What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (5 Viewers)

Congrats to those who had the cujones to start him last night. Wish I did. Now I have to hope that d. Moore equals or betters britts production or I will be liking myself!

Biggest risk to britts production moving forward (barring injury) is the return of jake locker. Britts offensive explosions have all come with hasselbeck as his qb. It's an unknown how he will gel with locker. Lockers seems to have eyes for Nate Washington and Kendall wright.

The TD saved Britt's stats last night. It seems that he is finally getting healthy to make a difference. My question is whether or not the QB change back to Locker will help or hurt his fantasy value. It seemed as though Hass was looking his way often Thurs night.
11 targets in week 3 with Locker. The only game he really played (and had to leave early with the ankle). Biggest factor is getting healthy. The targets will come from whoever is at QB b/c he's their biggest weapon at WR...

Biggest risk to britts production moving forward (barring injury) is the return of jake locker. Britts offensive explosions have all come with hasselbeck as his qb. It's an unknown how he will gel with locker. Lockers seems to have eyes for Nate Washington and Kendall wright.
hasselbeck, kerry collins, vince young, and rusty smith, to be exact. pretty sure locker will be able to find him.

You have to like his attitude after the game last night.....Kenny Britt called Thursday's Week 6 win over the Steelers "hands down the worst" of his life.Britt knows he still has to knock off the rust after dropping several of his 11 targets and frustrating Matt Hasselbeck with his route running. "I know I had some catches that I left out there on the field. I know I can make those plays," said Britt. "There is no days off for me. I know I have a lot of work to make up. I've had a rough season. That's behind me. I'm going to make up for it." Expect a better performance from Britt versus the Bills in Week 7.
Sweet. Many athlete would focus on the win and the TD. It is encouraging that Britt recognizes the poor hands, now he needs to fix them.
Liked seeing this. Got him off the WW last night.

You have to like his attitude after the game last night.....Kenny Britt called Thursday's Week 6 win over the Steelers "hands down the worst" of his life.Britt knows he still has to knock off the rust after dropping several of his 11 targets and frustrating Matt Hasselbeck with his route running. "I know I had some catches that I left out there on the field. I know I can make those plays," said Britt. "There is no days off for me. I know I have a lot of work to make up. I've had a rough season. That's behind me. I'm going to make up for it." Expect a better performance from Britt versus the Bills in Week 7.
Sweet. Many athlete would focus on the win and the TD. It is encouraging that Britt recognizes the poor hands, now he needs to fix them.
Liked seeing this. Got him off the WW last night.
:shock:

Tenn def is horrible. They will be passing alot the rest of the year.

I like Britt's upside. I think he is a must start WR3/flex going forward and I think there is a good chance he moves up to WR2 category in the near future.

Owners looking for bye fill ins or to help injury problems (Amendola) should turn to Britt.

He was obviously not 100%, had some serious rust to his game and dropped a ton of passes-in and out of the EZ. All that being said, he still put up 14 points for me and was targeted 11 times (with back to back end zone shots). The rust will shake off, he'll get even healthier, the attitude seems to be good and if the targets continue-he could win a lot of people that took him late in the draft. I personally took him prior to the short suspension news, with the expectations of him not getting back to production worthy starts till week 8ish. I think many were in the same boat, so as far as I'm concerned, this is icing on the cake. He's got some good match-ups in the next couple weeks too, specifically for me as a bye week fill-in for Julio (wk 7)..

I drafted the guy as my WR4 this year, very happy to see him getting back involved. Seems like his attitude is where it should be and we all know he has elite talent. I can see him as top 20 as the floor going forward, if he stays healthy.

I just liked watching his physical tools last night. Even in Mayock's criticism, there was a hint of being really impressed by the attributes he brings. Any time an announcer in the know stresses that single coverage means he needs the ball, that's an excellent sign. This is redundant, but if you took him late and waited, you might be golden by having bought into a late-round WR2 or 3.

