What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon - August 1, 2016 (2 Viewers)

No, I meant August.

Like... I really, really mean August. Don't say I didn't warn ya
And I meant November.

Like . . . I really, really mean November. And don't say I didn't warn you.

A snail moves faster than the NFL front office does.

IMO, if they really wanted Gordon reinstated on 8/1, they would have just kept their mouths shut and reinstated him on 8/1 and not leaked anything about dilute. But they didn't.

SCHEFTER is the one that came out saying the league wants a clean sample and Gordon COULD be reinstated on 8/1. But even he said the NFL was open to have Gordon REAPPLY FOR REINSTATEMENT on 8/1 if he had no failed samples between now and then. In my book, reapplying on 8/1 DOES NOT equate to getting reinstated on 8/1.

Personally, I am not 100% convinced he won't have any issues between now and then (and who knows what his samples will look like by then).

Gotta say that I'm pretty surprised he was reinstated, let alone reinstated before August 1st.  As a Josh Gordon owner, I really hope he keeps himself out of trouble.  Also hoping that he shows the type of production he had his rookie year and not his second stint.  Training camp should help with that.

Browns coach Hue Jackson told reporters Monday that suspended WR Josh Gordon "will be the first to tell you he needs to lose weight."
Gordon is suspended for the first four games, currently dealing with a quadriceps pull, and needs to get in better shape. The muscle issue in his leg reduces Gordon's ability to get conditioned. While the prospect of Gordon returning has much of the fantasy community excited, keep in mind he didn't play particularly well the last time we saw him (2014) and needs to get his body back used to the rigors of football. He should be approached with caution in fantasy drafts, not drafted aggressively.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter 
Aug 8 - 5:34 PM

I'm pretty surprised that he is overweight.  I expected him to need to have to get into football shape, but I surely thought his weight wouldnt be an issue.  I got the impression he was a "workout warrior" during this time.

Look, I'm not here to pile on but this surprises me. He has four regular season weeks to get in shape once he heals. Not alarming just noteworthy. What has he been doing with his time? What happened to the videos?

I'm glad I laid off Gordon this year.

He will be back week 5 but will be used mostly as a decoy for Coleman and all the rest of the guys that Hue Jackson drafted and is totally invested in.

Anyone drafting Gordon expecting the 2013 version will be disappointed for most of the year.

I'm sure there will good weeks for him, but not enough to warrant where he's going in drafts right now (6th).

So...busted at least once ~every year for six years, injured, overweight and hasn't played for two years?  Where do I sign up?
All kidding aside:  This.  A thousand times this.  

He's been working out, getting everything sorted out, and comes in with a quad injury, and overweight?  OK then.  

Appreciate Flash getting me a title in 2013. That was a long time ago.

Gonna pass unless he falls to the 9th (which seems unlikely.)

Kevrunner said:
I'm pretty surprised that he is overweight.  I expected him to need to have to get into football shape, but I surely thought his weight wouldnt be an issue.  I got the impression he was a "workout warrior" during this time.
That's probably because you listened to SoulFly. Obviously he had no clue what he was talking about. But in his defense, it is all schtick at this point, so.....

Users who are viewing this thread