What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles (1 Viewer)

'Banger said:
'montanagold said:
No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.

Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:

Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.

McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TD

McClain 250 rushing 5TD
lol, 16 tds....they may not get that as a team between passing and rushing. I need to start smoking some of that montanagold...must be sweet.
see original post.... top-end and I put it out there.. to start the conversation somewhere. We may have to reevaluate the entire offense as a whole and mark everything down. I like McCluster, but.. they just lost an explosive player when they focused on trying to put more on his shoulders. Why would you do that again?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Banger said:
'montanagold said:
No doubt that Thomas Jones is the man. While McCluster is explosive he just wasn't designed to carry the load. I think McClain may get some goal line carries, but with Cassel ailing and looking rocked look for the vet Thomas Jones to have to earn his money and help solidify the the offense. I'd go out and grab Jones now.. run, don't walk. He has done the best Curtis Martin impersonation I've seen. I don't know what they have on their practice squad, but I'd say look for the Chiefs to dial up the Cowboys. My guess is Tashard might be another horse in the stable for KC and they will sign/draft RB next year.

Kind of from the gut here are my top-end initial thoughts:

Moderate TJ projections to finish with 900 Rushing and 8TD. 200 Receiving 1 TD.

McCluster 300 rushing 1TD and 400 Receiving 3TD

McClain 250 rushing 5TD
lol, 16 tds....they may not get that as a team between passing and rushing. I need to start smoking some of that montanagold...must be sweet.
see original post.... top-end and I put it out there.. to start the conversation somewhere. We may have to reevaluate the entire offense as a whole and mark everything down. I like McCluster, but.. they just lost an explosive player when they focused on trying to put more on his shoulders. Why would you do that again?
You mean... the 2 carries that Jamaal Charles had? Jamaal's injury has nothing to do with his workload. Also, KC isn't in the position to "save players" for later on in the season. If they plan on even having a chance to get a single win, they are going to have to put their best foot forward and put the ball in the hands of the players who give you the best chance to win.

'Max Maximus said:
The last RB I can remember who tore his ACL was Willis McGahee, who tore his ACL at Miami (watch the video.. it's ugly). I believe it toko him at least 2 yrs to be back to normal.Same for Welker. He tore it two years ago, was OK last year and is off to a good start this year.I tore my ACL a few months ago, it's no fun. The rehab is a longgggggggg process. At least a year a before your new ligament is back to full strength.
The wr/rb qualification makes him more valuable then TJ alone. lol

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.
if they do that ask for your entry fee back and leave the league

Wow. Nevermind fantasy football. Having that guy miss the year is just bad for the sport I love. The Chiefs are a black eye in the NFL thus far as it is. Without Charles and you have the leading contenders for Andrew Luck draft pick.
Yep, totally agree, JC was my favorite player to watch not wearing green and gold. Sad day for football fans. :(

So I had a trade that went through yesterday in my dynasty league where I traded Charles and Dallas Clark for Ingram, TB Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham and Cam Newton. I was retooling. Now the owner is going behind my back and saying there has been a precident set 5 years ago that when a player gets injured right after an injury the commish has reversed the trade. He's threatening to leave the league and take a couple memebers with him. I was not in the league then, and all but four long time members never heard of this rule. It's not even a rule. I can't believe there is a chance for this to get overruled after the trade has been processed.It should be told that the guy played both of these players in his lineup today.
if they do that ask for your entry fee back and leave the league
I gathered the rest of the league and mounted our counter attack saying we will all leave. I have the guy holding the money on my side. Commish has yet to weigh in. I can't see how the commish will allow his league to completely break up due to him failing to set proper guidelines. We are very detailed and this has never come up. He's family with the complaining party but even if he sides with them I'll take solace in knowing that I got my money back in a retooling year and that his league is in shambles. We all know eachother but it's a hazardous realtionship between most of us. No sweat if I walk.

Wow so many freaking out over this for his long term value. Didn't Jamal Lewis run for 2,000 yards after tearing his ACL ?

Welker came back within like 8 months after his.

Sure it sucks I own him in 2 dynasty leagues and yes next year he will not be right it takes 2 full years but it isn't like it is all over for this guy.

It sucks, its devastating but it isn't like he will never play again.

Just want to give credit to Joe Bryant and crew. They sent an email out today to all members of course, with news about Charles, but the same email included a list of options for Charles owners as to the best replacements to either quickly pick up or attempt to trade for. It was a very well done, detailed list, and though I am not a Charles owner myself it gave me plenty of room for thought. It's the sort of effort that you're not going to see from other FF venues until much later in the week, when it may be too late. It's this quick attention to detail and information that is the reason I suscribe to Footballguys every year.