It was a really encouraging performance by Britt last Thursday. I am sure he will be very helpful to owners this week vs. the Bills, especially with many solid WRs on BYE or injured (Julio, Roddy, DeSean, Maclin, D. Thomas, Decker, Bowe, Jennings, Nicks, Lloyd...) Also loving his week 8 match-up vs. IND

Kicking myself. Drafted Britt, held onto him , dropped him, picked him back up, dropped him again...now he's gone. Curse of the 15 man rosters. /cry

Andre Johnson has been a shell of himself this year. Easy call.
Sad to say - AJ looked very slow and plodding Sunday night (compared to AJ past)... I agree, no fear playing Britt over him.Plus, I can see a game where Houston gets back to what has worked for them and dominates on the ground... further limiting WR targets.

Kicking myself. Drafted Britt, held onto him , dropped him, picked him back up, dropped him again...now he's gone. Curse of the 15 man rosters. /cry
Same story - start 9 (3 WR, 2 RB, TE and no flex), usually have 5-6 backup WR/RB first couple weeks, and have to cut a few to cover byes. With DeSean, Jordy, Torrey and Welker, couldn't justify keeping a WR5 who wasn't going to start until he showed solid production.Hope he blows TF up. Major talent, injuries and stupidity have held him back from jumping to an elite level. Britt is as talented as all but a handful of WRs, and I love watching him in beast mode.No regrets, he was a luxury I couldn't afford, but if you're holding, you could have a big time stud dominating for half a season.

This guy is going to help win a lot of games for people through the second half of the season. he's my number 3 behind Fitz and Julio... I'm sure many that have held onto him are now gonna reap the benefits.

Drafted him in the 9th and held onto him all season. Started him last week as a replacement for Marshall.

Now starting him as a replacement for Bowe.

Drafted him in the 9th and held onto him all season. Started him last week as a replacement for Marshall.Now starting him as a replacement for Bowe.
Yeah, I got him in the last or second to last round of a 10 team league. People were avoiding him.Still can't decide him or Josh Gordon this week. Both have big upside and great match-ups.

Drafted him in the 9th and held onto him all season. Started him last week as a replacement for Marshall.Now starting him as a replacement for Bowe.
Yeah, I got him in the last or second to last round of a 10 team league. People were avoiding him.Still can't decide him or Josh Gordon this week. Both have big upside and great match-ups.
Go with Britt (when healthy IMO he is a top 10 WR) - Gordon is still a little green.

Drafted him in the 9th and held onto him all season. Started him last week as a replacement for Marshall.

sameits a shame the whole bowe situation.. hes easily a top 10 wr when hes getting the passes. wish we could have brought him to dc instead of garcon

I'm still debating between Britt and Lloyd, leaning towards the Britt due to the nice match-up vs. the Bills. Good to see that he's back.

sameits a shame the whole bowe situation.. hes easily a top 10 wr when hes getting the passes. wish we could have brought him to dc instead of garcon
Keep an eye on these Bowe to Miami rumours, as Tannehill will be a huge upgrade to Cassel for him.

Starting him without any hesitation this week. Give him the same amount of targets as last week and instead of 4-62-1, I think you should see 7-100-1. Big difference in a PPR.

Picked him up off the WW two weeks ago as he was dropped. The thing is our league has a IR so the owner could've put him on IR instead of dropping him to pick up another WR. I was waiting for the commish to email/call me to say that the owner called him as he meant to put him on IR and not drop him but he never called so lets hope he can save my sorry a#$ at 2-4. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to snag him off the waiver wire this week somehow. Was a little surprised I was able to get him having 2nd to last waiver claim. I'm a Bills fan and could see him having a very nice game this week.

The Bills defense has been pretty terrible so far and the Titans D is in same ball park. I can see a lot of points getting put up in this game. Aaron Williams, Bills CB2 has allowed the most TDs in NFL and a league high 128.8 QB rating on passes thrown his way.

I can see Britt putting up a 6 rec / 100 yds / 1 TD game in this one. Hasslebeck will get him the ball and Chris Johnson should be able to run wild on terrible Bills run D, keeping them from focusing on stopping the pass

Last edited by a moderator:
If Britt knew what he was doing in the last game he would have had a monster game. I assume after last week he got quite a bit of attention from the assistant coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread