What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon - August 1, 2016 (1 Viewer)

I dont know what the excitement is about...I dont own him...er...I mean I dont think he will stay clean, or get along with Hue, or remember how to catch after two looonnnggg seasons off. Sell now if you know what is best for you. He is the best...I mean...a bust. He is a crack addict.

Chaka said:
JuniorNB said:
@JOSH_GORDONXII 3m3 minutes ago

Priority #1 Get back in..
Priority #2 Stay in.. If you're not contributing to that, I gotta disassociate I'm sorry.. #mouthstofeed
Good sign. He knows that sometimes it's the company you keep.
That was a very positive tweet, I am glad to see that.

I wish my redraft was today and not in September which looks like it will be too late to get him for any kind of value.
I have no idea the source of his problems, but if he's willing to ditch friends that aren't good for him, that can only be seen as really, really positive.

Josh Gordon is going to come in and blow the lid off the damn thing. I dont care about the layoff. He wasnt sitting in prison like a certain dog fighter we all know. He is not a rookie either. Focused, in shape, and guided by a solid offensive mind, Gordon will finish with 85+ receptions, 1400+ yards, and 7+ tds. Take it to the bank. The only ones talking about suspensions will be the haters and they will be talking about it til he is out of the league. Maybe even after.
I can see that as his upside, sure, but it's hard not to think the layoff, new offense, and playing with a QB he has never played with before might have SOME negative impact on his numbers.
Considering that the QBs he's played with are Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer, I don't think playing with a new QB could have a negative impact on his numbers. Goff-to-Gordon would be huge.

As mentioned above... Gotta think that if Megatron does retire, Detroit would at least take a shot at landing him, no?

Josh Gordon is going to come in and blow the lid off the damn thing. I dont care about the layoff. He wasnt sitting in prison like a certain dog fighter we all know. He is not a rookie either. Focused, in shape, and guided by a solid offensive mind, Gordon will finish with 85+ receptions, 1400+ yards, and 7+ tds. Take it to the bank. The only ones talking about suspensions will be the haters and they will be talking about it til he is out of the league. Maybe even after.
I can see that as his upside, sure, but it's hard not to think the layoff, new offense, and playing with a QB he has never played with before might have SOME negative impact on his numbers.
Considering that the QBs he's played with are Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer, I don't think playing with a new QB could have a negative impact on his numbers. Goff-to-Gordon would be huge.
Agree about the QB although I wonder how much the transition from Norv's offense to Hue's will impact that equation.

Ok, Soulfly3 honesty time.

In redraft THIS season, I probably take him AFTER a brown, julio, beckham and deandre.

That's it. No one else I'd rather have.

I am a "risk taker" though. That's just how I play. Fantasy is fun, the money means nothing... It's just the fun of being right in a league w the same 11 other dudes for the past nearly 15yrs.
He went at WR30, 4.13 (16 teams) in the FBG Winter Survivor League.

In redraft THIS season, I probably take him AFTER a brown, julio, beckham and deandre.

I am a "risk taker" though. That's just how I play. Fantasy is fun, the money means nothing... It's just the fun of being right in a league w the same 11 other dudes for the past nearly 15yrs.
:soulfly: 16 haters :soulfly:

As mentioned above... Gotta think that if Megatron does retire, Detroit would at least take a shot at landing him, no?
Meh, why would Cleveland even listen? They stuck with him this long, his Instagram game is TIGHT, and Johnny Broball is making everyone else look like a choir boy. Why trade him now? Same attitude as dynasty owners, if you have held this long, may as well see if he can get reinstated, and score 9 TDs per game next year.

Dynasty league, pick 4 or Gordon?

If your answer is pick 4, who are your top 4-5 rookies?
There are probably only 4 or 5 receivers I would want over Gordon, period. Brown, OBJ, Julio, Green. I'm not sure I go beyond that before taking Gordon.

I take Gordon over that rookie pick easily.

There are probably only 4 or 5 receivers I would want over Gordon, period. Brown, OBJ, Julio, Green. I'm not sure I go beyond that before taking Gordon.

You're telling me that in a dynasty startup, you'd take Gordon over Amari Cooper? Randall Cobb? DeAndre freakin' Hopkins?

^o^ hawkscreech ^o^

You're telling me that in a dynasty startup, you'd take Gordon over Amari Cooper? Randall Cobb? DeAndre freakin' Hopkins?

^o^ hawkscreech ^o^
tough, absolutely yes, and no.

Gordon is top 5-6 for me as well.

^o^ hawkscreech ^o^
tough, absolutely yes, and no.

Gordon is top 5-6 for me as well.
Gorden over Cooper might be possible from a talent perspective, but not from an expected future value perspective. Gordon hasn't even been reinstated, and has a moderate-to-high probability of screwing up again in the future.

What do you think his NFL trade value is?....if CLE wants to (but isn't desparate to)move him.....think a team could get him with a 4th?

What do you think his NFL trade value is?....if CLE wants to (but isn't desparate to)move him.....think a team could get him with a 4th?
His salary is cheap and he can be kept as a RFA for cheap in 2017.

On paper he looks easily worth a 4th for his potential production but doubtful that anyone wants to deal with the headache.

Was surprised when the Browns fan in the league finally cut Gordon this season. I scooped him up for free and stashed him on the bench for next year.

