What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (3 Viewers)

I just discovered this this show this season and it is

now one of my TiVo season passes.

I've been spending the last few months try to patchwork

together a set of show that might barely fill the giant void

left by Arrested Development's untimely demise. None of

the following are as funny as AD, but they add up to a pretty

good list of current comedies:

Scrubs

My Name is Earl

The Office

Always Sunny Philly

Entourage

Curb

Extras

Colbert Report

Daily Show

Reno 911

Thank god someone is still trying to write good comedy for

those of us who hate the current reality TV craze.

2 pennies worth.
Add Psych to your list. That looks like it has some serious potential.
I think I agree with this. Not bad.

####.  I forgot to watch this last night.  I was too busy watching the great "Most Evil" on the Discovery Channel.
Both are on again Saturday at Midnight (technically tonight) and then again Sunday at 11:00pm.Get yourself a Tivo, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
####.  I forgot to watch this last night.  I was too busy watching the great "Most Evil" on the Discovery Channel.
Both are on again Saturday at Midnight (technically tonight) and then again Sunday at 11:00pm.Get yourself a Tivo, man.
Yeah, I need one of those thingamajigs.

####. I forgot to watch this last night. I was too busy watching the great "Most Evil" on the Discovery Channel.
Yeah, I need one of those thingamajigs.
i don't have or want digital cable. if i want to record something, we have a VCR. last night's was pretty good. i was happy to see the re-run from season 1 too. that's one of my favorite episodes.

It's Thursday! :happydance:

The last time I looked forward to a TV night this much was probably when ER was in its heyday.

I like this show. It's crass and funny.
i didn't think last night's episode was especially good. this became even more apparent after comparing it the "abortion" episode from season 1 that followed it.

I like this show.  It's crass and funny.
i didn't think last night's episode was especially good. this became even more apparent after comparing it the "abortion" episode from season 1 that followed it.
They're all new to me, but the abortion episode was better. The first one was mostly sight gags, but good ones, at that.

Watched it for the first time last night. It was the episode about a water stain on a wall looking like the Virgin Mary. I've laughed at the South Park eps dealing with VM, so I had no reservations about "Sunny" taking shots here.

Just not funny. I did laugh at the guy that liked a girl so much he ate a horse apple in return for a kiss from her, but otherwise, zero laughs.

Watched it for the first time last night. It was the episode about a water stain on a wall looking like the Virgin Mary. I've laughed at the South Park eps dealing with VM, so I had no reservations about "Sunny" taking shots here.

Just not funny. I did laugh at the guy that liked a girl so much he ate a horse apple in return for a kiss from her, but otherwise, zero laughs.
Last night's first episode was pretty pedestrian. I didn't think it was a home run like the one that followed it "Charlie Gets Cancer", where Charlie fakes getting cancer to hook up with a girl and Mac starts laying the groundwork with a hot pre-op tranny.

Watched it for the first time last night.  It was the episode about a water stain on a wall looking like the Virgin Mary.  I've laughed at the South Park eps dealing with VM, so I had no reservations about "Sunny" taking shots here.

Just not funny.  I did laugh at the guy that liked a girl so much he ate a horse apple in return for a kiss from her, but otherwise, zero laughs.
Last night's first episode was pretty pedestrian. I didn't think it was a home run like the one that followed it "Charlie Gets Cancer", where Charlie fakes getting cancer to hook up with a girl and Mac starts laying the groundwork with a hot pre-op tranny.
2nd episode was better, but the first was still better than any sitcom on the major networks (except Earl/Office).The cats are brown!

Who do y'all think is the best character?

I think the weakest character is the guy with the goatee (can't remember his name).

1. Charlie has to be my top character. Whenever he tries to read, man

that busts me up for some reason. I'm cracking up just thinking

about it.

2,3. The brother and sister do a great job at being total SOBs.

4. Danny Devito - plays the perfect father of two SOBs.

5. Devito's wife - plays the perfect mother of two SOBs.

6. Those incestuous brothers/sister are friggin' hilarious yet creepy as

hell at the same time.

