What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Biden/Harris a disappointment? (1 Viewer)

I am sure that you heard it the way you wanted t

I had forgotten about this. @Opie will pin this on Biden or Dems / Hillary  :lol:
I am sure that you heard it the way you wanted to hear it...but in THIS world, Operation Warp Speed said that allocated 20 million shots by the end of the year to states, though the last 5 million won’t actually be delivered until the first week in January. The government held another 20 million doses in reserve so people can receive their second shots weeks later.

"The Federal Government has distributed the vaccines to the states. Now it is up to the states to administer."

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that you heard it the way you wanted t

I am sure that you heard it the way you wanted to hear it...but in THIS world, Operation Warp Speed said that allocated 20 million shots by the end of the year to states, though the last 5 million won’t actually be delivered until the first week in January. The government held another 20 million doses in reserve so people can receive their second shots weeks later.

"The Federal Government has distributed the vaccines to the states. Now it is up to the states to administer."
It’s ok. Joe is finishing it up for us.

I know many here are pretty sensitive to their "side" and all, so on the rare occasion where I dabble in our MSM, I usually try to be kind and present links that the parties would enjoy seeing.  That said, when the Washington Examiner "hears" it "that way", I mean.....

It's my preference however, to look at things from outside our pathetic MSM.

Reuters
Al Jazeera
BBC

I honestly thought this was the least controversial issue we've seen and I don't even fault the last admin for not producing.  It was a pipe dream and I thought everyone understood it.  Well, until I came here to the PSF and saw all that noise :lol:  

We were at 4500 deaths a day when he took office and there has been a sharp decline since then down to the 700/800 as you say. Not sure how you can look at that descending trend and come to the conclusion that we are not worlds better off now than just 3 months ago.
We all know why that surge happened. We are basically at the spike level from last summer and our response is trending towards opening things up. If 15000 people indoor events were happening last summer on trumps watch he would have been crucified and rightfully so. 

We all know why that surge happened. We are basically at the spike level from last summer and our response is trending towards opening things up. If 15000 people indoor events were happening last summer on trumps watch he would have been crucified and rightfully so. 
The difference is Trump was encouraging those events. Biden is not. 

Trump literally held an indoor rally in Tulsa, OK last June with masks discouraged. He was widely criticized for such an irresponsible event. It ended up killing Herman Cain and many others.

Well at least Biden has the right temperament for President. While Trump despite doing some good things, held a hostile work environment and that over in the firing more people in the White House than any other President before and maybe after him. 

Trump literally held an indoor rally in Tulsa, OK last June with masks discouraged. He was widely criticized for such an irresponsible event. It ended up killing Herman Cain and many others.
Not sure what I can say here anymore.  Let's go with bad decisions have consequences.   On the disappointment scale Trump/Pence were definitely south of Biden/Harris.

BassNBrew said:
Not sure what I can say here anymore.  Let's go with bad decisions have consequences.   On the disappointment scale Trump/Pence were definitely south of Biden/Harris.
Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan was underrated. RIP

Disclaimer:  I’m a conservative who was able to look past Trump’s mean tweets and acknowledge that he did some decent things, but I also understand that he caused a lot of embarrassment to some people.

It’s hard to gauge Biden’s performance thus far because I don’t think he is actually doing much.  He is in clear mental decline; to argue otherwise is to tell the emperor his outfit looks awesome IMO.  On rare occasions when his handlers let him out, they give him a list of which reporters to call on, in which order, what their questions will be, and what his answers will be.  I don’t think he is sitting at the head of some war room table coordinating complex strategy sessions.

What he could be doing though is setting high-level direction.  Even so, I’m not sure what that is at this point.  I’ve long said that my most important criterion for a president is that he/she has a strong compass guiding them.  I don’t expect to agree with them on everything:  case in point is Bernie, with whom I am about 180 opposed, but a respect that I know what to expect from him.  The old Joe, yeah, I could get behind that.  I’m originally from Wilkes-Barre PA, sister city of Scranton.  Good people from there, hard working, blue collar, want a job and a fair wage vs. a handout.  Personal accountability.

But it seems like there is a battle within the Democratic Party to determine the very fiber of the country moving forward.  Another $2T stimulus bill?  That’s old school debate, we can live with that.  Conservatives will argue it is too much/unnecessary, and in the end we can reach a compromise.  But this critical race garbage, where every white person is racist just ‘cause?  Teaching a generation of young black people that they have no chance of success because the system is hopelessly stacked against them?  How do you recover from that?

Sorry for the rambling, let me put a bow on it.  I don’t know who is running the Biden/Harris camp (I don’t think it is Harris at this point either), instead I think there are warring factions.  I’m rooting for the “let’s keep spending like drunken sailors” camp vs. the “America is the greatest nation ever but it sucks so we need to blow it up” camp.  Until then I give it an incomplete.

I dont really like the sound of these comments.

Kind of a "they are telling you their plans" kinda vibe
Probably an argument for more executive power now that he's in office. Makes executive orders "to keep up" with the less deliberative autocracies sound that much more necessary. The argument would go that when a country is trying to keep pace with rapidly moving and changing world events, a deliberative body like our Congress can't be trusted to make quick enough and accurate enough decisions. Better to cede the decision-making to a more streamlined branch designed to get it all done, and done quickly. 

That's probably what he's talking about. Every time I hear those arguments coming from comparative government guys, it always means they want more executive power. Whether the reasoning behind the increased power and legislative shift to the executive actually plays out as efficacious as it is argued it will be is another matter entirely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably an argument for more executive power now that he's in office. Makes executive orders "to keep up" with the less deliberative autocracies sound that much more necessary. The argument would go that when a country is trying to keep pace with rapidly moving and changing world events, a deliberative body like our Congress can't be trusted to make quick enough and accurate enough decisions. Better to cede the decision-making to a more streamlined branch designed to get it all done, and done quickly. 

That's probably what he's talking about. Every time I hear those arguments coming from comparative government guys, it always means they want more executive power. Whether the reasoning behind the increased power and legislative shift to the executive actually plays out as efficacious as it is argued it will be is another matter entirely. 
It is just kind of an alarming trend. the executive orders, talk of packing the court, packing the senate, now this. 

It is just kind of an alarming trend. the executive orders, talk of packing the court, packing the senate, now this. 
Oh yeah. The progressive Democratic wing that favors the expansion of Democratic power at all costs with no respect to generally settled structures of government is alarming. It also seems like this same progressive Democratic wing is running his presidency. The media is calling it "FDR-like," as if these structural changes are what the majority of people want -- that is, a radical overhaul of the structure of government institutions to give Democrats more power in the other branches. But despite FDR's popularity and consolidation of power within the executive, he never had popular support to alter the balance of power in other branches (especially court packing, which the country rebelled at the thought of). Biden is conflating the popularity of welfare and subsidy programs with popular support for court packing and statehood issues. It's a dangerous, anti-democratic norm trend, much like Trump. 

We are living in dark democratic days indeed. 

Users who are viewing this thread