What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kerney to IR (1 Viewer)

Seatown Mofos

Footballguy
On Wednesday the Hawks made it official and placed Kerney on IR, ending his season.

What is the outlook here on out on Tapp and Jackson?

On Wednesday the Hawks made it official and placed Kerney on IR, ending his season.What is the outlook here on out on Tapp and Jackson?
No change. Kerney hasn't played for three weeks and we've seen what Tapp and Jackson will likely do against both good and bad matchups during that time. Tapp should continue to do well against favorable matchups and Jackson could surprise with a good game, but looks like he may have run down a little and could use the offseason to improve his strength and technique.I'd have liked Tapp a lot more (he was an offseason favorite) if Kerney had returned healthy.

On Wednesday the Hawks made it official and placed Kerney on IR, ending his season.What is the outlook here on out on Tapp and Jackson?
No change. Kerney hasn't played for three weeks and we've seen what Tapp and Jackson will likely do against both good and bad matchups during that time. Tapp should continue to do well against favorable matchups and Jackson could surprise with a good game, but looks like he may have run down a little and could use the offseason to improve his strength and technique.I'd have liked Tapp a lot more (he was an offseason favorite) if Kerney had returned healthy.
Does Tapp play LE? Either way, his speed could give the 'Skins tackles (LT Samuels and RT Jansen) problems unless they are given help. Samuels isn't 100% healthy (knee) and Jansen just isn't a good pass blocker anymore.

I hope you're right Sidewinder. His match-up against WAS is very inviting.

Tapp is an interesting late season pick-up at DL. He seems to have the skillset...I just don't know if the Seahawks D will create enough opportunities for him to rush the passer over the next 5-6 weeks.

What is Kerney's value in IDP? Think we'll see a return to top 10 numbers in the years he has left?

I hope you're right Sidewinder. His match-up against WAS is very inviting.Tapp is an interesting late season pick-up at DL. He seems to have the skillset...I just don't know if the Seahawks D will create enough opportunities for him to rush the passer over the next 5-6 weeks.
3 tackles including a sack and a forced fumble for Tapp vs Redskins. :popcorn:
What is Kerney's value in IDP? Think we'll see a return to top 10 numbers in the years he has left?
nope... hes in his 30's now; I don't even think Sea will retain him as they begin a rebuild.
Really? I'm not saying you are wrong but Kerney still made a huge impact on games when he plays. Any homers have some input on the likelihood of Kerney staying in Seattle vs. moving on?

Users who are viewing this thread