What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Brady Washed? (2 Viewers)

Is Brady Washed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today isn’t on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.

People keep making excuses. He’s not the same player. He is missing easy throws and feels phantom pressure causing him to chuck it into the turf way too often.

He’s done. His head isn’t in it. The issues with the offense are as much on his play as anything else.
I’m leaning that way.

Niners D gets a cap tip though. No cakewalk.

Today isn’t on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.

People keep making excuses. He’s not the same player. He is missing easy throws and feels phantom pressure causing him to chuck it into the turf way too often.

He’s done. His head isn’t in it. The issues with the offense are as much on his play as anything else.
I’m leaning that way.

Niners D gets a cap tip though. No cakewalk.

He’s missed multiple deep balls the last two weeks. 3rd downs at the sticks that used to be pitch and catch are missed because he won’t hang in anymore. He’s ducking and chucking as soon as any defender gets close to him.

Thank you for the Super Bowl, but he is done.

His head isn’t in it
Agreed. And I think this is a major issue that people ignore.

If his home life was 100% okay (as okay as any home life can be) I don't think this thread would exist.

Physically he seems fine. The arm strength is there. Just seems like he’s checked out. Been that way since Training Camp.

The past two years everything around him was perfect. He isn’t capable of performing without impeccable conditions like some of these other guys can.

His head isn’t in it

If his home life was 100% okay (as okay as any home life can be) I don't think this thread would exist.
I’m also starting to question if his arm is in it.

Dude was taking 3-step run-ups to those passes & under-throwing wide open receivers by 3 yards.

He had Scottie Miller wiiiiide open. Julio also had his dude beat by a full 5’ and the ball floated short. On replay, they showed Brady taking a couple steps and chucking it hard.

His arm is getting noodlish.

His head isn’t in it

Physically he seems fine. The arm strength is there. Just seems like he’s checked out. Been that way since Training Camp.

The past two years everything around him was perfect. He isn’t capable of performing without impeccable conditions like some of these other guys can.
lol - I was just commenting exactly to the contrary. I don’t think he has the same zip on his passes at all.

His head isn’t in it

lol - I was just commenting exactly to the contrary. I don’t think he has the same zip on his passes at all.

I think he’s hesitating. Makes the ball late.

His head isn’t in it

I don't give "NextGenSPLOSION!!!?" stats too much credit but apparently his release is still among the fastest in the league. His accuracy or arm strength may be diminished but his decisiveness still seems to be there.

His head isn’t in it

I don't give "NextGenSPLOSION!!!?" stats too much credit but apparently his release is still among the fastest in the league. His accuracy or arm strength may be diminished but his decisiveness still seems to be there.

He’s definitely still quick getting rid of it. But, his decision on where to go and the accuracy are not Brady level. Especially down the field.

Arians was always deep first then check down. Brady seems like he’s locked in on short first (to protect himself) and then if he feels like he has the time he looks deep. By then it’s too late.

His head isn’t in it

Noodle Armitus.

Today isn’t 100% on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.
Stupid holdl? Smith was grabbing Willis with both hands. Willis sacks Brady if he doesn't hold.

Brady missed throws all day. Played like crap

Today isn’t 100% on Brady. He had a 68 yard TD nullified by a stupid hold, and twice his receivers were mugged by Ward with no flag. Bucs got jobbed. I say this as a Niners fan.
Stupid holdl? Smith was grabbing Willis with both hands. Willis sacks Brady if he doesn't hold.

Brady missed throws all day. Played like crap
I said as much also. I’m not arguing that. But he also had a help from teammates and a brutal Niners defense.

this team is flat out garbage without Arians. There I said it. Their coaching staff is a joke for wasting this much talent. Tom will be fine- somehow will be trading up on Giselle soon

You can see washed from here. A mixed bag of sub-par play and pulling rabbits from his hat.

A bigger question to me is is Mike Evans washed? He sure looks it.

Or is it washcasting?

Redd Foxx called and told you to wash your face first, whatever you do.
Redd was good for all kinds of personal advice.

Greatest comedy album of all time. My brother & I used to sneak down to the living room at night & listen to it on headphones.

