What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Brady Washed? (1 Viewer)

Is Brady Washed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TB isn’t winning a playoff game anywhere with that OL.
I would never write off TB in the playoffs. That team is still loaded with talent.
And they will have a home game
TB has scored more than 22 points only once this season. That puts them tied with HOU and DEN. It's unlikely Tampa will be a wildcard, so they will likely be the 4 seed . . . meaning they will play the highest seeded wildcard team. DAL has a game and a half lead on NYG and play the Texans and Jags next while the Giants still have to play the Eagles twice. It's looking like DAL will most likely get the 5 seed. If TB loses to SF this weekend, they would be 3 games behind the Niners for the 3 seed without the tiebreaker (meaning they would have to win out and SF lose out to snag the 3 seed).

Yes, the Bucs already beat the Cowboys, but that was the game Dak got hurt. Dallas has gone on to score 22 or more points in 8 games. A lot could happen between now and a potential DAL/TB playoff matchup, but I think the Bucs will need to score a lot more than they have been to advance through the playoffs. Maybe guys get healthy, and things start clicking offensively, but they won't be able to sleepwalk for 55 minutes against good teams.
Yeah but Mike McCarthy would be involved.

Yes, the Bucs already beat the Cowboys, but that was the game Dak got hurt.
Dak got hurt with 6 minutes left in the game and the Cowboys were down 19-3.
I'm going to suggest the Cowboys are a better team in week 13 than they were in week 1.

Not sure I feel the same about the Bucs.
I didn’t say otherwise, I’d agree. But Dak getting hurt had nothing to do with that game.

Not in love with the options here. If by washed we mean pro bowl alternate type player....then yes he's washed. But pro bowl alternate player is still a decent player.

Voted washed though....by his own standards he is

People are voting with their hearts and not their minds. Brady looks good, the O line is a mess. They will have a home playoff game and most likely win, then face a QB with no playoff experience or Kirk Cousins in the second round. Yeah, I’ll take my chances with Brady and that defense. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to seem them in the NFC championship game at a minimum.
What playoff team will they beat? Keep in mind they'll be the 4 seed....probably playing the Cowboys! Honestly not so sure they could hold up against the Giants or Commanders either.
TB will be one and done come playoff time

Not in love with the options here. If by washed we mean pro bowl alternate type player....then yes he's washed. But pro bowl alternate player is still a decent player.

Voted washed though....by his own standards he is
Washed meaning "sucks at football, shell of his former self, not even a consideration for the pro bowl".

People are voting with their hearts and not their minds. Brady looks good, the O line is a mess. They will have a home playoff game and most likely win, then face a QB with no playoff experience or Kirk Cousins in the second round. Yeah, I’ll take my chances with Brady and that defense. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to seem them in the NFC championship game at a minimum.
What playoff team will they beat? Keep in mind they'll be the 4 seed....probably playing the Cowboys! Honestly not so sure they could hold up against the Giants or Commanders either.
How many playoff games has Dallas won the last few years?

Didn't they get beaten by a 49ers team that didn't have an offensive touchdown last season?

Didn't they get beaten by a 49ers team that didn't have an offensive touchdown last season?
This TB team is NOT good. Fully expect Dallas will beat them....but point is that assuming TB will win a playoff opener is silly....they will be at best a coin flip, but almost certainly an underdog

This TB team is NOT good. Fully expect Dallas will beat them....but point is that assuming TB will win a playoff opener is silly....they will be at best a coin flip, but almost certainly an underdog
They still have a ton of talent. I think you're overrating Dallas and vastly underrating what Brady, Godwin, Evans & a solid defense can do in the playoffs.

Like I said - I've learned to not write them off, especially when they're the underdog.

And you didn't answer my question - how is Dallas some playoff juggernaut when they got their butts kicked by a 49ers team playing with a 1-armed QB who didn't throw a TD, AT HOME last year?

Plus Bowles isn’t a great in-game coach.

Bucs are still #10 in DVOA. Not expecting a title but some of y’all acting like they are the Texans are getting a little ahead of yourselves.

Bucs are still #10 in DVOA. Not expecting a title but some of y’all acting like they are the Texans are getting a little ahead of yourselves.
They're not the Texans, they're a .500 team that's all. On paper, they're a talented team and no one should take them as an easy win because "any given Sunday" and all that. But they're a 500 team after 12 games. It will be interesting to see if they can string together a run because, again the talent appears to be there but right now they are as disjointed and out of sync as any team in the league.

And DVOA is a rather arbitrary "statistic" that makes a lot of assumptions based on factors that simply cannot be reduced down to quantified metrics.

