What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Kasay (1 Viewer)

Sleehrat

Footballguy
Mainly because I'm a Panther homer, but just days before opening day, I decided to grab Kasey off my league's waiver wire - in place of Neil Rackers. Week 1 results - very nice. 16 points from a waiver wire kicker. I think Kasey is highly underrated. Okay, I know it's just the kicker spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainly because I'm a Panther homer, but just days before opening day, I decided to grab Kasey off my league's waiver wire - in place of Neil Rackers. Week 1 results - very nice. 16 points from a waiver wire kicker. I think Kasey is highly underrated. Okay, I know it's just the kicker spot.
I've never really understood that line of thinking. Those points are just as good as any other. If you have an advantage there, well it's an advantage. The year Rackers went off, the dude that had him won my league, mostly because of the huge #s Rackers was producing, putting him over the top.

It's so bad, people can't even spell his name right.
You're right - shame on me for the error - typing too fast. I knew how to spell his name, my fingers just didn't cooperate.Not that I needed it, but it was great getting that last extra point after the Panthers had won the game with no time remaining. Seems like a pretty silly rule to require the PAT when game is over. I'm sure the Chargers just LOVED lining up for that one. I do think Kasay will get plenty of good opportunities this year, and his range is as good as ever. Opportunity is what hurt his value in past years. The Panthers have more weapons this year, especially once Steve Smith returns, so I look for him to be top 6-10 ranked kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread