What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker is at it again! (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
Javon Walker is starting to complain about his salary again.

One report claimed Walker requested a trade if he doesn't get a raise from his $650,000 salary. Like Daunte Culpepper, it seems pretty foolish to make contract demands after blowing out your knee.

Feb. 25 - 12:10 pm et

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Makes sense. His QB situation is about to get a lot worse, might as well try to make $ before Rodgers damages his value too much.

might as well try to make $ before Rodgers damages his value too much.
With everything we know about the Green Bay Packers, and given the history of the player and the fact that he is injured, do you think there is an ice cream chance's in Hades that they give in to his demands?

With everything we know about the Green Bay Packers, and given the history of the player and the fact that he is injured, do you think there is an ice cream chance's in Hades that they give in to his demands?
Nope

I just wouldn't rush to a conclusion, actually GB might want to lock him up in a new contract, that is if the price is right for GB. Assuming his rehab is going fine, GB likes Walker, they were considering locking him up into a new contract, the concern prior to his injury was his agent and their asking price.

Walker was just starting to get endorsements in the GB area, then when this pay raise issue came up, those endorsements disappeared.

I definitely hope some team is willing to give up a pick for Walker, at this point I would take a # 3. The Packers aren't going to resign him, so they might as well get something for him this season. Driver/Ferguson/Murphy is not a horrible trio for next season.

I definitely hope some team is willing to give up a pick for Walker, at this point I would take a # 3. The Packers aren't going to resign him, so they might as well get something for him this season. Driver/Ferguson/Murphy is not a horrible trio for next season.
What about Chatman??? :confused:

I definitely hope some team is willing to give up a pick for Walker, at this point I would take a # 3.  The Packers aren't going to resign him, so they might as well get something for him this season.  Driver/Ferguson/Murphy is not a horrible trio for next season.
I think Chatman has done pretty well, but I have higher hopes for Murphy, assuming he comes back 100 % from injury. With Ferguson always injured, I am sure Chatman will have a prominent role once again.

Word around GB is that Ferguson has wore out his welcome in GB, he is considered an under acheiver and a bust. GB wants to check out Rod Gardner a little more after they signed him late last year, since he has shown some ability to run after the catch (something that is desired in the WCO).

Sorry no link, just things that a homer would know about the local team.

I definitely hope some team is willing to give up a pick for Walker, at this point I would take a # 3.  The Packers aren't going to resign him, so they might as well get something for him this season.  Driver/Ferguson/Murphy is not a horrible trio for next season.
I think Chatman has done pretty well, but I have higher hopes for Murphy, assuming he comes back 100 % from injury. With Ferguson always injured, I am sure Chatman will have a prominent role once again.
Murphy is a good young player, but that neck injury is still a concern that may affect his future.

The guy has a Pro Bowl year, voices that he should be paid like a Pro Bowler, Favre tells him to get into camp, he shows up and plays, and blows out his knee. I'm not a fan of hold outs, but he is a prime example of why players should.

Javon Walker is starting to complain about his salary again.

One report claimed Walker requested a trade if he doesn't get a raise from his $650,000 salary. Like Daunte Culpepper, it seems pretty foolish to make contract demands after blowing out your knee.

Feb. 25 - 12:10 pm et

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Yes. :goodposting:

A big influence why Brett Farve is considering retirement is his frustration of playing through last year, so if Walker can be resigned for a reasonable raise, GB will probably consider that. If Walker is healthy, when it is time to sign a new contract, he will probably be getting a raise. So this may not be a big issue with GB. It all comes down to what deal they can work out, and can Javon return to 100% health after his injury.Even if Brett retires, GB still needs good receivers.

A big influence why Brett Farve is considering retirement is his frustration of playing through last year, so if Walker can be resigned for a reasonable raise, GB will probably consider that. If Walker is healthy, when it is time to sign a new contract, he will probably be getting a raise. So this may not be a big issue with GB. It all comes down to what deal they can work out, and can Javon return to 100% health after his injury.Even if Brett retires, GB still needs good receivers.
Therein lies the problem. I would be irate as a Packers fan if they give him a deal before the season, or even during the season. The guy is coming off a serious knee injury and we should sign him to a long term deal?For me, WR is just not a priority thus far in our rebuilding process. There are so many holes on this team that we don't have the luxury to sign a wide receiver to big $$$$.

The guy has a Pro Bowl year, voices that he should be paid like a Pro Bowler, Favre tells him to get into camp, he shows up and plays, and blows out his knee. I'm not a fan of hold outs, but he is a prime example of why players should.
Post of the year.In fact, this should be pinned.

NFL players get used up and tossed aside very quickly....all for our personal enjoyment. Yet when one of them asks for a tiny little portion of the billions of dollars of revenue they generate, everyone labels them as selfish.

NFL players get used up and tossed aside very quickly....all for our personal enjoyment. Yet when one of them asks for a tiny little portion of the billions of dollars of revenue they generate, everyone labels them as selfish.
:goodposting: Deaf ears here boys, this conversation will happen a few dozen more times before the season starts and 95% of my fellow crackers here will not get it.

Word around GB is that Ferguson has wore out his welcome in GB, he is considered an under acheiver and a bust. GB wants to check out Rod Gardner a little more after they signed him late last year, since he has shown some ability to run after the catch (something that is desired in the WCO).

Sorry no link, just things that a homer would know about the local team.
:X Have a good time with Gardner.....I'm a Skins fan and there is a good reason his nickname around here was 50-50

:goodposting: Deaf ears here boys, this conversation will happen a few dozen more times before the season starts and 95% of my fellow crackers here will not get it.
Chad Pennington was a victim of this as well. Had surgery, rushed back too soon, now his career is up in the air. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad Pennington was a victim of this as well. Had surgery, rushed back too soon, now his career is up in the air. :no:
Not really the same .Pennington arm strenght as always been a problem, and now he injures his throwing shoulder twice.

He will never get back the arm strenght he never had to start with , so he is pretty well done.

Not really the same .Pennington arm strenght as always been a problem, and now he injures his throwing shoulder twice.

He will never get back the arm strenght he never had to start with , so he is pretty well done.
I was speaking and agree with this:
NFL players get used up and tossed aside very quickly
Which is what the Jets did.

This is an entirely different situation than one year ago. This year he is exploring the situation without making ultimatums, as he did last year. He has only one year to go on his contract rather than two which is when the Packers traditionally renegotiate with quality young players. This year the Packers have some cap room to work with, which is the exact opposite situation from last year.

I believe the Packers will renegotiate his contract. I believe the question of whether he is damaged goods will arise in the negotiation but that the Packers will not have extreme concerns about the issue. He has been rehabing in close contact with the team and is a workout warrior. The concerns may cause the contract to have a few escalator, bonus, and incentive clauses, but will be makeable for Javon.

FWIW last year I was of the belief that the Packers would stonewall him and force him back into camp or to release Rosenhaus. This year I am of the belief that this gets done. I also believe that Favre will encourage the deal this year and that he will come back to throw to Javon. Favre's entire career he has had at most one good receiver and mainly pedestrian ones. I believe that he relishes the thought of Walker, Driver, Murphy, Chatman, and Gardner as his W.R.'s with good T.E.'s and Ahman back. I believe he sees offensive potential. I think just once he wants to be at the controls of a Ferrari rather than a Ford Taurus.

Users who are viewing this thread