What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

johnston + Kendre for 1st and 2nd? (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
12-team, 20-man, dynasty league
Q R R W W F K D (RB crazy league)
PPR, 6pts all TD's

Have been offered a 2024 first and second (and Dolphins DST) for Kendre Miller and Quentin Johnston. I just drafted them with the 1.08 and 1.11, respectively. Normally that wouldn't feel great, but some small considerations:

- Johnston has had a blurb out recently that he "has things he needs to work on" or whatever. I mean, he's a rookie. Not a big deal.
- Miller injured again, horrible ypc in preseason, for what little that's worth.
- I will have to drop Abanikanda to get a DST if I don't trade someone away
- Considering this is losing 2 players, I can also pick up Jaleel McLaughlin (okay, probably not even worth owning, but he sounds like a good lottery ticket right now)
- The other guy was the runner-up last year ... However he got rid of Jacobs, and other than Allen he is very weak for this year. FantasyPros redraft team rankings has him as 10th, out of 12.

A lot to take in there, any thoughts would be appreciated!

I keep what I got. You drafted them for reasons so let's at least give them a chance. Trading guys too quick tends to be a losing proposition

I keep what I got. You drafted them for reasons so let's at least give them a chance. Trading guys too quick tends to be a losing proposition
My only thing there is, our league banned trading picks more than a year out. So sometimes I'm fine with loading up on picks, then trading a guy immediately, since it is a way of shifting my assets forward when I can no longer do it the natural way. But, I only want to use that method if it's a good deal.

Like last year, I drafted Dotson at #20, traded him with Jordan Mason for a first that ended up being the #7 and helped me get Bijan. (Ended up getting Dotson back later in the year at what I would call a discount.)

Users who are viewing this thread