I like McCluster, but.. they just lost an explosive player when they focused on trying to put more on his shoulders. Why would you do that again?
This sort of shallow analysis really gets on my nerves. Charles only carried half the load for KC last year and had a total of 12 carries this year before he hurt his knee. Charles didn't hurt his knee due to a heavy workload, he hurt it because he was trying to get the extra yard and he planted on it awkwardly.

I like McCluster, but.. they just lost an explosive player when they focused on trying to put more on his shoulders. Why would you do that again?
This sort of shallow analysis really gets on my nerves. Charles only carried half the load for KC last year and had a total of 12 carries this year before he hurt his knee. Charles didn't hurt his knee due to a heavy workload, he hurt it because he was trying to get the extra yard and he planted on it awkwardly.
You're over analyzing. I'm simply saying Charles isn't prototypical. They were FOCUSED on trying to put more on his shoulders.. as in more than last year, and it didn't happen. There are some players that prove the prototypical stereotype wrong and they usually make a living by finessing their way out of the trenches.. where he certainly wasn't injured. I really shouldn't have to type a book to express an opinion. I know some of you guys are whipped and upset. I am too.. NFL is losing good players early this year.BTW.. yes, McCluster in PPR with RB/WR designation is worthy.. in traditional.. I'm more bearish. That's just my honest opinion. I think coach finds the right mix at RB. Not the most explosive or most experienced or anything else. Just the right mix.It would be nicer if people could contribute to the discussion rather than cutting people down. Disappointed in the SP.

You're over analyzing.

I'm simply saying Charles isn't prototypical. They were FOCUSED on trying to put more on his shoulders.. as in more than last year, and it didn't happen. There are some players that prove the prototypical stereotype wrong and they usually make a living by finessing their way out of the trenches.. where he certainly wasn't injured. I really shouldn't have to type a book to express an opinion. I know some of you guys are whipped and upset. I am too.. NFL is losing good players early this year.BTW.. yes, McCluster in PPR with RB/WR designation is worthy.. in traditional.. I'm more bearish. That's just my honest opinion. I think coach finds the right mix at RB. Not the most explosive or most experienced or anything else. Just the right mix.

It would be nicer if people could contribute to the discussion rather than cutting people down. Disappointed in the SP.
No he wasn't. You made a dumb comment. You were called out on it.

Wow so many freaking out over this for his long term value. Didn't Jamal Lewis run for 2,000 yards after tearing his ACL ?

Sure it sucks I own him in 2 dynasty leagues and yes next year he will not be right it takes 2 full years but it isn't like it is all over for this guy.

Lewis had a completely different running style. A back with Charles' style will be the most affected. I hope he recovers back to 100% but it's more likely it'll be less than that and for a guy like Charles, the difference between 98% and 100% is huge.

You're over analyzing.

I'm simply saying Charles isn't prototypical. They were FOCUSED on trying to put more on his shoulders.. as in more than last year, and it didn't happen. There are some players that prove the prototypical stereotype wrong and they usually make a living by finessing their way out of the trenches.. where he certainly wasn't injured. I really shouldn't have to type a book to express an opinion. I know some of you guys are whipped and upset. I am too.. NFL is losing good players early this year.BTW.. yes, McCluster in PPR with RB/WR designation is worthy.. in traditional.. I'm more bearish. That's just my honest opinion. I think coach finds the right mix at RB. Not the most explosive or most experienced or anything else. Just the right mix.

It would be nicer if people could contribute to the discussion rather than cutting people down. Disappointed in the SP.
:goodposting:

You're over analyzing.

:goodposting:
Either way.. I expressed my opinion ABOUT FOOTBALL and we can break down how each other talks or types and call it dumb, but I think that's just silly.I reflected on my gut feeling and think they were torqued maybe 15% too high. I think my high end was 900 - 9TD for Thomas Jones, but I was little short on sleep and time and was thinking a full season. Well, fact is we're 2 games in. So that's still possible, but in retrospect little lower probably better for pie in the sky estimate.

So did anyone see the e-mail alert from Joe yet? What did it say about the situation and who should target?

If he tries this, ask for your money back and never look back. That's incredibly dumb.
Yep.

