What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is a sack always a full tackle? (1 Viewer)

jbz

Footballguy
Question regarding official NFL stats. I was always under the impression that a sack is always registered as a full/solo tackle as well. So for instance, in our IDP league, we score sacks as 5 points and solo tackles at 1 pt to make sacks worth 6 points Assisted tackles are .5 and half sacks are 2.5.

Last weekend Chandler Jones got credit for a full sack, but no solo tackle. He got 3 assisted tackles. I thought for sure stat corrections would adjust it, but those have come and gone and it's still like that. I didn't watch the replay of the game yet to see what happened, but if he didn't get credit for a solo tackle, his owner is missing some points. It doesn't matter right now, but I'd hate to see a season tie breaker end up being decided on something so close. Plus if it's possible to get a sack and not a solo tackle, our league scoring is wrong. Thoughts on this?

Yes it is. Chandler jones probably had 2 half sacks and one assisted tackle on the day. This would give him a stat line of 0-3-1 on the day.

ah, ok, that would make sense.

*edit - good call. Just went back and checked the game logs. 2 split sacks. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread