What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonathan Stewart (1 Viewer)

Starting him over Sjax in one league, benching him in favor of Jones-Drew in another. I'm sure I'll be wrong on both.

Stewart can't be 100 percent. I don't care what Carolina is saying. 4 carries in a half where you are supposed to be the workhorse back? I mean, I know we all agree that the coaching in Carolina is pathetic, but they can't possibly have forgotten what he did late last season.

I hope he gets the ball at least 12 times in the second half, but I have no reason to expect that.

I started this guy against my better judgement. I think I am done with him, if he can't produce now when will he ever produce? What a bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its come to the point where you have to question playing your guys in St. Louis. They keep locking it down at home.

I dropped him early this week for T. Heap and have been kicking myself all week as I heard that D. Williams was prob out this week. Now, I'm glad I dropped him because I prob would have started him and been mad. What happened to the panthers this year? They are terrible, they used to at least be able to run the ball.

One of the biggest mysteries in FF this year.
I don't understand what exactly the mystery is. Everyone is dumbfounded by his lack of production but it's simple. No passing game + injured O-Line = no points from JStew. Get used to it...I have. Same for DeAngelo.

Jonathan Stewart is a total farce. He is not a good RB, it's absolutely mind boggling.
Yes he is.
No he's not.
He's a good back, problem is he was playing for the panthers, against a strong rushing d...DeAngelo hasn't done well this year either... We know what both backs are capable of....
StL is not a strong rushing D. Not close.
coming into this game, the rams had been allowing 94 yards a game at home. overall they were ranked 8th in rushing defense, 6th if you just go for their home games. exceptionally strong? perhaps not, but strong.

I drafted JStew and dropped him a few weeks ago. I have DeAngelo from a trade.

Even though I knew DeAngelo wasn't playing and had a chance to pickup JStew I did not.

For reasons mentioned in my previous post, I didn't feel the JStew love this week.

My opponent did however and started him, getting 3 POINTS :lmao: :excited:

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Jonathan Stewart is a total farce. He is not a good RB, it's absolutely mind boggling.
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Sure he is. His talent has not diminished. He's not a transcendent talent like Peterson but he's better than the starting back for at least half the league. I think he's a great buy in dynasty and keeper leagues. He gets a reboot next season.
I thought this season he got a reboot?Dwill isn't going anywhere. And Stewy isn't exactly pushing him for the starting gig. Stewy has gotten a reboot every year he's been in the league and he still sucks.

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Sure he is. His talent has not diminished. He's not a transcendent talent like Peterson but he's better than the starting back for at least half the league. I think he's a great buy in dynasty and keeper leagues. He gets a reboot next season.
I thought this season he got a reboot?Dwill isn't going anywhere. And Stewy isn't exactly pushing him for the starting gig. Stewy has gotten a reboot every year he's been in the league and he still sucks.
Did Williams sign a contract extension or what are you talking about?

Anyone who has seen Stewart play prior to this season, knows how talented he is (was?). There are probably several factors influencing his number this year. Personally, I am suspect of his mental state coming off surgery on his Achilles. He might be playing soft. Also, its hard to ignore the fact that no one is respecting the CAR passing attack. Then, of course, it is possible that the offensive line just sucks this year.

The bottom line is that Stewart ran like a stud last season and he's not getting it done at all this season. When someone tells me he's "not good" I cannot argue with them much beyond saying, "I agree that he's not producing good stats this year. But I hesitate to say that he won't ever be a stud RB based on what I saw last year."

MY biggest question is: What is his dynasty value? I was hoping to trade him after a good showing today. Oddly enough DeAngelo going out might have actually hurt his value in a dynasty league since everyone just got a glimpse of a full game with DeAngelo out of the picture.... prior to today everyone pretty much thought he would be a super stud once DeAngelo was gone.

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Stewart and Felix Jones. Who is the better buy low?

I thought this season he got a reboot?

Dwill isn't going anywhere. And Stewy isn't exactly pushing him for the starting gig. Stewy has gotten a reboot every year he's been in the league and he still sucks.
Who is going to give a 28 year old RB a huge contract? The Panthers need him. He's the face of the franchise, probably their best player. If he left they'd have to draft a RB who wouldn't be as good.I've read a few articles and the consensus is that Dwill isn't going anywhere and he's worth more to the Panthers then anyone else.

Not to mention Stewy is always hurt or sucking. People who think Dwill is leaving are Stewart owners. If the Panthers were going to cut bait they would have dealt him for a 3rd/4th this year. But that never made any sense anyway.

On paper the RBs are the Panthers strength, they're not going to break it up so give them yet another weakness to address in the draft. They're a good combo and when they were last good Stewart/Dwill were running over the league. That's probably what they want to get back to.

Dwill isn't going anywhere. And Stewy isn't exactly pushing him for the starting gig. Stewy has gotten a reboot every year he's been in the league and he still sucks.
Who is going to give a 28 year old RB a huge contract? The Panthers need him. He's the face of the franchise, probably their best player. If he left they'd have to draft a RB who wouldn't be as good.I've read a few articles and the consensus is that Dwill isn't going anywhere and he's worth more to the Panthers then anyone else.

Not to mention Stewy is always hurt or sucking. People who think Dwill is leaving are Stewart owners. If the Panthers were going to cut bait they would have dealt him for a 3rd/4th this year. But that never made any sense anyway.

On paper the RBs are the Panthers strength, they're not going to break it up so give them yet another weakness to address in the draft. They're a good combo and when they were last good Stewart/Dwill were running over the league. That's probably what they want to get back to.
I kind of agree, which is another reason I've been trying to dump Stewart to the Dwill owner in my dynasty. Everyone always assumes a good RB duo will split in a trade scenario, but it rarely happens. The thing is, RBs are a dime a dozen so no owner is willing to give much in trade. Not to mention, its not looking like either one is performing like a stud this year so it would be way too risky for CAR to assume they still have two studs and get rid of one of them.

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Funny. Sounds exactly like what people were saying about Lynch in previous years and other players who never lived up to their hyped potential but still did have talent. And also, this guy is routinely ranked in the top 30 (predrafts) and in the top 10 RB (for dynasty) so him being just better than HALF the RB in the rest of the league is still falling well below expectations. This guy was supposed to be a a future stud and right now he doesn't look anything like it. In fact, I think it's fair to say he's only shown flashes of being that guy. What he has shown more of is that he is and can be a decent RB.

Sir Chadwick said:
JStew gets dropped on Wed. I've seen enough.
I may do the same. My league is a one-player keeper league and Stewart was someone I've been targeting as my 2011 keeper. But my season is in big trouble - thanks in large part to Stewart and Steven Jackson both playing like garbage this week - and I need to make moves to try and finish in the money. So holding someone who I hope might have value in 2011 but is killing me in 2010 isn't something I think I can do anymore.This was a huge swing and a miss on my part, no doubt about it. On paper, all signs pointed toward Stewart having a big game. This wasn't a difficult matchup by any stretch and it should have been a game which saw Stewart get 20+ carries. But it didn't happen. And on the carries Stewart got he looked like crap so getting some more likely wasn't going to change anything. That was just downright ugly. He does not look like the same RB who dominated at the end of last season and has flourished when given volume in the past. I can't blame it all on the offensive line or poor QB play since the latter has been a problem the past two seasons for the Panthers as well. Stewart just looks bad and he can't be trusted. A game like this is going to make the Panthers' decision to franchise Williams in the offseason a much easier one.

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Funny. Sounds exactly like what people were saying about Lynch in previous years and other players who never lived up to their hyped potential but still did have talent. And also, this guy is routinely ranked in the top 30 (predrafts) and in the top 10 RB (for dynasty) so him being just better than HALF the RB in the rest of the league is still falling well below expectations. This guy was supposed to be a a future stud and right now he doesn't look anything like it. In fact, I think it's fair to say he's only shown flashes of being that guy. What he has shown more of is that he is and can be a decent RB.
The hype on this guy is unreal. I need to dig up the thread a few weeks back where us Michael Turner dynasty owners were getting crucified for the thought of trading him for the ALMIGHTY JSTEW.

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
Stewart and Felix Jones. Who is the better buy low?
Stewart because of his body type in my opinion. He could be a special player with a decent supporting cast. Jones is probably destined to be a committee guy just because he's not built to take the abuse of 300 carries.

Warrior said:
Carolina Hustler said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
He's a good back, problem is he was playing for the panthers, against a strong rushing d...DeAngelo hasn't done well this year either... We know what both backs are capable of....
StL is not a strong rushing D. Not close.
Ranked 8th, and has played better than ranking on several occasions (at home).... That's better than 75% of the other rushing D's in the league... Not sure what you're talking about... SL D has been pretty strong this season as a whole... Maybe you haven't watched any games? Sure they aren't a top 5 D, but better than a lot of other teams in the league...

Sabertooth said:
Sigfawn said:
Sabertooth said:
Ron_Mexico said:
Yes he is.
No he's not.
I see you don't know much about Carolina, the coaching staff, the run game, the RB's, or they're previous production....

Funny thing about that statement is that D-will has sucked all year and he's hurt... lolActually, there will be a coaching change in the off season.. So, "getting back to" would depend on the new staff and what they used to do.

Users who are viewing this thread