What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (4 Viewers)

Like 20 people have asked him to do and he continues with the same nonsense responses to them?  You can police karma or sho for all I care but I'm good and don't need your help
Yeah, just like that.  

This place would be a lot better if we just ignored the people we have grown to not be able to have a fruitful conversation with.    :2cents:  Took me awhile to get there with SC and others.  

The Biden administration is putting every American border agent, every detention worker, every immigrant, etc etc, at risk of covid and death due to their weakness on immigration. He will be responsible for a super spreading event and the deaths that will accompany it.
Care to unpack how he is putting all these people at risk and what this supposed weakness or policy is that is doing so?

For others in the "come here legally" crowd....do you support legislation that would fund the consideration of any person to come here by legal means?
Why should we fund it? I guess I need to know more. If we have open borders with Mexico, absolutely no.  

Why should we fund it? I guess I need to know more. If we have open borders with Mexico, absolutely no.  
We don't have open borders.  Biden is not proposing any open borders.  And about the only person on this board who is for open borders is Tim (I believe).

Because our borders are our responsibility not anyone else's?  Your "if" here is completely irrelevant to my question.  My question is set in the assumption that we have a border and policy/process/procedure to get across it legally.  The crux of my question is around scope.  Are we willing to increase scope to all people from all countries if we force them through an efficient and fair immigration process/procedure?  

But does not fix the underlying problem.  These people are still coming here.  There is a reason people are still coming here and have been for many many years.

Park's closed, Moose out front should have told you...isn't going to stop the underlying cause or the problem.
Well first...I was glad you correctly pointed out to Blade that a bus to India was not feasible.  

Secondly.  We can't fix the underlying problem nor should we.  It's not entirely America's fault these countries are in the state they are in and their residents want to leave.   That will never be fixed.  So thinking that we can is just---well---dumb.
That's like saying why do we have locks on our doors??? Just fix the problem of people wanting to steal from you and you won't need locks.  I know not the first time that analogy has been brought up but when you continue to hammer away on a ridiculous notion that we can some how fix the problem of migrants, then you get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep.  a bunch. to cherry pick a few countries & say it's our fault & we owe them is insane.
Tim has been consistent with his position that America can pay it's way to success

Reparations

Complete Student Loan Forgiveness

Universal Basic Income

Foreign country reparations.

We don't have open borders.  Biden is not proposing any open borders.  And about the only person on this board who is for open borders is Tim (I believe).
It’s basically open borders right now.  Ok, how about we tighten the borders, then talk about financing?

Because our borders are our responsibility not anyone else's?  Your "if" here is completely irrelevant to my question.  My question is set in the assumption that we have a border and policy/process/procedure to get across it legally.  The crux of my question is around scope.  Are we willing to increase scope to all people from all countries if we force them through an efficient and fair immigration process/procedure?  
Do you think they are more important than tent cities?  A lot of those people are veterans.  I am missing the phenomenon of letting everyone in who wants in.

Do you think they are more important than tent cities?  A lot of those people are veterans.  I am missing the phenomenon of letting everyone in who wants in.
I don't think it's an "either/or" scenario if I'm being honest.  There's no reason we can't address both.  And I am far from "let everyone in who wants in".  I'm just trying to understand where the "come here legally" guys are drawing their arbitrary line.  Reality is, there are some people in this world who should be allowed to come here for security/safety that have ZERO "legal" way of doing it.  I think that's a problem.

I don't think it's an "either/or" scenario if I'm being honest.  There's no reason we can't address both.  And I am far from "let everyone in who wants in".  I'm just trying to understand where the "come here legally" guys are drawing their arbitrary line.  Reality is, there are some people in this world who should be allowed to come here for security/safety that have ZERO "legal" way of doing it.  I think that's a problem.
I agree, that is a problem.  My line is people who want to come in and can contribute - go thru the proper channels to gain citizenship.  If they don’t want to, they can’t come in. 

I agree, that is a problem.  My line is people who want to come in and can contribute - go thru the proper channels to gain citizenship.  If they don’t want to, they can’t come in. 
This is generally my position to.  I just want to see this allowance to be unlimited in terms of country of origin.  Anyone from any country who meets the standard be allowed to apply and then we have plenty of personnel on the border to process those requests.  

Well first...I was glad you correctly pointed out to Blade that a bus to India was not feasible.  

Secondly.  We can't fix the underlying problem nor should we.  It's not entirely America's fault these countries are in the state they are in and their residents want to leave.   That will never be fixed.  So thinking that we can is just---well---dumb.
That's like saying why do we have locks on our doors??? Just fix the problem of people wanting to steal from you and you won't need locks.  I know not the first time that analogy has been brought up but when you continue to hammer away on a ridiculous notion that we can some how fix the problem of migrants, then you get that.
If we don't attempt to ever alleviate the underlying problem...people will still flock here in droves.  And the problem never ends.

