What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It is better to be long than strong (1 Viewer)

RedZone

Footballguy
The topic title may have excited some of you. Consider that moment of anticipation my Christmas gift to all of you. Actually, the title refers to advice I was given years ago when I had somehow stumbled into the card game Bridge. It was not a Vegas style-stumble, like finding yourself sitting at a blackjack table getting glared at by the other patrons as you consistently hit on 17, but oddly enough, involved Warren Buffet. You see, he plays Bridge and the club he sometimes plays at (located strategically next to a laundromat) was near where I lived. I knew some people of another generation who played, sometimes at his table, so it was exponentially more interesting than it had any right to be. I digress.

By the way, I have to admit I was excited to see that I would not be dealing with a certain someone in SSL3 next year. Somehow, he tainted the draft in SSL4 without even being in that league.

I have been exceedingly lucky in that I have sat atop the overall points board for most of the season. I want to take a moment to thank Twilight for doing that. However, I was bumped out of the running in week 10, because I did not have sufficient bench to cover the absence of Tom Brady and his faithful companion, Wes Welker. Somehow, my plans on David Carr taking the reins in Carolina, which were accurate, suffered due to... well, the fact that it was David Carr.

Do not neglect your back up positions and 3rd down RBs.

So, I find myself sitting still, a king on an empty throne, at the top of the points board. As I gaze at my sterile kingdom, I realize, that in FF, as in Bridge and perhaps other ventures, it is better to be long than strong. Perhaps this awareness should be kept to myself, as it could cripple the health club industry but as a service to all you, I reveal the wisdom that has the slightest, intangible association with Warren Buffet.

Happy holidays, see you next year.

good points

The problem was not your backups but when NE's bye fell. By the time week 10 came around, alot of the weaker squads were long gone. thus you couldnt stand the 0 hit at QB on that week.

Users who are viewing this thread