What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacobs/Drake keeper trade (1 Viewer)

Do you need the cap space for something else?  Evaluate it based on Drake plus $26 in cap space vs Jacobs.  What does that $26 get you?  Without that information it is very difficult to give a fair recommendation. 

We keep 6 in this league. I just want the best 6 keepers going into the draft. My total keeper salary WITH Jacobs would be $190.

Other keepers:

Kelce $88/2

Golladay $13/1

Woods $12/2

Sutton $14/2

Aaron Jones $2/1

In the draft I'll prob be looking to spend on a high end QB and a RB3, then mine for value the rest of the way.

We keep 6 in this league. I just want the best 6 keepers going into the draft. My total keeper salary WITH Jacobs would be $190.

Other keepers:

Kelce $88/2

Golladay $13/1

Woods $12/2

Sutton $14/2

Aaron Jones $2/1

In the draft I'll prob be looking to spend on a high end QB and a RB3, then mine for value the rest of the way.
So someone offered you a trade of Drake for Jacobs?  How many years available to keep each of those guys?  I have some reservation about Drake but that $26 cap space looks like it will be beneficial.  What are the other team's cap numbers?  It all boils down to what that additional money gets you.

Yes, I'm being offered my Drake for his Jacobs. Both have 2 years left on their contracts. Drake's walking boot and less than stellar track record have me wanting to make the move for Jacobs, but most have said that I should hang on to Drake and the salary savings. There are a lot of big names available in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of big names available in the draft.
This is all I need to know to make a decision.  Keep Drake and add $26 to your cap.  Sure he might be banged up right now, but at least it's a couple of weeks until the season starts.  You have the best TE, 3 solid WRs  and two RBs  ranked 10-13 for about 12% of your cap.  This is a great start. .  I would rather take $136 to the draft, it will give you a better chance to land one of the big names or get CEH/Taylor.   Pick up Edmonds for cheap if you can at the draft.

That said, Jacobs is good value, but Drake is much better value.

How many teams???  IMO, I am keeping Drake, better value and I see similar projections with Jacobs. 

Users who are viewing this thread