What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Kerry Collins a top 10 QB this week? (1 Viewer)

Breesisdaman

Footballguy
I realize the Titans would prefer to run but this matchup screams shootout against a weak Texans secondary. Is this a no brainer or are there other factors at play here? Is Kerry up to the task?

Chime in folks

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent question and topic.

I find it extremely difficult to trust a Tennessee QB with my playoff game and season on the line, but if there is one week to play him, it is this week. We have to hope Houston puts up 30 points again, even on the road, to ensure that Collins keeps tossing the rock.

another Rodgers owner getting ready to pick up Collins and plug him in if Rodgers can't go.......ugh

He's a great option against a demoralized Texan team. The only other option out there on a wire might be Kitna against the 'Skins.

He's a great option against a demoralized Texan team. The only other option out there on a wire might be Kitna against the 'Skins.
Agree, I like Kitna slightly better though because of his history. He has had more solid games than Collins.
Yeah, as a Rodgers owner I think you have to like Kitna better for this week. He has much better weapons and has no CJ on his team. He's probably got a lower cieling, but he's at least been consistent.

Agree, I like Kitna slightly better though because of his history. He has had more solid games than Collins.
Yeah, as a Rodgers owner I think you have to like Kitna better for this week. He has much better weapons and has no CJ on his team. He's probably got a lower cieling, but he's at least been consistent.
How does Kitna have better weapons on his team now that Bryant is gone? And does CJ actually hurt Collins?....not if he catches passes. Britt, Moss, Washington, Scaife....that's not all that bad, especially against Houston.

Flacco/Ben owner also considering it but I just think Im gonna play it safe and roll with Flacco vs the best team vs QBs (NO). Flacco has been consistently solid all year.

Billy Volek.

If you have people along the lines of Eli, Orton, Henne, Hasselbeck, etc. run to the line and pickup Collins. If you have Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc...not so much.

Definitely a top 10 THIS week.

I am a rodgers owner, dropped cassel for collins and going to plug collins in this week. no brainier, hes got weapons all over the place on a crappy HOU secondary.

Same boat but considering Matt Flynn over Collins. Just think that GB will throw and throw pretty well against the Patriots.

I'd rank them Flynn, Collins, Henne, and Campbell

Same boat but considering Matt Flynn over Collins. Just think that GB will throw and throw pretty well against the Patriots.I'd rank them Flynn, Collins, Henne, and Campbell
I hope you are a Rogers,Cutler, or TJax owner. You could be left hanging if they wheel Rogers out there.

As a nervous Orton owner, I am looking at WW options.... Collins, Campbell, or McNabb. That's the order I like them.... but I don't have much faith in any of them.

Granted, I am in the Toilet Bowl for the Top pick next year and not the Championship playoffs.... but hey, it matters to me! Highest score of the remaining 3 teams gets the top pick.

Collins vs Houston (#32 Def for QB's fantasy points allowed - best matchup)

Campbell vs Denver (#31 Def for QB's)

McNabb at Dallas (#29 Def for QB's fantasy points)

I think any of these 3 could be suitable WW pickups for this week....

Other Free Agents in my league....

Garrard at Indy (#16 Def for QB's)

Henne vs Buff (#15 Def for QB's)

Hasselbeck vs Atl (#20 Def for QB's)

Alex Smith at SD (#1 Def vs QB's - WORST MATCHUP)

I'm on the Garrard train! I think you should start Garrard or Kitna over Collins. I think Garrard and Kitna both put up 20 pts this week.

Bench/drop orton!!! Please yahoo remove him from the stupid can't cut list.

As a nervous Orton owner, I am looking at WW options.... Collins, Campbell, or McNabb. That's the order I like them.... but I don't have much faith in any of them.

Granted, I am in the Toilet Bowl for the Top pick next year and not the Championship playoffs.... but hey, it matters to me! Highest score of the remaining 3 teams gets the top pick.

