What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Michael Jenkins-WR, better than we think? (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
I read this at PFW's "The Way We Hear It" and thought it sounded a little more than just interesting. First the Fitz comparison is eye opening when talking about Jenkin's skill sets. Secondly, it reinforces what we've been hearing from Vick and about Vick and that is he's clearly lost as the QB of the Falcons. Whiule Hall isn't pointing his comments at Vick I think it's easy to understand where he's coming from. After all, he covers Jenkins in practice all the time. He knows if Jenkins is running the right route or if Vick is making the throws. He also covers other guys and can make a fair comparison.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...m?mode=nfcsouth

Falcons’ Hall expects WR Jenkins to break through in 2006

Atlanta

Pro Bowl CB DeAngelo Hall just can’t get enough football, and that’s why we saw him strolling around the halls of the Indiana Convention Center during the Scouting Combine. Hall said he was just hanging out and not there in an official capacity, though he was granted access to watch workouts behind the curtains in the RCA Dome. “If there’s anything to do with football, I’m there,” Hall told PFW. “Whether it’s scouting somebody or giving my own personal opinion on the guy. It’s just fun for me to get out there and watch guys run, lift, compete. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about. It’s not about how fast you run or how good you catch the ball. It’s about who can come out here and compete day-in and day-out, no matter what situation they put you in.” While Hall was reluctant to give his scouting report on any of the players at the Combine, he did evaluate teammate WR Michael Jenkins, whom the Falcons selected in the first round of the 2004 draft: “I think he’s no different than Larry Fitzgerald, who caught 103 balls (in 2005),” Hall told PFW. “The guy got opportunities to make plays, and that’s all Michael Jenkins needs. I’m positive he can make those plays. He’s a great receiver, great guy. He’s definitely going to get it done this season.”

Interesting. I have Jenkins in a dynasty league and I'm borderline on keeping him. I picked him up as a free agent towards the end of the year and he's got a nice low cap number. It's just that he's wasting away in that offense.

Between Roddy White and Michael Jenkins....who do you go after late in a draft? We're talking the #38-#43WR drafted here, folks.

I went with Jenkins based on the same quote....a third year WR thing, isn't it? I know that White has better measurables and is considered to be faster....but I took Jenkins in a league where we start 6 WR's; took him instead of White.

Jenkins just needs to do his intermediate route thing, catch 65 balls, score 5-6 TD's and he's a great #6 receiver. In ATL's (Vick's) offense, the long ball has never been a threat.

I was high on Jenkins coming out in '04, so much so that I passed over Evans and Clayton. Bottom line is that Vick is still throwing the ball in ATL. Did I say throwing? I meant running. Jenkins falls into the deep sleeper category for me.

Between Roddy White and Michael Jenkins....who do you go after late in a draft? We're talking the #38-#43WR drafted here, folks.

I went with Jenkins based on the same quote....a third year WR thing, isn't it? I know that White has better measurables and is considered to be faster....but I took Jenkins in a league where we start 6 WR's; took him instead of White.

Jenkins just needs to do his intermediate route thing, catch 65 balls, score 5-6 TD's and he's a great #6 receiver. In ATL's (Vick's) offense, the long ball has never been a threat.
I think it's a toss up between White and Jenkins. Maybe go with Jenkins based on Hall's comments?

Between Roddy White and Michael Jenkins....who do you go after late in a draft?  We're talking the #38-#43WR drafted here, folks.

I went with Jenkins based on the same quote....a third year WR thing, isn't it?  I know that White has better measurables and is considered to be faster....but I took Jenkins in a league where we start 6 WR's; took him instead of White.

Jenkins just needs to do his intermediate route thing, catch 65 balls, score 5-6 TD's and he's a great #6 receiver.  In ATL's (Vick's) offense, the long ball has never been a threat.
I think it's a toss up between White and Jenkins. Maybe go with Jenkins based on Hall's comments?
Not maybe...I did. Jenkins was the #47 WR drafted WR and I drafted him as the #7 WR on my roster. White went 18 picks later and was an equally good value....if not a bit better.

Not maybe...I did. Jenkins was the #47 WR drafted WR and I drafted him as the #7 WR on my roster. White went 18 picks later and was an equally good value....if not a bit better.
I like both WRs, and own both in different dynasty leagues. However, if Vick is the QB, I wouldn't count on them as more than your #3 WR.

I like White more for big plays, Jenkins more for a "possession" type role.

Between Roddy White and Michael Jenkins....who do you go after late in a draft?  We're talking the #38-#43WR drafted here, folks.

I went with Jenkins based on the same quote....a third year WR thing, isn't it?  I know that White has better measurables and is considered to be faster....but I took Jenkins in a league where we start 6 WR's; took him instead of White.

Jenkins just needs to do his intermediate route thing, catch 65 balls, score 5-6 TD's and he's a great #6 receiver.  In ATL's (Vick's) offense, the long ball has never been a threat.
I like both WRs, and own both in different dynasty leagues. However, if Vick is the QB, I wouldn't count on them as more than your #3 WR.

I like White more for big plays, Jenkins more for a "possession" type role.
You may be right but I think both are versatikle enough to fill either role. I also like both WR's but I do not like the situation they're in. As for taking them as a WR3-4 the problem is either can have a good game. Guessing when is the tricky part.

I see no negativity towards Vick either. In fact, believeing that Jenkins is going to break out this year means Hall must believe Vick will be able to get him the ball. Yes Fitz got more opportunities because he was on an all-pass offense, had an opportunity to learn quicker with Boldin injured, and had the opprotunity to play opposite Boldin. That doesnt mean Hall was saying Warner is any better than Vick.

We hear the comparisons for every player in the league. This is coming from Jenkin's teammate. The comparison to Fitz means nothing. Could Jenkins breakout this year? Absolutely. Its his third year in the league which is considered the big WR breakout year. Its Vick's and the team's third season in this offense. Jenkins could definately breakout. That doesnt make him as good as Fitzgerald.

In dynasty rookie drafts, when Jenkins came out he was going at the end of the 1st round. Would he be worth more or less than that right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread