What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Pead suspended one game (1 Viewer)

Would think 1 gm suspension is not gonna change his chance to win the job too much.
I would think that it would EXTREMELY change his chance to start game 1. What he does with the job after that is up to him. All you can ask for is a shot...this should definitely give him his chance.

Rotoworld update:

The Rams reportedly knew about Isaiah Pead's one-game suspension "for months" and maintain "high expectations" for the 2012 second-round pick.
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the one-game ban stems from a "minor violation" from last year. Profootballtalk's Mike Florio speculates it resulted from some "previously unknown violation of law." The NFL does not have to disclose reasons for suspensions, and nor does Pead's camp. Ultimately, the one-game suspension could affect Pead's ADP and make him an even better draft-day value.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Would think 1 gm suspension is not gonna change his chance to win the job too much.
I would think that it would EXTREMELY change his chance to start game 1. What he does with the job after that is up to him. All you can ask for is a shot...this should definitely give him his chance.
This certainly can't help Pead.

St Louis plays the Cardinals week 1 and it's likely that the team will have 25-30 rushing attempts. That's enough for either Richardson or Stacy to take the job and run with it. If either guy gets 15 carries and puts up over 100 yards, it wouldn't surprise me to see that player rise to the top of the depth chart. There are no egos to be massaged here, no backup RB surpassing the entrenched starter, this is three guys on an even playing field.

Unless one guy plays phenomenal in the preseason, the job will likely come down to regular season production. Pead just cost himself a great opportunity against a mediocre defense.

I think Richadson benefits more than Stacy because Pead and Richardson are of a similar size and skillset.

Along the silly lines of us deciding if a fine is too little or too much...one game seems odd.

Along the silly lines of us deciding if a fine is too little or too much...one game seems odd.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure this does much one way or the other for what transpires in the St. L backfield. I was fully expecting the starting gig to come down the Richardson or Stacy anyway. I've never been a big fan of Pead to begin with. Seems like a situational RB to me.

I still think Stacy will be the best FF RB on that team by year's end.
Very helpful with a lot of insight into Peads suspension.

Zac Stacy, come on down!
Yeah, whew, come on down for one game!

I bet the #2 WR is gonna be a golden stud now that Gordon is suspended in Cleveland too. Come on down Greg Little. :rolleyes:
Little was the #33 WR from week 11-17 last season (right below Gordon at #32). In other words, he was already a starting WR in the league with Gordon for the 2nd half of the season last year.

Zac Stacy, come on down!
Yeah, whew, come on down for one game! I bet the #2 WR is gonna be a golden stud now that Gordon is suspended in Cleveland too. Come on down Greg Little. :rolleyes:
Do you always bring the jackassity or is this post an outlier?
Not an outlier.

I still have a feeling Pead is eventually the guy for the Rams. I agree it's a good landing spot for Stacy as far as opportunities but there's also a reason all those other RB's were drafted by NFL teams before Stacy. The Rams have more invested in Pead than Stacy and I think he's going to get his chance. That doesn't mean he won't flop and Stacy won't run with it but all things being equal I think they will lean toward Pead.

I'll bet on Pead in this race. The suspension was from an incident a year ago when he was a mess and all reports are he's a lot more focused and mentally there now.

Stacy had no elite traits, he's just kind of decent in every aspect, those guys have a tough time sticking around in the NFL. Wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the NFL in a couple years.

Zac Stacy, come on down!
Yeah, whew, come on down for one game! I bet the #2 WR is gonna be a golden stud now that Gordon is suspended in Cleveland too. Come on down Greg Little. :rolleyes:
Do you always bring the jackassity or is this post an outlier?
LOL, ts a message board. I'm supposed to care what some screen name like Conn452kdshkjgvsaiu thinks of me or get approval from you if I want to mock someone? lmfao, please.

More than a few are in love with a 5th round pick who has other young talent on the team with him, yet most cant stand Ivory who has no competition at the position... But I should care what those same schmucks on FBG think of me?

Anyone who thinks that deserves to have their football knowledge made fun of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention, Pead was 20 lbs lighter (I don't know if he's put any muscle on since).

A bigger back but still more agile? I prefer Stacy.

Users who are viewing this thread