7. The muscle bound dude with goatee. he's funny at times, but not as

good as the others.

I'm sure I left some out.

Quality show, everyone should see a few shows to get a good feel for it.

last week's episode was the season finale, right? i am sorry i missed even one episode, much less the season finale...

I think the weakest character is the guy with the goatee (can't remember his name).

about it.

hell at the same time.

good as the others.

I completely disagree. MAC is my favorite character (wears the cut off sleeves shirt all the time and is the creator of the show). All three guys produce/write for the show.Go watch the first season where "Charlie gets Molested" and MAC's bit about being upset for not being molested was priceless. He pulled out his grade school photo and began to say "why WOULDN'T someone molest me here, look how cute this picture is...." brother and sister's reaction was priceless.

First season > Second season

Hopefully Third season will be no worst than second season. This show really has potential to be great.

First season > Second seasonHopefully Third season will be no worst than second season. This show really has potential to be great.
i would totally agree with you. devito was a nice addition but he didn't improve the show. the first season had me in stitches every single week. this season had some fine moments but never really delivered on its promise.

This is one of my only must-watch sitcoms. "The Office" is pretty freaking funny, too. "Curb" really disappointed last season. I miss "Arrested Development."

about it.

hell at the same time.

good as the others.

I completely disagree. MAC is my favorite character (wears the cut off sleeves shirt all the time and is the creator of the show). All three guys produce/write for the show.Go watch the first season where "Charlie gets Molested" and MAC's bit about being upset for not being molested was priceless. He pulled out his grade school photo and began to say "why WOULDN'T someone molest me here, look how cute this picture is...." brother and sister's reaction was priceless.
You're right, that was good stuff. I think they all have their moments, It seems to me that the other characters have a higher quantity:quality ratio of funny moments.BTW - when he bangs the twins' mom was another good episode for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
First season > Second season

Hopefully Third season will be no worst than second season. This show really has potential to be great.
i would totally agree with you. devito was a nice addition but he didn't improve the show. the first season had me in stitches every single week. this season had some fine moments but never really delivered on its promise.
In fact I really didn't want him to be casted on the show. I think part of the appeal was that EVERYONE on the show you hadn't seen before and made it more "real" for lack of a better word. When Devito gets thrown into the mix then by adding star power to the show, I just sort of felt like I had wished they stayed with the four unknown angle.

First season > Second seasonHopefully Third season will be no worst than second season. This show really has potential to be great.
:goodposting: It's like they are trying too hard this year. Weird.
I also liked the fact that in the first season it seemed like the three guys would pick on the sister more unless of course they needed the sister to back them. This season though, the sister was equal so to speak. Case in point was the episode in the first season where the bar becomes a gay bar and the sister didn't get a vote because she wasn't a bar owner. Also, I liked the brother a bit more first season, he looked like he starved himself and was much thinner the second season than first.On the flip side, I thought Charlie's character was better second season than first and thought Mac was the best out of the bunch. His facial expression are pretty classic IMO.

Season 2 stars soon. Commercials have been hilarious
thanks for the bump.I'm looking forward to this show's return.It's part of my Patchwork of TiVo Season Passes that is desperatelytrying to compensate for the loss of Arrested Development. The horrible(funny) relationships and black humor on "It's Always Sunny..." helps fill thathole, if only a little.

i always find myself remarking on this show's particular rhythm. it's not paced like most sitcoms. it's kind of jarring in that regard. episodes just "end". things just "happen".

Rob McElhenny (Mac/Show Creator) was on FMC the other night in a 1/2-hour interview. He said that the whole show came out of laying in bed one night and thinking about a scene in which a guy goes to borrow sugar for his coffee from his neighbor and his neighbor tells him he has cancer and the whole time the guy is just thinking about how he can get himself out of there to get back to his coffee.

Kind of sums up the show. All of the characters are continually acting the most self-interested way possible.

Users who are viewing this thread