What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just realized this NFC North is truly loaded with talent (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
NFC North has the best QB, best RB, and Best WR in the NFL right now. And last year they had the best defense too.

That may be true, but overall there are some divisions that have more teams with more overall talent and depth than the NFC North teams, so they are stronger contenders for the title.

The NFC West immediately comes to mind.

The NFC North may be one of the stronger divisions this year.

Not sure where this is going?

I just realized how colorful the NFC North is. Purple, Hawaiian Blue, Dark Blue, Green, Yellow.

Not sure why this matters, but I wanted to join in the sharing.

Best players might mean best division. I think the NFC West is overrated. They were good last year but got very lucky with injuries.

NFC North is the toughest division in football. The Vikings are the best "worst team in the division" in football, would likely be no worse than the 3rd best team in every other division.

NFC North is the toughest division in football. The Vikings are the best "worst team in the division" in football, would likely be no worse than the 3rd best team in every other division.
I am a packer fan, so I would love to agree, but you can turn that statement around and say the same thing about both Arizona and St Louis (if they were in a different division).

I really have trouble seeing Minnesota being guaranteed to finish third in the NFC West. It may happen, but it would definitely be a struggle.

Personally, I see the NFL West as the toughest division in the NFL (just my opinion).

Why argue a subjective statement?

deep thoughts.........by jack handy
There will be a lot of 20 year olds on this board that have no clue what you are talking about with this one! Man we are old!
:goodposting:

As to Saberdoods premise.

The NFC North has some of the best skill position players. Rodgers, AD, Mega, Brandon Marshall. Why do you think the Bears sold the farm to get Cutler in the 1st place? They had a great defense and even made it to a title game without that good of a QB, yet they did it anyways.

The reason the Bears did this is because they (like the rest of the NFC North) realized that good defense was not enough to compete with these super stars, so they made the move for Cutler because they know that to win in the NFC you had better be able to score points. Like 30 points if you want any chance to win in this division.

Along similar lines the Lions drafted 1st round WR 3 years in a row. Seems bad right? But from their perspective I think they said to themselves, we are going to be behind in this division. We need dominant WR so we can be in a position to catch up and built their team accordingly.

The NFC North plays the AFC North this season. The AFC had better be ready to put some points on the board if they want to win some of these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Vikes fan, but I don't think they are objectively the worst team in the division. Maybe for FF except AP, but IMO the NFC North is, for real football...Packers

Vikes/Bears/Lions

I'm a Vikes fan, but I don't think they are objectively the worst team in the division. Maybe for FF except AP, but IMO the NFC North is, for real football...Packers

Vikes/Bears/Lions
The Vikings over/under win projection according to Vegas is 7.5. Compare to 8 for the Lions and 8.5 for the Bears. The packers are at 10.5.

It's at least pretty close between the Vikings, Lions, and Bears, any of those teams could make the playoffs and it wouldn't be too surprising. Personally I think the Lions are overrated but based on talent alone they look pretty decent. I'm not a believer in their coaching -- their coach seems like a huge hothead, pretty much the opposite of what you're looking for.

Vikes/Bears/Lions
The Vikings over/under win projection according to Vegas is 7.5. Compare to 8 for the Lions and 8.5 for the Bears. The packers are at 10.5.It's at least pretty close between the Vikings, Lions, and Bears, any of those teams could make the playoffs and it wouldn't be too surprising. Personally I think the Lions are overrated but based on talent alone they look pretty decent. I'm not a believer in their coaching -- their coach seems like a huge hothead, pretty much the opposite of what you're looking for.
The win projections prove my point. Lions, Bears Vikes separated by 1 game total, but 2-3 games behind Green Bay.

I will take brees over Rodgers and the nfc south this year over the north for best division top to bottom.

Best QB in the NFL is up for debate.

The Vikings made the playoffs last year, dude.

This is what I think is beautiful about the NFC and AFC North playing each other this season, in order of their recent playoff appearances.

Ravens

Packers

Bengals

Vikings

Bears

Steelers

Browns

Lions

The Browns are going to be a very good team this season.

In the NFC North defenses have been geared towards trying to stop the explosive passing games of the Packers and Lions. The Bears tried to join them and with Trestman in charge the offense is so much better than what meathead tried to do they are going to be a force. They can stuff passing teams with their defense and the new LB are playing well. The Bears are going to be better than last season and they were right there to make the playoffs last season. The Vikings tried to join this with Brett Favre but for the most part have gone the other direction. Run the ball play defense and special teams and try to not let those other teams have many plays. I think the Ravens, Browns and Steelers will try to do the same thing. The Steelers do have 2 (hopefully) good prospects coming back at Center and Guard that should be an improvement to their running game.

Should be a very entertaining season!

Users who are viewing this thread