What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it worth it to trade up for Jahmyr Gibbs? (2 Viewers)

BigShow67

Footballguy
In a 12 team, 1 QB, PPR Keeper league.

I have top overall pick. perfect since my RB1 is James Connor. No question who gets picked there of course.

WR core is strong enough (Lamb, G Wilson, Deebo, Ayuck, Odell) that I traded DK Metcalf for the pick at round 1, pick 3.
QB group and TEs solid as well.

Is it worth it to trade Deebo, Ayuck or Odell & the 3rd pick to the team with the second overall pick to ensure I'll get Gibbs? Could also part with Daniel Jones, my QB3

The team at 2 has CMC and Henry, with a weak WR group. He probably won't draft a RB but is looking to trade out for multiple picks as he probably needs to rebuild.

Part of me thinks that even if Gibbs gets taken, I can grab a solid RB2 by the time my first pick in the second round is up and "settle" for JXN at pick 3.

Thoughts?

Thanks

In a 12 team, 1 QB, PPR Keeper league.

I have top overall pick. perfect since my RB1 is James Connor. No question who gets picked there of course.

WR core is strong enough (Lamb, G Wilson, Deebo, Ayuck, Odell) that I traded DK Metcalf for the pick at round 1, pick 3.
QB group and TEs solid as well.

Is it worth it to trade Deebo, Ayuck or Odell & the 3rd pick to the team with the second overall pick to ensure I'll get Gibbs? Could also part with Daniel Jones, my QB3

The team at 2 has CMC and Henry, with a weak WR group. He probably won't draft a RB but is looking to trade out for multiple picks as he probably needs to rebuild.

Part of me thinks that even if Gibbs gets taken, I can grab a solid RB2 by the time my first pick in the second round is up and "settle" for JXN at pick 3.

Thoughts?

Thanks

With defensive needs the Lions drafted Gibby at 12 instead of going D. So they must have big plans for him. Can see him being a good PPR and yardage guy for sure. Also Lions have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL so he should have solid rushing numbers too.

As with most what if scenarios it really depends on what the trade involves. I would trade Jones or OBJ and 1.03 for that pick. You didn't really give any other options or thoughts so tough to say yes or no.

It really depends on what the owner at pick 2 wants to do. If he plans on taking Gibbs, then I doubt Jones/OBJ + 1.03 would get the job done. If he probably needs to rebuild as you stated, I don't see why he would want OBJ. However, if he plans on taking someone else with that pick then yeah, I would see it as "free money" to move back one pick.

With all that said, if you think OBJ/Jones + pick 3 to move up that spot to get Gibbs would get the job done, I'd do it. Just not so sure that if I was the other owner I would accept that trade.

Users who are viewing this thread