And DVOA is a rather arbitrary "statistic" that makes a lot of assumptions based on factors that simply cannot be reduced down to quantified metrics.
There is nothing arbitrary or assumptive about DVOA at all, that I am aware of. Taking assumptions away is basically the entire point of it.
Clearly this is just my opinion so "grains of salt" and all that.

The arbitrary nature enters when, as F.O. likes to use as their first example on their DVOA primer, they assign value to a 3 yard rush on 3rd & 7 and a different value for a 3 yard rush on 3rd & 2.

Eventually it comes down to a human creating an algorithm to assign value to team or individual performance and that value is arbitrary. There are far, far too many unaccountable factors that constantly change to be distilled down to a single value. It's very early to put too much stock into DVOA ATM.

Like a lot of analytics I think they may be onto something but, also like a lot of analytics, they are going to need to buy an entire server bank over at AWS and unleash Bezos.Bot.2000000 on all the game film in the universe for a few years if they want to turn it into much more than a small lineup consideration (and big marketing tool).

That reminds me, I haven't been in the FFA in a couple years, is @Maurile Tremblay still going without shampoo?

I still haven't figured out if that was schtick or not. He's so dry in his humor I really can't tell. I used to hang out with crusty punks, so who knows what is real and what isn't?

I mean, I know the roulette system is a joke, but there are some other things. . .

Narrator's voice (Morgan Freeman): Is the roulette system a joke, though? Wouldn't you like to bankroll yourself just to find out?

They shut the PSF down, which he moderated quite extensively. He's probably at least bathed since then. We'll have to ask him.

That reminds me, I haven't been in the FFA in a couple years, is @Maurile Tremblay still going without shampoo?

I still haven't figured out if that was schtick or not. He's so dry in his humor I really can't tell. I used to hang out with crusty punks, so who knows what is real and what isn't?

I mean, I know the roulette system is a joke, but there are some other things. . .

Narrator's voice (Morgan Freeman): Is the roulette system a joke, though? Wouldn't you like to bankroll yourself just to find out?

They shut the PSF down, which he moderated quite extensively. He's probably at least bathed since then. We'll have to ask him.
I'm pretty sure it was sincere. I'd be surprised to find otherwise.

After all this I’m pretty sure I’m starting Brady this week.

lol

I’ve locked up the playoffs and have a 1 game lead on the 1-seed + all the tiebreakers. A win this week clinched the 1-seed. We only have 1 week of playoffs so no BYE, but the 1-seed gets to pick their playoff opponent, which is huge.

Pray for me. :tebow:
Here's hoping you have a reason for a code 317 after this weekend
“communication, self-expression, motivation, spiritual development, inner wisdom and knowledge, intuition, progress, and new beginnings”?

hmm…I’d settle for the 1-seed. :shrug:

:unsure: seed……

Downgraded OL and not having an option like Gronk at TE has hurt Brady badly this season. The injuries at WR have factored into this season as there was not a lot of consistency week to week. The coaching has also been poor. I don’t think he is completely washed but he would need a lot more around him to keep going.

They still have a ton of talent. I think you're overrating Dallas and vastly underrating what Brady, Godwin, Evans & a solid defense can do in the playoffs.

Like I said - I've learned to not write them off, especially when they're the underdog.

And you didn't answer my question - how is Dallas some playoff juggernaut when they got their butts kicked by a 49ers team playing with a 1-armed QB who didn't throw a TD, AT HOME last year?
You might be taking what I said a bit too far. I was merely commenting that the ASSUMPTION that this mediocre TB team will win their WC game was deeply flawed. And even Dallas at it's choking best would certainly be no pushover to a mediocre team

You might be taking what I said a bit too far. I was merely commenting that the ASSUMPTION that this mediocre TB team will win their WC game was deeply flawed. And even Dallas at it's choking best would certainly be no pushover to a mediocre team
I’m just playing Devil’s advocate anyway. I have no idea what the Bucs will do in the playoffs.

But I doubt they go down without a fight.

Maybe some of you didn't watch Brady for the first 55 minutes of the game last night. Brady is toast. Huntley it is!
But what if they can bottle that last 5 mins?

QB1 - fantasy monster. And the crazy thing is, they’re not far off. 2 deep shots that would have been 50+ yard TDs had Brady shown just a little more touch.

It’s right there.