We woke my dad up laughing - he totally caught us and said, “just don’t listen to the Cheech & Chong records” which of course we did soon thereafter. lol

Foxx was a brilliant comedian. Very underrated since most folks only knew him from Sanford & Son.
He was.

For some random reason, I watched a couple episodes of Sanford and Son a year or so back. Forgot how raw that show could be. Episode where Fred had to go to court. He dropped about 5 N-bombs in the course of 30 seconds or so. Cringe worthy. My memories from watching that as a kid were more of Fred making fun of Lamont and his interactions with Grady, Bubba and Aunt Esther. Sheesh.
“Take a look around this courtroom your honor…there’s enough N*****s in here to film a Tarzan movie.”

this team is flat out garbage without Arians. There I said it. Their coaching staff is a joke for wasting this much talent.
When Bowles took over, there was inevitably going to be an offensive drop off from Arians. Just didn’t expect it to be this much with that collection of talent. Bowles is a really nice guy and a terrific defensive mind, but as we Jets fans saw years ago, not very creative on the offensive side of the ball.

this team is flat out garbage without Arians. There I said it. Their coaching staff is a joke for wasting this much talent.
When Bowles took over, there was inevitably going to be an offensive drop off from Arians. Just didn’t expect it to be this much with that collection of talent. Bowles is a really nice guy and a terrific defensive mind, but as we Jets fans saw years ago, not very creative on the offensive side of the ball.
Being on the same field with that 49ers team was eye opening. Watching the innovation and schematic layers they bring to the table versus the "we do what we do" nonsense from the Bucs was embarrassing. Tampa can't just out talent anyone anymore and their coaching deficiencies are being severely exposed against any team with a pulse.

Brady must be intent on playing next year because I can't believe he came back for this to be his last season. That being said, I don't see a landing spot for him.

How much do we think Bowles is involved in the offense?

Is he calling the offensive plays?

It's reasonable to consider Leftwich is doing 90% of the heavy lifting.

It's also reasonable to suggest Brady has great latitude when it comes to audibling.

Or is it washcasting?

Redd Foxx called and told you to wash your face first, whatever you do.
Redd was good for all kinds of personal advice.

Greatest comedy album of all time. My brother & I used to sneak down to the living room at night & listen to it on headphones.

We woke my dad up laughing - he totally caught us and said, “just don’t listen to the Cheech & Chong records” which of course we did soon thereafter. lol

Foxx was a brilliant comedian. Very underrated since most folks only knew him from Sanford & Son.
He was.

For some random reason, I watched a couple episodes of Sanford and Son a year or so back. Forgot how raw that show could be. Episode where Fred had to go to court. He dropped about 5 N-bombs in the course of 30 seconds or so. Cringe worthy. My memories from watching that as a kid were more of Fred making fun of Lamont and his interactions with Grady, Bubba and Aunt Esther. Sheesh.
“Take a look around this courtroom your honor…there’s enough N*****s in here to film a Tarzan movie.”

It didn’t age particularly well, but i admit I laughed at this joke.

Of course, I also have the awareness that this joke isn’t particularly offensive other than the gratuitous use of the N word. Chapelle made a career out of that, & but wasn’t half as clever as Foxx.

He had some surprisingly clean humor as well - like when he said his wife asked him when she was gonna get a ring, and he said “as soon as I get out of this tub”.

Being on the same field with that 49ers team was eye opening. Watching the innovation and schematic layers they bring to the table versus the "we do what we do" nonsense from the Bucs was embarrassing. Tampa can't just out talent anyone anymore and their coaching deficiencies are being severely exposed against any team with a pulse.

Brady must be intent on playing next year because I can't believe he came back for this to be his last season. That being said, I don't see a landing spot for him.
I fear it may be SF. But then, I didn’t exactly see him as an upgrade to Brock Purdy, which is something I can’t believe I just typed.

It's also reasonable to suggest Brady has great latitude when it comes to audibling.
This is another monumental head-scratcher.

Leftwich was thought of as a rising star as an OC. What we’ve seen from this Bucs team has been thoroughly uninspired playcalling.