Lewis had a completely different running style. A back with Charles' style will be the most affected. I hope he recovers back to 100% but it's more likely it'll be less than that and for a guy like Charles, the difference between 98% and 100% is huge.
The only small RB (under 215 lbs.) who I can remember doing well after an ACL (in college) is Brian Westbrook.Here's a page that breaks down the "RB ACL 2 Year Rule".

The only small RB (under 215 lbs.) who I can remember doing well after an ACL (in college) is Brian Westbrook.Here's a page that breaks down the "RB ACL 2 Year Rule".
Your article link is a sobering reminder of how severe ACL injuries are. If JC's ACL is actually torn, he is not going to see the field until after next year, in the 2013 season; if this is the case he is a drop now and a pick up toward the end of next season, as a flier (even then his outlook isn't too rosy). Of course we'll know more when the details of his MRI are leaked.Doesn't anyone think that Thomas Jones deserves the look here; he was named the starter at the beginning of the season (even if everyone knew that wasn't true doesn't that at least mean that he was the #2 and now will be stepping up to #1?).

If JC's ACL is actually torn, he is not going to see the field until after next year, in the 2013 season;
this is bs, he will be ready for the 2012 opener save another injury.
I know what is this guy talking about, rbs come back in less then a year all the time from ACL inj.. 10 months until we even hit July. He has almost a year to rehab. It's not like it was in the offseason or end of the year.

If JC's ACL is actually torn, he is not going to see the field until after next year, in the 2013 season;
this is bs, he will be ready for the 2012 opener save another injury.
I know what is this guy talking about, rbs come back in less then a year all the time from ACL inj.. 10 months until we even hit July. He has almost a year to rehab. It's not like it was in the offseason or end of the year.
Poorly written on my part, I apologize; should instead said that he probably doesn't return to form till 2013. I personally would not count on him until I see him run hard for a few weeks in a row, when would that be; best case October 2012 - in this scenario somebody would be more willing to take a risk him than I would [overpay]. I do agree that recovery times are better, I seem to remember Kordell Stewart returning quickly, but the ligament still needs time to adhere to the bone and if he pushes his recovery he'll have a setback; I see better options.

Any insight into when he'll make the official IR list?

I've been watching the NFL Transactions page and hoping for him to be added today before waivers process tomorrow (so I can move him to the IR spot vs. drop someone else to make a claim).

Shipley went to IR yesterday and was updated pretty quickly.

Last week, the Chiefs put Berry on IR on Wednesday, but I don't know if it was a similar timeline to Charles in getting the official diagnosis/MRI on Monday. Any insight on the Chiefs' tendencies here?

Any chance Charles gets the official tag today before waivers process tonight?

Any insight into when he'll make the official IR list?

I've been watching the NFL Transactions page and hoping for him to be added today before waivers process tomorrow (so I can move him to the IR spot vs. drop someone else to make a claim).

Shipley went to IR yesterday and was updated pretty quickly.

Last week, the Chiefs put Berry on IR on Wednesday, but I don't know if it was a similar timeline to Charles in getting the official diagnosis/MRI on Monday. Any insight on the Chiefs' tendencies here?

Any chance Charles gets the official tag today before waivers process tonight?
Good question. I'm in the same situation.

Portis and someone else were in TEN recently not KC. I was surprised.

McCluster is an awesome looking RB with loads of wiggle and speed. Like Best last year, McCluster often doesn't go anywhere or accomplish anything with those qualities. He must and the Chiefs must give him a try.

There have been tons and tons of non-productive RBs with wiggle. They have to find out what McCluster can offer them.

Dante Hall had better moves so don't draw too close a comparison from this, but Dante couldn't play RB but for a screen. He would fit the whole lot of wiggle but going nowhere criteria here.

I don't see how the Chiefs can continue to wonder about McCluster. Their team and season could already be lost. He can offer excitement and maybe hopefully some promise for the future. Thomas Jones running into a brick wall is going to let the air out of this season for them.

What the heck...This is a big deal. Is it across the board that he's not listed as being on IR?
Unless there's a league/site that doesn't pull their injury status from the NFL's official list...it should be across the board. The last official activity KC had was re-signing Becht and cutting O'Connell on the 16th.

If JC has no complications with his ACL repair he should easily be back and ready for battle by training camp next season. The problem is that so many people have complications and what not. He wouldn't be the first guy with all world potential or hall of famer who lost his career because of a knee injury. They're really serious and you can be assured he's probably already flown to Alabama to see Andrews.

Users who are viewing this thread