Collins vs Houston (#32 Def for QB's fantasy points allowed - best matchup)

Campbell vs Denver (#31 Def for QB's)

McNabb at Dallas (#29 Def for QB's fantasy points)

I think any of these 3 could be suitable WW pickups for this week....

Other Free Agents in my league....

Garrard at Indy (#16 Def for QB's)

Henne vs Buff (#15 Def for QB's)

Hasselbeck vs Atl (#20 Def for QB's)

Alex Smith at SD (#1 Def vs QB's - WORST MATCHUP)
#1 go for collins if i where u, its most likely going to be a shootout, in which collins with throw a lot the whole game.with britt back, and randy moss can only do better, i see big things for collins this week.

#2 on your list would be henne, hes got marshall back and its buffalo.. come on,

#3 on your list is cambell, tho that is only if denver sticks around,

I do not like alex smith, hasselbeck, or mcnabb this week.

I considered Collins, but I think I'm going to opt for the "safer" play with Kitna. Odd calling an interception machine like Kitna a safe play, but he's at home in a dome against a Skins team that gave up 10,000 points to a division rival (PHI). I hate the choices, but I'm hoping Dallas keeps up the offensive production. I have exactly 1.5 hours to change my mind though...because of waivers.

A note regarding Campbell. I live in the Bay Area. It's raining and is supposed to rain all weekend. I know it's wind and not rain that matters, but I could see a "sloppy" game played this Sunday. I don't trust Campbell in good weather, so I'm not going to trust him when it's pouring rain.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle writes that Gary Kubiak is "worried" about RE Mario Williams (sports hernia).Williams aggravated his injury against the Ravens Monday, and although Kubiak has said Williams will not be shut down, it does seem possible that he could sit out this weekend. The former No. 1 overall pick has yet to miss a game in his five NFL seasons.
I'm getting a little nervous because all signs are pointing to Collins having a big week. I'm usually let down when I expect a big week.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
Billy Volek.If you have people along the lines of Eli, Orton, Henne, Hasselbeck, etc. run to the line and pickup Collins. If you have Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc...not so much.Definitely a top 10 THIS week.
Billy Volek lost me the championship a couple years ago when he put up a -2. I had Jake Plummer as used him all year long, then decided to pick up Volek after he had two massive scoring games in a row. Plummer had his normal 12 points and I lost by 2.Lesson learned. Play who got you there, when they are healthy and playing.

Normal week-

I understand this. Texans and Titans have put up some real high scoring games for FF points which involves a team falling behind and making a comeback usually. Haynesworth had an odd habit of injuring Schaub with a (reasonable hit) sack too that would only add to the scoring.

Playoff week-

I think you'd be crazy to start a struggling QB. One of the things I like to do in the playoffs is do whatever I can "live with" during the offseason if I lose. It's not just hoping Kerry does well here, kinda but don't forget if CJ rocks the Titans aren't passing much so you're also hoping he doesn't perform well.

The Titans great OL has played poorly for a few weeks and they are due more than any single player so I'd bank on them (and then consequently CJ) if anyone. There's too many probs to start Kerry in the playoffs IMO

Anyone like Collins over Matt Ryan this week?

This kind of stuff worries me because often times we talk about a guy having a huge week and it fails to materialize (see Blount last weekend).

You guys bring up great points, however if your options are Roethlisberger and Garrard it's not that easy. I play in a heavy TD weighted scoring league so I can't take much more of Big Ben's lack of TD's and Garrard could do the same.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
Billy Volek.If you have people along the lines of Eli, Orton, Henne, Hasselbeck, etc. run to the line and pickup Collins. If you have Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc...not so much.Definitely a top 10 THIS week.
What if you have Flacco?

I'm thinking about benching Big Ben...I'd have Collins AND LBJ. Not sure I want to gamble on the Titans to that extent.