Or maybe it’s not. :wink:

Leaving Brady out of the equation, the Bucs have consistently struggled to score points this season. They have played six Bottom 10 defenses so far this year, and in those games, Tampa has scored a full touchdown (7 points) less than what those weak defenses have allowed against everyone else. Most teams inflate their offensive totals against bottom feeder defenses, but the Bucs haven't even scored much against those teams. Come playoff time, DAL currently ranks 3rd in points allowed and 4th in scoring, while PHI ranks 7th in points allowed and 2nd in scoring. Even for this upcoming game, the Niners rank first in fewest points allowed. If Tampa scored a TD less than what SF / DAL / PHI allows per game, the Bucs would only score in the 9- to 12-point range. Maybe the Bucs can start clicking offensively, but they will need to do that in the post season if they are to make a run. If guys get healthy, things start clicking, and folks start playing better, it's not a crazy notion to think they could start being a lot more productive on offense. They just haven't shown that at all this year so far. The 2020 SB winning team scored 30 points 12 times and had only 2 games with 20 or fewer points. The 2022 squad has scored 30 points just once and has scored 20 or fewer points 8 times.

Last edited:

Yea I gotta say I am not really worried about Dallas on the road in the playoffs. Lol

When I read the thread title I thought this was a question about his hygiene.
I remember the FFA thread, Soapless in Seattle. We should probably avoid clever hygiene word play when it comes to Tampa.

im curious, as well.
Because I respect @Maurile Tremblay so much, I ate nothing but potatoes for two straight weeks. To be fair I did lose weight.

Then again so do all the people stuck in a Russian Gulag.

Today isn’t 100% on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.

Last edited:
Today isn’t on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.
That's nice and...it was unquestionably a fumble.

What are ya gonna do? :shrug:
Not sure what the tuck game (which I agree was a fumble) has to do with Ward getting away with mugging Godwin?

Are you asserting some sort of long term karma?

Today isn’t on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.
That is a backwards way of looking at it. If not for the hold, the defender gets to Brady and he never gets to make the throw to Evans.

Absolutely not washed. He has arguably the worst coaching staff in the league (only arguable because Hackett hasn’t been fired yet, and Hackett has a great young DC on staff). For some reason his chemistry with Evans has been off all season, he threw some bad balls today. But when he’s allowed to do his thing and run the hurry-up, not run or throw a screen every 1st down, etc. he looks fine. Still capable of some insane throws and arm looks almost stronger now than it did 10 years ago.

If he doesn’t retire and plays somewhere else next year, somewhere with a qualified, modern offensive staff—he’ll be great again. I hope he does because even as a Patriots hater growing up in NE my whole life this is a sad way to watch him go out. I hope he and Payton link up like they wanted for at least one season. Even if it’s in New Orleans.

But when he’s allowed to do his thing and run the hurry-up, not run or throw a screen every 1st down, etc. he looks fine. Still capable of some insane throws and arm looks almost stronger now than it did 10 years ago.

Exactly this. That coaching staff is terrible, and Brady looks fine when he's allowed to do his own thing out there. I don't mean freelancing, but a controlled chaos and hurry-up offense is their best bet because the play calling is so poor.

Todd Bowles is just. . .he's just terrible.

Not sure what the tuck game (which I agree was a fumble) has to do with Ward getting away with mugging Godwin?

Nope. Just saying the play was what it ended up being called on the field.

Right, wrong (and the tuck was ####### WRONG ###### ######$ NFL!!!), or otherwise.

Nope. Just saying the play was what it ended up being called on the field.

Right, wrong (and the tuck was ####### WRONG ###### ######$ NFL!!!), or otherwise.
Preaching to the choir.

That is a backwards way of looking at it. If not for the hold, the defender gets to Brady and he never gets to make the throw to Evans.
Maybe. Watched it a couple times. I’m undecided. I lean towards your take, but I’m not 100% on it.

He underthrew guys deep all day after that.

The ward non-call that ended that other drive was definitely egregious. Niners got a lot of calls their way today. It happens.

Brady looked horrible against a good Niners D though.

People keep making excuses. He’s not the same player. He is missing easy throws and feels phantom pressure causing him to chuck it into the turf way too often.

He’s done. His head isn’t in it. The issues with the offense are as much on his play as anything else.

But when he’s allowed to do his thing and run the hurry-up, not run or throw a screen every 1st down, etc. he looks fine. Still capable of some insane throws and arm looks almost stronger now than it did 10 years ago.

Exactly this. That coaching staff is terrible, and Brady looks fine when he's allowed to do his own thing out there. I don't mean freelancing, but a controlled chaos and hurry-up offense is their best bet because the play calling is so poor.

Todd Bowles is just. . .he's just terrible.

He’s an idiot. SUCCOP from 55 tells you all you need to know about that dope.

Users who are viewing this thread