Sure, Brady audibles, but they’re all still presumably Leftwich’s plays.

It’s possible that Brady is the governor, limiting the engine that is the Bucs offense. Or another poor analogy might be that Brady is the engine & he threw a rod this year, but the Bucs have been pushing that smoking wreck down the road all year regardless.

He's just a part of many issues The Bucs have this year. O-line,running game and defense not as good as the last few years. Godwin missing time hurt,not sure what the problem is with Evans. Having said that Brady's play has clearly not been to his standards,a high bar for sure,but at some point all the G.O.A.T.S's realize they just don't have "it" anymore. Some get out when the time is right,some linger too long. We'll see what happens with Tom.

I fear it may be SF. But then, I didn’t exactly see him as an upgrade to Brock Purdy, which is something I can’t believe I just typed.
Yeah, I was pretty certain the Brady to SF for his swan song was all lined up. But Mr. Purdy may have some say in that if he finishes strong.

I still believe in Lance too. They had to know when they drafted a QB with basically one season of college experience and having sat out the season due to Covid that he would need some time. Unfortunate he got hurt and lost this season, but patience required here. Look at Hurts. Favorite for MVP, and going into this season, there was a lot of talk that this was a "prove it" season. He sure has. Needed time to develop and Philly has to be pretty damn glad they gave it to him.

Good problem for the 49ers to have if Purdy keeps playing like he did yesterday

He's just a part of many issues The Bucs have this year. O-line,running game and defense not as good as the last few years. Godwin missing time hurt,not sure what the problem is with Evans. Having said that Brady's play has clearly not been to his standards,a high bar for sure,but at some point all the G.O.A.T.S's realize they just don't have "it" anymore. Some get out when the time is right,some linger too long. We'll see what happens with Tom.
While I agree with most of this, I believe it breaks down to 70% Brady, 30% "other".

Again, I went back and watched those throws against the Niners. He put everything he had into launching those balls, and they *still* fell short. Julio Jones had a full 6' of separation. Tom Brady of old, that's a TD 95/100x, and the other 5 are DPI. Scotty Miller was absolutely wide open - burned the defender badly off the line and when the ball was in the air I thought, "damn, that's going all the way to the house" - instead, as with most of Brady's deep balls, it hit the DB in the back.

And Brady is taking 3-4 steps to rear back and chuck those balls with everything he's got. It just isn't enough. It's sad to see - I think his shoulder is in serious decline. Whenever you see a QB doing those extra things to get power behind the ball, it's a sign that the arm strength just isn't there.

Just one guy's opinion, but after that game I want to change my vote to "washed".

While I agree with most of this, I believe it breaks down to 70% Brady, 30% "other".

Again, I went back and watched those throws against the Niners. He put everything he had into launching those balls, and they *still* fell short. Julio Jones had a full 6' of separation. Tom Brady of old, that's a TD 95/100x, and the other 5 are DPI. Scotty Miller was absolutely wide open - burned the defender badly off the line and when the ball was in the air I thought, "damn, that's going all the way to the house" - instead, as with most of Brady's deep balls, it hit the DB in the back.

And Brady is taking 3-4 steps to rear back and chuck those balls with everything he's got. It just isn't enough. It's sad to see - I think his shoulder is in serious decline. Whenever you see a QB doing those extra things to get power behind the ball, it's a sign that the arm strength just isn't there.

Just one guy's opinion, but after that game I want to change my vote to "washed".
Can't disagree

Jets is my preferred destination after the season.

49ers adding him to Lance would be insanely interesting.
You seem to have misspelled "nauseating".
I've always kind of liked Brady, but man, his behavior this season and especially yesterday is making it hard to want him in SF next year. I get he's great and being competative is a huge part of that, but IMO, he's crossing the line from being competitive and being a B. Looking forward to one of his teammates (defensive side of ball maybe) yelling at him for throwing picks.

I get the calls didn't go his way yesterday, but he has had his fair share of calls going his way in his career. Tuck rule anyone? Bet Tom thought that was a "fine call"

There were several plays Purdy made yesterday avoiding the rush, with his legs, that Brady flat out cannot make.