No real idea about projecting him. He could be a top-3 WR or he could be a bust. I like the talent, but being out of the game a couple of years may hurt.

My other WRs are Calvin, Amari, Demaryius, DeVonte Parker, DGB, Diggs, and Keenan Allen, so it'd be great if he produces but no big loss if he doesn't.

Hey, look on the bright side! He just went off the board at WR23 (3.08) for the clearly-more-enlightened group participating in WSL2.

Full disclosure: that's only because I didn't have the stones to grab him at 3.07. Thought about it, though.

Hey, look on the bright side! He just went off the board at WR23 (3.08) for the clearly-more-enlightened group participating in WSL2.

Full disclosure: that's only because I didn't have the stones to grab him at 3.07. Thought about it, though.
Just got him at 5.05 in a dynasty startup (12 team PPR). Would've taken him earlier if I felt like I needed to.

^o^ hawkscreech ^o^
After reading the coaches thoughts, he's destined for either another suspension or knee injury.

Based on what?

Goodell acknowledged that the league received Gordon’s letter asking for re-instatement, but also added “...where he is and where he's been, but most importantly, where he is going,’’ Goodell said. "When these things happen, it's about trying to avoid them in the future. Our number one issue here is to prevent these things from happening.

"I'm hopeful that Josh understands that he's going to have to conduct himself differently going forward to be a member of the NFL and to be representing the Cleveland Browns or any other team in the NFL."
If he's "hopeful" that means he's not "confident" and I wouldn't expect him to reinstate someone he doesn't believe gets it. So he either isn't sold or hasn't gotten enough info. Is an interview with Gordon part of the process? Has that happened? Or do we just have a written appeal filed so far.

Based on what?

Goodell acknowledged that the league received Gordon’s letter asking for re-instatement, but also added “...where he is and where he's been, but most importantly, where he is going,’’ Goodell said. "When these things happen, it's about trying to avoid them in the future. Our number one issue here is to prevent these things from happening.

"I'm hopeful that Josh understands that he's going to have to conduct himself differently going forward to be a member of the NFL and to be representing the Cleveland Browns or any other team in the NFL."
If he's "hopeful" that means he's not "confident" and I wouldn't expect him to reinstate someone he doesn't believe gets it. So he either isn't sold or hasn't gotten enough info. Is an interview with Gordon part of the process? Has that happened? Or do we just have a written appeal filed so far.
That would be the dumbest thing ever. Goodell can't not reinstate him if he has done everything asked of him since his last offense. Goodell can't say I think you will have a relapse or another incident that hasn't happened yet. If he did I am sure Gordon would appeal it and the NFLPA/courts would have another field day with a Goodell suspension and make him look like an idiot again.

Based on what?

That would be the dumbest thing ever. Goodell can't not reinstate him if he has done everything asked of him since his last offense. Goodell can't say I think you will have a relapse or another incident that hasn't happened yet. If he did I am sure Gordon would appeal it and the NFLPA/courts would have another field day with a Goodell suspension and make him look like an idiot again.
That's exactly the point. We don't know if he has. Or if he hasn't. We don't know anything yet, because they haven't announced anything yet. I doubt a decision has been been made or that he's reviewed the details of Gordon's appeal. They are focusing on the Super Bowl right now, not the impact Gordon would have on some donkey's FF team.

Based on what?

Goodell acknowledged that the league received Gordons letter asking for re-instatement, but also added ...where he is and where he's been, but most importantly, where he is going, Goodell said. "When these things happen, it's about trying to avoid them in the future. Our number one issue here is to prevent these things from happening.

That's exactly the point. We don't know if he has. Or if he hasn't. We don't know anything yet, because they haven't announced anything yet. I doubt a decision has been been made or that he's reviewed the details of Gordon's appeal. They are focusing on the Super Bowl right now, not the impact Gordon would have on some donkey's FF team.
This seems like a last ditch effort attempt to cast uncertainty and doubt on a situation that is clearly trending in Gordon's favor. Unfortunately nobody in the forum shares this wishful sentiment.

What will the Browns do with him if/when he's reinstated? Organizationally, they have to be moving away from players like Gordon as a philosophy at this point.

What will the Browns do with him if/when he's reinstated? Organizationally, they have to be moving away from players like Gordon as a philosophy at this point.
Not hard to figure out. He will play for cleveland.

Barring a heck of a trade offer from someone that is

Everyone loves a redemption story, it's why we love to tear down people with celebrity. Considering the NFL and Gordon's camp has never been able to keep his #### ups out of the media (therefore why would that start now?) I am going to say that he is clearly trending in the direction of redemption and I think he will definitely be playing for the Browns next season.

However I have to imagine that he will have a shorter leash with Cleveland than most other franchises at the moment. Of course if he is tearing it up on the field that leash will become much longer.

Based on what?

Goodell acknowledged that the league received Gordons letter asking for re-instatement, but also added ...where he is and where he's been, but most importantly, where he is going, Goodell said. "When these things happen, it's about trying to avoid them in the future. Our number one issue here is to prevent these things from happening.

This seems like a last ditch effort attempt to cast uncertainty and doubt on a situation that is clearly trending in Gordon's favor. Unfortunately nobody in the forum shares this wishful sentiment.
Uncertainty is all there is. How is it trending in any direction? There's no info at all.

Users who are viewing this thread