What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jared Allen (1 Viewer)

Moon

Footballguy
Just wondering if I should drop Charles Grant and pick up Allen.Grant has been a bust for me, wondering if it's time to pick up this guy and hope he stays hot??Anyone follow Allen or Grant to give an assessment??

I picked up Allen this offseason based on his solid performance last year. Vermeil benched (or at least didn't start him) week one in an attempt to light a fire under him. It looks like it worked - he's on fire, and did it this week against a solid OL. Of course, teams might start gameplanning for him since they really don't have any other DL that are as good pass rushers, so you might have to temper your expectations now that he is on other teams' radars.

Don't expect this kind of week from him week in and week out. I can see him having a few solid weeks here in a row as a result of this success though. He seems to play emotionally and that can work for and against him.

I have Allen in two leagues and he has been a solid DE performer all year. In fact, he has done a good job of getting tackles from the DE poistion. As for the wek he just had even the elite pass rushers rarely have these types of weeks so expecting another of the type is silly.

I have Allen in two leagues and he has been a solid DE performer all year.  In fact, he has done a good job of getting tackles from the DE poistion. As for the wek he just had even the elite pass rushers rarely have these types of weeks so expecting another of the type is silly.
Yes he is good and I benched him at the last second last week for Kerney. He then proceeded to score 89 points :wall: :wall: :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
in the offseason in a 16 team league i traded Freeney for Jared Allen and LJ SmithFreeney had a 2 yr contract and LJ and JA had open contracts :D

in the offseason in a 16 team league i traded Freeney for Jared Allen and LJ Smith

Freeney had a 2 yr contract and LJ and JA had open contracts :D
who made that stupid trade?(and what are you doing over here, anyway? ;0 )

He was in the dog house in training camp, but that appeared to have been a wake up call for him as he's been gang buster so far this year.

Oct 21 Steve Wine, of the Associated Press, reports Kansas City Chiefs DL Jared Allen (groin) left the Week 7 game with a groin strain.

Users who are viewing this thread