beach yesterday.
We met there about 11 am and no line at all.
It really didn't get busy until about 12:30 pm.

went to college in San Diego 87-91. many friends throughout southern California. in-n-out has been my favorite ff burger for sometime. it was nice that they opened one in SD during my senior year.

I will say that i think they have all gone down hill over the past 15 years.

i want to like 5 guys more (due to toppings), my typical experience was greasy, under-seasoned burgers with over seasoned fries. i just stopped going to them.

irony is that now, when the family decided to do a quick ff meal (rare), daughter primarily wants in-n-out or chic-fil- a
Five Guys is five times more expensive than In N Out and about 5 times less good (not sure the correct way to write that out but you get the point).

I have tried all the others and they are usually good but In N Out, first stop I make every stop back in Cali is to an In N Out.

Shake Shack is also twice as expensive.

Least I can get a beer with my burger at Shake Shack.

If you just want to try it once, hit it an off hour, like 3 pm, or 11 am. Not much of a line at those times.

went to college in San Diego 87-91. many friends throughout southern California. in-n-out has been my favorite ff burger for sometime. it was nice that they opened one in SD during my senior year.

I will say that i think they have all gone down hill over the past 15 years.

i want to like 5 guys more (due to toppings), my typical experience was greasy, under-seasoned burgers with over seasoned fries. i just stopped going to them.

Five Guys is five times more expensive than In N Out and about 5 times less good (not sure the correct way to write that out but you get the point).

I have tried all the others and they are usually good but In N Out, first stop I make every stop back in Cali is to an In N Out.

Yeah, I never understood comparing a burger from In and Out/McDonalds type chains to more expensive sit down places like 5 Guys. Not a good comp imo. Shake Shack is somewhere in between the two but for a slight premium, well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread