What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Hardy tears ACL (1 Viewer)

Hoss_Cartwright

Footballguy
Headlines

Bills rookie Hardy done for '08 with torn ACL

Coach **** Jauron revealed Monday that James Hardy tore his ACL in the Bills' Week 15 loss. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

The No. 41 overall pick started three games as a rookie, but caught only nine balls for 87 yards and failed to top seventh-rounder Steve Johnson on the depth chart. He struggled to separate and understand pro concepts. Already shaky, Hardy's long-term outlook takes a big blow with this injury. The Bills will need to re-address the WR spot opposite Lee Evans in 2009. Dec. 15 - 1:39 pm et

Source: NFL.com

is he worth hanging onto over a prospect like Doucet (not knowing yet if Boldin will leave) or Andre Caldwell?

Last edited by a moderator:
is he worth hanging onto over a prospect like Doucet (not knowing yet if Boldin will leave) or Andre Caldwell?
I had Caldwell ranked pretty close to Hardy entering the season. I might favor Caldwell since he's starting to get some touches and his role could expand very soon if Housh or Ocho skips town. I have never been too high on Doucet as an FF prospect. He could move into a starting role if Boldin departs, but he hasn't made much noise this season and Breaston is now ahead of him in the pecking order.

I know very little about him aside from seeing bits and pieces of some Bills games this season. It's an encouraging sign that he's receiving meaningful playing time as a late-drafted rookie, but he hasn't looked special so far.

The people who expected much out of Hardy this season obviously didn't do their homework on the kid.

He had project written on him from the beginning.

If you're not patient you shouldn't have drafted him.

Never liked him. Too far outside the box from what top notch Wrs in the NFL look and play like. How many successful 6'6" WRs are there? Can't think of any. Plax is probably the closest comparison but he's a lot more explosive. Should teach him to block and put on 20 pounds and move him to tight end.

The people who expected much out of Hardy this season obviously didn't do their homework on the kid.He had project written on him from the beginning. If you're not patient you shouldn't have drafted him.
Now that he'll most likely miss all of the mini camps and training camp in 2009, it will only lengthen his development process.

The people who expected much out of Hardy this season obviously didn't do their homework on the kid.He had project written on him from the beginning. If you're not patient you shouldn't have drafted him.
Now that he'll most likely miss all of the mini camps and training camp in 2009, it will only lengthen his development process.
I agree with that, the people who are calling him a bust and are pissed at themselves for drafting him because he didn't produce this year are the ones that are cracking me up. If you're either of those people and you drafted him in a dynasty then you probably need to find another hobby.

I agree with that, the people who are calling him a bust and are pissed at themselves for drafting him because he didn't produce this year are the ones that are cracking me up. If you're either of those people and you drafted him in a dynasty then you probably need to find another hobby.
:mellow:

...but what about Steve Johnson?
I like him. He's shown flashes. He's not going to be a stud or anything, but I think he could be a solid WR. He seems to have pretty good hands and runs decent routes.
I like Steve Johnson. I think a lot of Bills fans have thought he was ahead of Hardy before the front office could swallow their pride and put him ahead of Hardy on the depth chart.He has looked like a very good late round choice since he came to camp.Fantasy and Dynasty wise...I don't think much of him..the Bills have extended Evans, Reed and Parrish over the last couple of seasons so he will need to really come out and blow people away to get much more increased playing time.

Good post. The interesting case to me is Earl Bennett, who like me, I think most people drafted thinking he was NFL ready and could step right in to the lineup in Chicago. He's closer to being a bust than Hardy, IMO.

:lmao:
Those calling him a bust and those that are pissed because he didn't produce this year. If any of those people drafted him in a dynasty then they did zero homework on this kid. He's a big, fast guy that had zero grooming in school. He was told to run down the sideline and go-up-and-get the ball. It worked in school, it won't work in the pros. If you drafted Hardy what he's done this season should have been your expectations. Otherwise you were setting yourself up for disappointment.His upside is huge, but he was not close to NFL-ready coming into this season.

Users who are viewing this thread