What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it time to sell Ezekiel Elliott? Will help in return? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
My team is 3-2 but I have some holes. It's a 10-team, 2 QB league, .5 PPR redraft league. My roster is:

QB: Luck, Tannehill, Kaepernick, Romo; RB: Elliott, McKinnon, Jennings, James White; WR: Marshall, Hilton, Landry, Maclin; TE: Eifert, Zach Miller; DEF: Philadelphia; K: Bailey

Elliott is on bye next week, McKinnon is on bye this week and so the positions I'm hurting at most are RB2 and QB2. Do I try and pair Elliott and one of my WRs to try and pull in a haul of players? I'm already projected to lose by 20 points to this week. Should I just take a risk and try and go boom/bust (Will Fuller is on waivers) and just see what happens. I don't feel confident about any of my RBs outside of Elliott moving forward. What should I do?! :(

I would hold tight. Don't trade away your best player, unless you're getting another top RB1 and then some in return. Nobody will want to give up enough of their team to get Elliot to satisfy you, I would play the wire and maybe make a trade for a higher upside RB to help out. Someone will want a WR, just make sure not to go too overboard.

Agree to hold... But if you do sell him, you could probably get any running back aside from Bell or D Johnson.  I would throw out a few offers for a running back you like (maybe DeMarco or LeSean) plus a good wide receiver, and see if anyone bites. Worst case they say no, best case they hit accept and you upgrade wide receiver and side grade running back

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get a king's ransom for him, then sure.  But I think the best is yet to come for Elliott.  You would have to get at least a top 15 RB plus a top 15 RB or WR, plus some other sweetener (like a slight upgrade at QB or TE) before I'd even consider it.  But there might be somebody out there who absolutely loves Elliott and would give up more than that for him.  Especially look for some of the guys that people are calling a buy low, like Lamar Miller or Odell Beckham - if one of those two was in the conversation plus another quality player, then you'd have to consider it.

Here's mine

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749595-ros-s-ware-or-b-powell-or-d-williams-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread