What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

Cook is not going to put these kind of numbers up consistently. Cleveland D was TERRIBLE on the TD to Cook, don't expect to see that too often.

I would check the target stats, it looked like the majority of targets went to Washington.

Instead of bickering over what Cook should do or not do, and what he was drafted for, why not look at what he is likely to do going forward? I understand the backlash that Bri is receiving but at least he is offering insight into his reasoning rather than piling on trying to shut him up or run him out of the thread because he has a a different take. I'm not sure I agree with him but I do find the info valuable. This will come as a shock to many but he's actually available on the WW in a couple of short roster leagues I compete in so "oh the horror" that he isn't on a roster right now...anyways I just think the energy would be better spent on the offense and also the fact that Hass has not been good for TEs very often in his career. Can an old dog learn new tricks? I feel like the dynasty world got a little itchy and decided to reach out and pop someone.
Cook pulled for an OL (Otto) to block in TE role

Using CTRL F in play by play, I'm counting four times Otto was put in for Cook through what amounts to about 3 Qs of play

I thought cook played bad last week against PIT. I struggled to see the sheer awesomeness of his physical skills that everyone talks about.. I did not see much separation, he dropped some passes, and would have had a very sub-par day if not for the last 2 min when the game was out of hand.

What do others think here? Is he worth rostering? Do guys like Delaney Walker or Evan Moore offer more upside than cook?

Appreciate thoughts on this..

I thought cook played bad last week against PIT. I struggled to see the sheer awesomeness of his physical skills that everyone talks about.. I did not see much separation, he dropped some passes, and would have had a very sub-par day if not for the last 2 min when the game was out of hand. What do others think here? Is he worth rostering? Do guys like Delaney Walker or Evan Moore offer more upside than cook?Appreciate thoughts on this..
Much has been said already.I like Moore. Word was that they wanted him in a Jurevicius type role, he didn't have many catches that week, and then there he was catching a TD pass. (I didn't follow him last week) Watson's been solid and productive. I don't envision Moore pushing Watson to the sideline. He's going to have to find a spot and do well as a backup this year IMO. Next year will probably be different as he looks promising and worth investing in. I've never been a fan of Delanie.I don't think these are redraft TEs to roster. I'd wait on Moore and Cook in dynasty if you have the usual space. Very good TEs are hard to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wonder what the Titans are thinking year after year when Cook has these great games, overall their offense stinks generally and they can't think of a way to get this guy involved.

Finishes 9/103/0 and 8/169/1.

Next year: Locker, Britt, CJ, Harper, Williams, Nate, Cook. Maybe it's time the Titans change their offensive philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wonder what the Titans are thinking year after year when Cook has these great games, overall their offense stinks generally and they can't think of a way to get this guy involved.Finishes 9/103/0 and 8/169/1.Next year: Locker, Britt, CJ, Harper, Williams, Nate, Cook. Maybe it's time the Titans change their offensive philosophy.
Sucks that I had to drop Cook in my dynasty league weeks ago due major RB injuries across the board in my desperation to pick up another RB off the waiver wire (he was scooped up a couple weeks after I dropped him). And of course he blows up the final few games of the season. It will be interesting to see if he keeps this up going into next season.

This guy drives me crazy. I drafted him in most of my dynasty leagues his rookie year and have held on. He does nothing most of the year and then he explodes the last few games making me optimistic for the next year and then he disappoints. Here we go again...

Yeah he showed promise the end of last year and I draft him this year and he barley does anything until week 15. I would only take a chance on him as a backup. Cook and Finley fooled me enough to not get fooled again. But definetly a late guy to draft unless someone jumps on him way too early next year based on 2-3 games.

LOL. Just picked Cook back up in my dynasty before this game. This is at least the 3rd time I've owned him, (maybe 4th). No idea if this latest burst of production will translate into 2012. Locker may latch onto him and develop chemistry. Who knows?

Also among the group that held him all year in dynasty waiting for something. Fortunately, I didn't need him for most of the year because Fred Davis emerged, but when Fred got suspended, Cook was forced to step in. I figured I was toast in the playoffs, but wow did Cook sure step up at the best time. I'm inches away from a title, and if it does work out in my favour, I owe it to Cook's performance. Hopefully he keeps it up next year, but for now I'm happy. :D

Also among the group that held him all year in dynasty waiting for something. Fortunately, I didn't need him for most of the year because Fred Davis emerged, but when Fred got suspended, Cook was forced to step in. I figured I was toast in the playoffs, but wow did Cook sure step up at the best time. I'm inches away from a title, and if it does work out in my favour, I owe it to Cook's performance. Hopefully he keeps it up next year, but for now I'm happy. :D
I wish Witten would've been suspended these past 2 weeks :kicksrock:

What a nice surprise for him to put up the TE#1 weeks right after 2 consecutive 0 weeks. Couldn't have worked out better for you.

is this a different offense, or were the last 2 weeks a function of their opponents -- jax + indy, and cook will turn back into a pumpkin this week?

he didn't do much against jax + indy earlier in the year, so maybe there's hope.

I own him in every dynasty I am in. Held him and held him.

Next year maybe we get the monster payoff.

This year he helped big time down the stretch.

Still can't believe I gave up a first for him (turned out to be 1.14).

Looks like he might finally be getting it though.

FWIW Cook is better at blocking but it's still an issue. I imagine the Titans discuss him playing WR and simply addressing the TE spot in the draft or free agency. Like everyone in FF for receiving stats, the Titans have been patient long enough for his blocking ability to develop. I think it's time for them to move forward rather than figure he's going to "get it" one day and be a good blocker.

There's just no way they enter next year with any questions about blocking after the disastrous blocking of 2011. They have a long history with little to hang their hat onto other than good blocking throughout, and I sooo can't see them leaving a stone unturned here.

Still can't believe I gave up a first for him (turned out to be 1.14).
He's as fast as any TE straight ahead, but his lateral speed is incredible. He's a horrible listener or student of the game and you can see that in most every game he plays in. Even in his best games, he's often making one handed grabs that two hands can very easily grab onto and... if he's not going to listen and learn, he'll always be limited.

Users who are viewing this thread