Summer Wheat said:
bushisdaman said:
Kitna seems to be tailing off.
I agree. Watching that last game was painful in the first half. The playcalling has gotten very conservative and I worry about them running all over the Skins. Collins @ HOU might actually be a better play, since we know that Houston will score points. If Washington is seriously considering playing Rex they have already given up on the season. I could see a 17-3 victory based primarily on the running game. Also, Roy Williams looked downright awful. Kitna doesn't have great options at WR2-4, and if Washington focuses on doubling Miles and taking Witten out of the game, they could pretty easily shut down the pass.However Kitna did manage to make a decent game out of it towards the end, but that was only because Dallas was trailing. It's hard to see that same scenario against Washington.

Thank god I have Schaub and Vick in my start 2 QB league and Brady in my other.

Oh, and just an FYI: I thought about benching Schaub against the vaunted Ravens defense but decided to just roll the dice with him. That worked out pretty well.

Thank god I have Schaub and Vick in my start 2 QB league and Brady in my other.Oh, and just an FYI: I thought about benching Schaub against the vaunted Ravens defense but decided to just roll the dice with him. That worked out pretty well.
That's great. I have A painful decision to make in A 2 qb league...pick 2:GarardCollinsRoethles.Hassleback

Shaun Hill sneak back into the mix if he plays? He was top 12 ish before he got hurt and the Bucs D isn't scary considering where Stanton ranks by those not ranking Hill yet.

I'm actually considering benching Flacco for Collins...
I considered it too but I just cant do it despite Flacco's tough matchup. Hes been so damn consistent since wwek 3. I can live with the 20 pts which has been his floor.
Wow, until you posted that I wasn't considering him with Rodgers hurt. I have Collins in as a starter, but Flacco's numbers have been solid for quite a while. In our scoring he's gone: 26, 28, bye, 25, 27, 19, 24, 18, 23. I'd take that. Now I'm more confused!!!

Thank god I have Schaub and Vick in my start 2 QB league and Brady in my other.Oh, and just an FYI: I thought about benching Schaub against the vaunted Ravens defense but decided to just roll the dice with him. That worked out pretty well.
That's great. I have A painful decision to make in A 2 qb league...pick 2:GarardCollinsRoethles.Hassleback
Roethlisberger and ... Garrard, Collins, Hasselbeck in that order

I am jumping aboard the Collins train. Gamblier that I am, I am starting Collins/Britt. I definitely am starting over Eli, with Steve Smith gone and Manningham inconsistent. Even though I am playing Hakeem Nicks.

I will be waffling with my decision if my other backup Cassel looks good to go againts the Rams. It's hard to trust a QB for a playoff matchup coming off injury, and Cassel is only a guy to be used for easy matchups, but when they are right, Cassel has produced nicely.

Anyone debating Collins/Cassel?

Roethlisberger and ... Garrard, Collins, Hasselbeck in that order
Garrard has struggled the past two seasons while playing AT Indy......zero TD's and 1 INT. Makes me nervous.........leaning Collins.

i personally dont like collins in this game. sure he may get 200 and 1, but i think we see 30+ carries from cj/ringer
Texans are 6th against the run and 32nd against the pass. You literally can't get a better match-up for a QB. Also, CJ and Ringer have only combined for 30+ carries in 3 games which were all big blowout wins for Tennessee. I doubt you see that vs. Houston.

I am jumping aboard the Collins train. Gamblier that I am, I am starting Collins/Britt. I definitely am starting over Eli, with Steve Smith gone and Manningham inconsistent. Even though I am playing Hakeem Nicks.I will be waffling with my decision if my other backup Cassel looks good to go againts the Rams. It's hard to trust a QB for a playoff matchup coming off injury, and Cassel is only a guy to be used for easy matchups, but when they are right, Cassel has produced nicely.Anyone debating Collins/Cassel?
Not Cassel but Orton. Oak is #7 vs QB/Pass. Hou is #32. No brainer. Picked up Collins of Blind Bid WW for $3 last night. I am even going so far as starting R Moss with Collins. Other WR options - 1 just hit IR (Steve Smith NYG) & B LaFell (Carolina has no offense other than RBs)I only want R Moss to play decent game to try to get a new contract for 2011. He won't get many opportunities like this.

Users who are viewing this thread