What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Herbert owners. W16 What are your plans? (1 Viewer)

I'm tired of trying to dissect information about a bunch of QBs none of us want to be starting.
Yep. Years ago I made my championship despite losing Gronk during the fantasy playoffs, and had to pick up a TE streamer in a 16-team league. It was all replacement-level scrubs (I think Marcedes Lewis was one of my options, which should give you an idea of what I was dealing with). At a certain point I realized that I should stop stressing about it; there was no way I could possibly predict which of my options would have a good game. I should just pick one and be at peace with my decision.

I'm tired of trying to dissect information about a bunch of QBs none of us want to be starting.
Yep. Years ago I made my championship despite losing Gronk during the fantasy playoffs, and had to pick up a TE streamer in a 16-team league. It was all replacement-level scrubs (I think Marcedes Lewis was one of my options, which should give you an idea of what I was dealing with). At a certain point I realized that I should stop stressing about it; there was no way I could possibly predict which of my options would have a good game. I should just pick one and be at peace with my decision.
I wish I could get there. I’m better than I used to be but it’s tough. At least with Saturday games I’ll know a day sooner that I messed up. (Unless I make a change Sat right before kickoff) so I can over analyze another day

I wish I could get there. I’m better than I used to be but it’s tough. At least with Saturday games I’ll know a day sooner that I messed up. (Unless I make a change Sat right before kickoff) so I can over analyze another day
There's your mistake right there. Never make a change right before kickoff. Whenever I've done that, not only has it usually blown up in my face, but I feel a million times worse because I did it at the last minute. If it's 12:45 and you're still agonizing over a decision, just tell yourself the decision has already been made and it's too late to change

I'm starting to waver on the Flacco vs. Browning decision. First of all, it was the matchup that scared me off Browning, but the Bears' pass D has improved a lot in the past few weeks, so Flacco hardly has a cakewalk.

The other thing is that I'm a heavy underdog (14 pts) against the No. 1 seed, and I'm forced to roll out Tee Higgins as my WR3. Should I go with a Cinci stack to increase my variability/upside?

As a Herbert owner in one league I can advise my plan is to lament drafting him this year as I did not make the playoffs. can't imagine many did...
??? I mean he was stellar this year. I had the #1 seed and bye locked up by week 11 thanks to him. Definitely looking forward to getting him again next year with a better HC.

I'm starting to waver on the Flacco vs. Browning decision. First of all, it was the matchup that scared me off Browning, but the Bears' pass D has improved a lot in the past few weeks, so Flacco hardly has a cakewalk.

The other thing is that I'm a heavy underdog (14 pts) against the No. 1 seed, and I'm forced to roll out Tee Higgins as my WR3. Should I go with a Cinci stack to increase my variability/upside?
DK lines has Mullins and Browning around 242.5 passing yards. Mullins has better odds at 2 TDs than Browning.

Flacco is around 218.5 passing

Yes

Now gulp considering Mullins over Browning.

My opponent has Jefferson and Chandler. Mullins at least throws deep. Better matchup too.

To those going with Browning who are you playing him instead.

Did any of us survive the first round of playoffs? Squeaked by with Browning.

Don’t think I’ll roll with him vs Tomlin a second time now with no Chase.

Leaning Mullens at home vs. Detroit but not sure. I don’t have any options.

Yes. Flacco helped me out to a win. Two-QB league and he outscored my #1, Dak, by 3x.
I was able to pick up Mullens and am seriously considering him this week.

I dont own Herbert but my QB situation is bleak, Been starting Howell but hes been terrible last two weeks and now faces tough NYJ defense so no thanks. I also have Geno Smith who has a great matchup IF he plays. If Geno doesnt play, I am also thinking of picking up Mullens and dropping Howell.

Made the right call starting Browning, who narrowly outscored the other options I was considering (Flacco, Mullens). But I got McCaffrey'd and lost by 8 despite putting up the league's second-highest total

Nope. Had Herbert in two leagues.

In one I picked up Baker and he did very well, but Bijan and Kincaid made sure I had a Round 1 exit.

In the other I started Carr and he did fairly well too, but my opponent had LaPorta, Raiders D, and James Cook so wouldn't have mattered what I did.

Started Browning this week and won. Going to try and get Flacco for this week. Just a bad feeling about Browning playing Pitt.

Leaning Mullens this week. You playing Flacco over Mullens?

Yeah Tomlin vs Browning part two with more film, no Chase, plus Browning’s Super Bowl last week yelling ‘you never should have cut me’. Secondary in Pitt is banged up or suspended but still TJ Watt motor.
Started Browning this week and won. Going to try and get Flacco for this week. Just a bad feeling about Browning playing Pitt.

MoP Jr wheeled out Fields this weekend and won despite a very low point total
Looking at boring old Joe Flacco vs the Houston Texans, a 20-25 point performance would be terrific
AOC-Minshew-Stick, unreliable and Flacco is doing well int he Browns' system, allowing both the skill guys to help and keeping that Defense optimistic their efforts will be rewarded.

I like Flacco early in the week, that could change by the weekend.

Looking at boring old Joe Flacco vs the Houston Texans, a 20-25 point performance would be terrific
AOC-Minshew-Stick, unreliable and Flacco is doing well int he Browns' system, allowing both the skill guys to help and keeping that Defense optimistic their efforts will be rewarded.

Currently leaning Mullens over Flacco. I feel gross.

Not a Herbert owner, but I'm in need

Had Stroud and a bye, figured he'd be back.

Now I'm looking at

Mullins vs DET
Wilson vs NE
Carr @ LAR

Currently leaning Mullens over Flacco. I feel gross.

This is the way

Users who are viewing this thread