What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Morgan vs Seattle, week 8 sleeper? (1 Viewer)

drew726

Footballguy
Took the starting job from Bryant Johnson last week and posted good numbers. He had 9 targets last week against a tough Giants Def while Isaac Bruce and Arnaz Battle only got 5 targets. Niners have beaten the Seahawks the past 3 times they played so I think they're going to score at least 27 on them. I got Greg Jennings on bye and I'm rolling the dice with him this week. Anyone else playing him as well?

Don't forget SF is at home too. I am starting both JTO and Morgan. Been waiting for him to get the starting gig since teh preseason. He has great chemistry with JTO. Oh and I'm starting him over T.O. (Brad Johnson should not be in the NFL...he should be doing Ensure commercials)

I like Morgan, but I feel like he's one of those guys that will make you pull your hairout. He's going to put up good numbers and then lay an egg the next...simply because Battle, Bruce, Gore, or Davis could be the guy any given week. Reminds me a lot of Lee Evans for the past few years prior to this year. Start him and he sucks, sit him and he blows up. Good luck.

I like Morgan, but I feel like he's one of those guys that will make you pull your hairout. He's going to put up good numbers and then lay an egg the next...simply because Battle, Bruce, Gore, or Davis could be the guy any given week. Reminds me a lot of Lee Evans for the past few years prior to this year. Start him and he sucks, sit him and he blows up. Good luck.
Not sure how he can remind you of Evans when Morgan has only started one game. The SF offense is very different from Buffalo offense also.That being said, my concern has to do with coaching change. Morgan had taken over starting gig under Nolan--will he keep with Singletary? If he does then I am confident he will put up good numbers much as McDonald and Furrey did in Martz' offense in Detroit--only Morgan is better than those two players.

Singletary said there won't be any roster changes. This was when Morgan climbed up the depth charts after Sunday's game. Anyways, I think Bryant Johnson is still hurting from his hamstring injury.

How would you have any idea how consistent he will be at this point? Battle is a borderline NFL player, Bruce is about to turn 36 years old and depending a lot on TDs for his fantasy points so far. Gore is a stud, but I am not sure how that would detract from Morgans' potential consistentcy. It should help it actually.

Just a guess but I'd bet the offense focuses more on the run with Singletary as head coach. Gore has seen 20+ carries in only one game this season. That's bound to change. Not that Morgan can't still put up decent numbers but I would be suprised if any WR on San Fran is consistent.

Not sure how he can remind you of Evans when Morgan has only started one game. The SF offense is very different from Buffalo offense also.That being said, my concern has to do with coaching change. Morgan had taken over starting gig under Nolan--will he keep with Singletary? If he does then I am confident he will put up good numbers much as McDonald and Furrey did in Martz' offense in Detroit--only Morgan is better than those two players.
he reminds me of Evans in that I think his production will be similar to his as far as extreme highs and lows with not much consistency.

Just a guess but I'd bet the offense focuses more on the run with Singletary as head coach. Gore has seen 20+ carries in only one game this season. That's bound to change. Not that Morgan can't still put up decent numbers but I would be suprised if any WR on San Fran is consistent.
I could be wrong but I'd bet Martz will be left alone to coach the Offense how he sees fit .....I mean he's still the OC and the offense has been better than it has been in years thanks to Mad Martz.

If preseason chemistry counts for anything, Morgan will be a nice play this week and beyond.

JTO gets the ball to him a lot.

He's going to put up good numbers and then lay an egg the next.
This is no different than Owens these days. In fact, Owens hasn't had a good game for a month almost every non-elite but starting quality fantasy WR.
Fixed. WR is a volatile position. There's no use crying about it. Plug in as many good ones as you can into your lineup and ride the wave week to week.

he reminds me of Evans in that I think his production will be similar to his as far as extreme highs and lows with not much consistency.
Maybe...but all WR's are prone to inconsistency. Although there is little to go on all the evidence points to Morgan beating expectations. Morgan shined in the preseason when he was given the chance to start. He showed what he could do last week and has now earned the starting spot. Martz has already professed his love of Morgan and SF's pass schedule loos like cake from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if he lead all SF WR's in the 2nd half of the season as I think Bruce's rise was due in large part to Bryant Johnsons' fall. Plain and simple I want the #1 WR in a Martz offense and based on JTO's chemistry with Morgan I expect him to be the #1 and Bruce to be the #1b/#2 like he was in STL with Holt. These are just hunches and opinions mind you but he has a LOT going for him right now and TONS of upside.

I could be wrong but I'd bet Martz will be left alone to coach the Offense how he sees fit .....I mean he's still the OC and the offense has been better than it has been in years thanks to Mad Martz.
It's certainly been better than anything since Turner left, but I'm still not a big Martz fan, nor do I have any particular confidence in his ability to stay with one team for any length of time.

Pretty sure they're going to focus on exploiting the weaknesses of the defense they're playing, and Seattle's pass D is awful. In the first matchup at Seattle, Isaac Bruce lit them up. They've only gotten worse since then.

Seattle is 29th against the pass, allowing more passing yards per game than DENVER - Singletary already said hes not going to change Martz's pass happy offense, if Morgan had 10 targets for 89/1 against a stout giants D, he should be a strong WR3 at home against the miserable hawks. I think he makes a smart bye week replacement in deep leagues.

I picked him up and am considering starting him over Ocho Stinko and Holt.

I also think Walter may make a good play if Davis misses this game with his injury.

I'm planning to start Morgan over Cotchery if Cotchery is out (currently said to be a GTD). If Cotchery plays, I'll probably start Morgan over Holt.

2nd half of the season steal. Guy just wasn't healthy the first part of the season. Have you seen the balance of SF's schedule? I don't have room on my roster for this guy, but I am going to make room for him.

Eddie Royal to the first half of the season = Morgan and Avery to the 2nd half. Who says rookie WRs cant make an impact.

Please change the title of the thread to the *** Official Josh Morgan Bandwagon***. I'm all in.

I have Morgan but would you start him over Welker in a 1 PPR league? I am also toying with putting SJax on the bench this week with that bad quad and a wet field in NE and moving CJ3 to my #2 RB spot from the flex and putting Morgan in at the flex. I don't have a good feeling about SJax but Morgan should have a really good game this weekend.

zero catches today...this would be the extreme low. Next game you'll sit him and he'll go for 130 and 2 tds. Good luck

Someone told me a 49er cheerleader gave Davis the middle finger when he was going to the locker room and its on You-Tube..been searching but can't find it.

ooops my bad correct team..but wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started him over Cotchery since he was the dreaded gtd and I wasn't going to be able to check things prior to kickoff. Cost me any shot at a win this week. :goodposting:

Someone told me a 49er cheerleader gave Davis the middle finger when he was going to the locker room and its on You-Tube..been searching but can't find it.ooops my bad correct team..but wrong thread.
That bird was about the only flying thing he caught all game.

With all the talk of Boldin seeing "limited reps", I started him over Q.

Didn't cost me the win, but did cost me a new league scoring record.

I saw only a little bit of the early part of the game, enough to see Morgan drop a ball. Did he get yanked after that?

I saw only a little bit of the early part of the game, enough to see Morgan drop a ball. Did he get yanked after that?
They threw to him in the end zone at the 10:05 mark of the 4thQ. It was a bad pass and could've easily been picked and taken back the other way.ETA: those appear to be his only two targets the whole game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread