What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (7 Viewers)

The Sex doll episode might be the best ever. Love that "real" Dennis is back but would’ve loved to see how far they could’ve pushed that. 

“Oh dear, why would a woman do math? It scares me!”   :lmao:

Also chuckled at “soy-boy beta cuck” and Artemis selling her orgasm stones. 

when was the last time they used artemis previous to this week?

I liked her in the bang Frank by the dumpster days... but I feel like they haven't used her in multiple seasons

We really don't know how funny the joke is yet because we haven't seen the girl's boobs.  Can we see them?

Am I the only one that thinks they have a mortician doing the makeup on the show this season?
Ha. I was thinking the same thing looking at Dennis’ powdery face in the last episode (which I thought was as "meh" as the last all-female episode btw). 

How does Charlie day get to be in any series with his whiny, high pitched irritating voice?

He's as bad as Woody Allen.

Charlie created and produces a new show on FOX called The Cool Kids. So far, it comes across as an attempt at being a senior-citizen version of The Gang. A sanitized, unfunny version.

I hope they didn't cancel Kaitlin's show for it, that's not a fair trade-off. 

Finally watched this week's ep last nite. The fight scene was epic and I backed up and watched the first punch about 10 times. Smashing!

“Do you know how to get Russian malware out of the computer?”

”No”

”Then the computer’s broken”

Another bad episode.  Worst season i can remember.  4 episodes left to redeem themselves.  Bummer

Agreed, this season is one of the least impressive in a while.

The constant self-referencing is a bit too much this season.  The flat Boggs reboot episode, the clip show episode last night (although the two Charlie's bit was good).  While I can appreciate the occasional playing of " Never Gonna Give You Up " or " Higher Love ", when you start basing entire episodes on past episodes (I"m looking at you CharDee MacDennis 2) makes me think at season 13, new/fresh ideas are becoming harder to find.

That being said, the season has not been an entire waste as I thought last weeks episode " Gang Solves the Bathroom Problem " was solid as was the MeToo and " Gang Gets New Wheels " episodes. 

brianj74 said:
makes me think at season 13, new/fresh ideas are becoming harder to find.
Last year, Olson and Howerton had full-time work on other shows, Charlie was in a couple of movies, even McElhenney was on a couple episodes of Fargo.

I wonder if they simply lacked the time and energy needed to maintain the high standard its fans have become accustomed (if not spoiled) to.

It's not a criticism, there are only so many hours in the day. Just an observation.

Last year, Olson and Howerton had full-time work on other shows, Charlie was in a couple of movies, even McElhenney was on a couple episodes of Fargo.

I wonder if they simply lacked the time and energy needed to maintain the high standard its fans have become accustomed (if not spoiled) to.

It's not a criticism, there are only so many hours in the day. Just an observation.
Rob is also directing some big budget movie, I forget which. 

Bottom line is that FX probably pays ####. They love doing the show but have been doing it for 13 years now and are finding opportunities to make real $ somewhere else. As much as we love this show, it's a basic cable program that no one watches. 

So, in order to keep it going, they need to figure out ways to do it in even less time. The bathroom bottle episode, the all-female episode, the clip show are all ways to get episodes done with limited time or some of the cast unavailable. Remember, going into the season, we didn't even know if we were going to have Dennis at all. The key is not so much to compare it to prior seasons, you have to compare it to no show at all. That's the alternative now. 

Users who are viewing this thread