You can see washed from here. A mixed bag of sub-par play and pulling rabbits from his hat.

He’s lost a step or two also. It’s hard to tell how much until he’s with a qb hat can get him the ball deep.
Yeah, I mean - I watched Evans closely & he's getting open deep. Usually it's just as Brady is on the ground, looking out of his earhole.

The concern with Evans isn't that he's washed, it's how fragile he seems to be the last couple seasons. Seemingly after every catch, he's on the sidelines limping around, or winded. Many have commented on this this year, but it goes back to 2021.

It's really odd. I get that making a catch is harder than running a route you're not targeted on, but why is he so spent, and why does get get so frequently banged up? Mike Williams made 4 or 5 spectacular physical catches in tight coverage & took a ton of abuse last night, but he didn't run to the sideline every time.

Evans frequent trips to the sidelines can't be good for the Bucs continuity on offense. I don't think he's washed, but I also don't see him in the NFL much longer if he can't handle the wear & tear.

Jets is my preferred destination after the season.

49ers adding him to Lance would be insanely interesting.
You seem to have misspelled "nauseating".
I've always kind of liked Brady, but man, his behavior this season and especially yesterday is making it hard to want him in SF next year. I get he's great and being competative is a huge part of that, but IMO, he's crossing the line from being competitive and being a B. Looking forward to one of his teammates (defensive side of ball maybe) yelling at him for throwing picks.

I get the calls didn't go his way yesterday, but he has had his fair share of calls going his way in his career. Tuck rule anyone? Bet Tom thought that was a "fine call"
He just looks like he'd be a D### to have as a teammate. Always red-faced angry, yelling at other players for stuff that's clearly his fault. I would hate to have that vibe on my team.

I don't think much at all if anything. It's all Leftwich/Brady. I also think a big reason why Arians is not the head coach is because Brady wanted to run this short throw kind of offense. Everything is dink/dunk. Arians wanted to push the ball down the field, and I don't think Brady wants to take those shots anymore.

The field is compressed and the defenses are teeing off on the short stuff because they know Brady won't hang in long enough to complete anything down the field. He's playing scared.

The field is compressed and the defenses are teeing off on the short stuff because they know Brady won't hang in long enough to complete anything down the field. He's playing scared.
Makes it so much more difficult - like the entire game is played in the RZ. Just an impossible style of offense.

Miami would be an interesting landing spot, especially as it seems that Tua is possibly cooling off. We know the owner would want it to happen. :lol:

He’s lost a step or two also. It’s hard to tell how much until he’s with a qb hat can get him the ball deep.
He had a 65 yard catch and run TD called back due to a holding penalty at the LOS.
Only about 20 air yards on a play the Niners forgot to put anyone in coverage. And as had been pointed out to me a couple times, were it not for the hold, he never would have been able to get the pass away. Sad but true.

The comeback next year is going to be amazing.
what's he coming back from? He never left!

The Definition

The official definition: CPOY is given to the player “who shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, overcoming a severe injury, or simply a poor performance.”

ETA-
not saying he's going to win comeback player of the year, just pointing out the criteria some consider for a "comeback" does simply mean the player was not available the previous season.

The comeback next year is going to be amazing.
what's he coming back from? He never left!

The Definition

The official definition: CPOY is given to the player “who shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, overcoming a severe injury, or simply a poor performance.”

ETA-
not saying he's going to win comeback player of the year, just pointing out the criteria some consider for a "comeback" does simply mean the player was not available the previous season.
Sorry, I forgot to use my sarcasm font.

I was just making a dumb joke.
:sarcasm:

He had a 65 yard catch and run TD called back due to a holding penalty at the LOS.
Only about 20 air yards on a play the Niners forgot to put anyone in coverage. And as had been pointed out to me a couple times, were it not for the hold, he never would have been able to get the pass away. Sad but true.
The post I was quoting was taking about Evans and not Brady. Evans was never a burner and didn’t look like he lost a step on that play.

Users who are viewing this thread