Im not saying don't take security measures at the border as well.  It is not a one option solution.  Like say...a wall.

If we don't attempt to ever alleviate the underlying problem...people will still flock here in droves.  And the problem never ends.

Im not saying don't take security measures at the border as well.  It is not a one option solution.  Like say...a wall.
What is underlying problem in your opinion?

There are many countries where they don't have a "legal" means of coming here.  I'm asking if those who are claiming the "legality" of it all as their sticking point if they are willing to increase the scope so that there is a process for us to accept legal immigrants from ANY country.
Don't understand your position here.  WGAF what other countries do?  America has it's own immigration laws.  If Americans want immigration laws similar to another country then Congress can create those laws.  What's the point of having immigration laws if you're just going to allow them to be broken?  Either you enforce the law as written or you do away with the law altogether.  You don't make exceptions.  Biden is the head of the Executive Branch, he needs to do his job.  When Congress decides that the laws need to change then he needs to execute them as changed.  It's not a hard system. 

Is the argument here that Biden hasn't solved our immigration problems 7 weeks into his presidency?  Seems odd, at best. 

OMG I swear if you say you can't see immigrants out of your backyard window so therefore this cannot be true Imma lose it.
No, but I do see immigration rules being enforced.  It's a pain in the rear getting back into the US after a weekend in Baja due to the long lines.  

The "it's basically open borders now" narrative is absolute nonsense. 

No, but I do see immigration rules being enforced.  It's a pain in the rear getting back into the US after a weekend in Baja due to the long lines.  

Dude.  :doh:

We're not just talking about people coming in necessarily at the designated border points, we're talking about them jumping the border at non-designated points too.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL so you see long lines as immigration rules being enforced?? Thats your benchmark? 

OMG I swear if you say you can't see immigrants out of your backyard window so therefore this cannot be true Imma lose it.
This reminds me of the BLM thread where a couple guys who live in Seattly/Portland said they looked out their window/walked around the block, didn't see any rioting so it didn't exist.  :lol:

Is that where you got it from?

BladeRunner said:
This reminds me of the BLM thread where a couple guys who live in Seattly/Portland said they looked out their window/walked around the block, didn't see any rioting so it didn't exist.  :lol:

Is that where you got it from?
Yep.  Was darn near the funniest thing I ever read here.  So it should live on.

sho nuff said:
Care to unpack how he is putting all these people at risk and what this supposed weakness or policy is that is doing so?
Are the people that are here illegally that are being “caught and released” being Covid testing before being set loose in our country? 

Snotbubbles said:
Don't understand your position here.  WGAF what other countries do?  America has it's own immigration laws.  If Americans want immigration laws similar to another country then Congress can create those laws.  What's the point of having immigration laws if you're just going to allow them to be broken?  Either you enforce the law as written or you do away with the law altogether.  You don't make exceptions.  Biden is the head of the Executive Branch, he needs to do his job.  When Congress decides that the laws need to change then he needs to execute them as changed.  It's not a hard system. 
Sorry...poorly worded.  Should read, "there are many instances where our laws prohibit people from coming here legally based solely on the country they are coming from".  I do hold the same position of having the laws if we aren't going to enforce them.  The system is an absolute wreck and very user unfriendly.

Sorry...poorly worded.  Should read, "there are many instances where our laws prohibit people from coming here legally based solely on the country they are coming from".  I do hold the same position of having the laws if we aren't going to enforce them.  The system is an absolute wreck and very user unfriendly.
I can see not letting people in from a certain country if its a security or health risk.  

FairWarning said:
What is underlying problem in your opinion?
Its not even just one problem.  VIolence, poverty, deplorable conditions, dictatorships....there are a ton of reasons people risk their lives to come here in search of a better life (as did many of our ancestors).

I can see not letting people in from a certain country if its a security or health risk.  
I'm sure we can think of exceptions, but it's tough for me to envision a legit, long term reason for blanket rejections.  I mean, I get the COVID restrictions.  I get the countries that support terrorism etc.  

Just as humorous as people 1/2 a country away claiming they know for sure what's going on because they saw some FB videos? 
CBS national news did a piece last night about the crisis.  People were packed into construction trailers, February was a record for most unaccompanied children and march on pace to smash February.  Confirmed that coyotes hoarding children to certain areas to occupy border police so drug cartels can move drugs in the vacated area. 

CBS national news did a piece last night about the crisis.  People were packed into construction trailers, February was a record for most unaccompanied children and march on pace to smash February.  Confirmed that coyotes hoarding children to certain areas to occupy border police so drug cartels can move drugs in the vacated area. 
My shot was at his shot about the people posting from Portland/Seattle this past year.  

Despite recent comments from President Joe Biden condemning migrant family detention, ICE will keep detaining families after all.

"ICE does maintain and continues to a system for family detention," the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "We are not ending family detention. We are not closing the family detention centers."

LINK

Users who are viewing this thread