What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games (1 Viewer)

Domestic violence is domestic violence. Your logic is like saying that killing a person with a spoon isn't as bad as killing them with a knife.  The actual intent and act count.

Well, then by your leave I guess we can differentiate since Hunt didn’t commit an act of domestic violence.  Thanks for that.

Well, then by your leave I guess we can differentiate since Hunt didn’t commit an act of domestic violence.  Thanks for that.
Have it your way.  Guy got lucky "only" losing a year of his career for his actions.  The chiefs didn't immediately release him for nothing.  The league didn't add suspension for nothing.  It isn't like you say...this isn't trivial compared to Ray rice.  And that's not my point.my point was simply I don't see the consistency in actions vs outcomes and , to be honest, it doesn't matter.  I'm not a butt hurt hunt owenr or a rice fan or anything.  Just looking at a league and how they act and react to upholding their own codes and rules consistently. 

You absolutely can. Both men physically touched and harmed another person. That is not okay.  If you send your kid to school and the come home with a report they were pushed or punched or even their hair pulled, doesn't matter.  It's no allowed and there are consequences for that.  
Seriously you don't see any difference?

Domestic violence is domestic violence. Your logic is like saying that killing a person with a spoon isn't as bad as killing them with a knife.  The actual intent and act count.
That’s just dumb. For one thing pushing a girl at a party isn’t domestic violence. Secondly, killing your wife is probably worse than pushing her. Neither is great but yeah one is worse than the other.

Well even ignoring that Hunt's was literally not domestic violence, it's also nice to know that you think slapping someone with a spoon and getting charged with assault for it is literally the exact same as slicing them 30 times with a knife until they are within an inch of death.

Shutout said:
You absolutely can. Both men physically touched and harmed another person. That is not okay.  If you send your kid to school and the come home with a report they were pushed or punched or even their hair pulled, doesn't matter.  It's no allowed and there are consequences for that.  
I believe Rice knocked her out cold.  Big difference 

Really no reason to debate whether or not there's a difference. Both were on video so you can see them and judge for yourself.

(Spoiler alert: There's a difference). 

Users who are viewing this thread