What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jags Updates (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Notes in this morning's T-U:

- Fred Taylor will work out on his own this spring, but has already slimmed down to 225.

- Jimmy Smith considered retirement but Tim Brown and Sterling Sharpe talked him out of it.

-Jags still in the mix for Arrington and have offered 11 Mil in guaranteed money, but neither side is in a hurry to budge.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._21587761.shtml

(free but registration required)

Interesting notes. I'm curious to see what is going to happen with Taylor. He could be a nice value come draft day.

- Jimmy Smith considered retirement but Tim Brown and Sterling Sharpe talked him out of it.
Perhaps Tim Brown is not the most qualified person to talk someone out of retirement. What was Fred Taylor playing at last year? I assume since he's healthier this off-season, it's allowed him to stay in shape moreso than last year.

Notes in this morning's T-U:

- Fred Taylor will work out on his own this spring, but has already slimmed down to 225.

-Jags still in the mix for Arrington and have offered 11 Mil in guaranteed money, but neither side is in a hurry to budge.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._21587761.shtml

(free but registration required)
Thanks JaxBill. As a displaced Jags fan it's nice to get the home scoop. Man I miss J-ville! :thumbup:

Perhaps Tim Brown is not the most qualified person to talk someone out of retirement. What was Fred Taylor playing at last year? I assume since he's healthier this off-season, it's allowed him to stay in shape moreso than last year.
6' 1" 234 lbs.

6' 1" 234 lbs.
Is nine pounds really that much? Taylor looked in good shape last year but he's just always banged up.

Any Reggie Williams news?  Is it time to stick a fork in him?
I haven't heard a thing. I keep waiting for the Jags to turn him into a pass-catching TE.
Ya know, I can't believe they have that freak Matt Jones ranked higher than any of the other Jags WR's. You'd think they'd convert him to the pass catching, acrobatic tighend and work in Ernest Wilford and Reggie Williams more. Doesn't make sense to me how a ex-qb would be ranked higher than those two even though he's only good for a few plays here and there. :confused:

Any Reggie Williams news?  Is it time to stick a fork in him?
I haven't heard a thing. I keep waiting for the Jags to turn him into a pass-catching TE.
Ya know, I can't believe they have that freak Matt Jones ranked higher than any of the other Jags WR's. You'd think they'd convert him to the pass catching, acrobatic tighend and work in Ernest Wilford and Reggie Williams more. Doesn't make sense to me how a ex-qb would be ranked higher than those two even though he's only good for a few plays here and there. :confused:
-I disagree. If there's a WR to convert to TE on the Jags roster it's Reggie Williams. Jones is bigger, but showed all last season that he's not a fan of contact. In fact I don't even think he's a good fit as a slot WR. With MJ you might just have to use him outside inspite of his size. Williams on the other hand seems to love contact. He's an outstanding blocker for a WR and really seems to enjoy that part of his game. -As far as Jones being the highest rated Jags WR, there're a lot of reasons that support this projection. The most important being that Jones and Leftwich really seemed to be getting on the same page before Leftwich went down. When Garrard came in he almost never even looked at Jones. If MJ and Leftwich can both stay healthy Jones could put up some very nice numbers. I expect Jimmy Smith to have more yards and catches, but Jones to score more and end up with slightly more fantasy production.

-Reguarding if it's time to stick a fork in Reggie Williams, I don't think so. The kid works his tail off. That might not sound like a good reason to keep him on your roster, but I'm telling you this kid is doing all the off season work you want out of a WR. If he's capable of being an NFL WR he is going to make it happen. He's been working out with Jimmy Smith and Smith just raves about his work ethic and potential.

Users who are viewing this thread