What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Jones admits that Pinner is the better RB! (1 Viewer)

jwvdcw

Footballguy
Note: Thread was originally titled "admits that Pinner is the better RB" but it was changed by a mod.What now, haters? I recently had a chance to sit down and talk with KJ very briefly. I have a tape recorded conversation of it, and I’d love to put it up online if any of the computer gurus out there could tell me how to do that(without paying money for webspace). Anyway, here is a word for word transcript:Me: Good afternoon, Mr. Jones. I’m a bit of a novice at the whole interview thing, but I’ll try my best. Thanks so much for taking the time to talk with me. KJ: No problem at all, man. My pleasure.Me: Talk a bit about the Lion’s offense for the coming year. In particular, the WR CorpsKJ: We just have so many great athletes here now. Teams aren’t going to be able to focus on any one of us., especially with the addittion of Mike. Those young guys will be out there and they will be good for a long time to come. I think it's really going to help the offense. Me: Is this Joey Harrington’s make or break year?KJ: Last year we ran more toward the end of the year, and thepassing game improved as a result. This year we’re going to be a bit more balanced. Joey has tremendous talent, and its just a position that takes a while to adjust to this level. I personally have full faith in him as our QB and as our leader.Me: Talk a bit about your personal goals for this season.KJ: Just to keep getting better each and every week and each and every day. And ultimately, that’s going to be measured by our team’s success. I don’t think anything short of the playoffs will do.Me: Many observers felt as if Artose Pinner deserved more of a role in the offense last year. Talk to me about him and his impact upon you.KJ: Artose has always been a great guy. And I don’t have any doubt that our offense wouldn’t miss a beat with him. I’ve definitely enjoyed working with him.Me: So who deserves to start at RB?KJ: Oh, I don’t concern myself with stuff like that. Artose has many skills that I envy, and like I said, he’d be a great back if given the opportunity. I’m just excited for our team this year.Me: What was the biggest adjustment you had to make to the NFL last year and what improvements can we expect to see from you this coming year?KJ: Its just so much stuff to know in the NFL. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t miss some assignments early on last year. But Coach Rathman was just amazing to work with. Even when I was hurt, he was there with me helping me study. I just hope to continue to improve in all aspects of my game and hopefully be known as one of the best Rbs in the game.Me: Ok, thanks a lot for the time Mr. Jones. Have a good afternoon.KJ: My pleasure.Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so! Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are REALLY silly - there is nothing in here about KJ stating Pinner is the better back:

Me: Many observers felt as if Artose Pinner deserved more of a role in the offense last year. Talk to me about him and his impact upon you.KJ: Artose has always been a great guy. And I don’t have any doubt that our offense wouldn’t miss a beat with him. I’ve definitely enjoyed working with him.Me: So who deserves to start at RB?KJ: Oh, I don’t concern myself with stuff like that. Artose has many skills that I envy, and like I said, he’d be a great back if given the opportunity. I’m just excited for our team this year.

BTW - GREAT job with the interview! Really good get as KJ is one of the lightning rod FF Players this year. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.p.s. - I am going to change the title of your thread since it is misleading if you don't do it yourself.

KJ responded exactly how any other NFL player would respond when asked about one of his teammates. He gave him props without actually saying who he really thought deserved to start. Man, for an interviewer of your caliber you ought to be able to read between the lines better than that.

for an interviewer of your caliber you ought to be able to read between the lines better than that.
He's a rookie.And he has a tremendous hard-on for Artose Pinner that borders on an unhealthy man-love.

Given those two factors, I am not surprised with the tag-line for the thread.

Edit - thread tag line :corrected:

This thread gets an F.
For some strange reason, jw is the only person on this earth who actually likes and promotes being regarded as an imbecile. Guess any attention is better than no attention.

Helen Keller has many skills that I envy, and like I said, she’d be a great back if given the opportunity.

Helen Keller has many skills that I envy, and like I said, she’d be a great back if given the opportunity.
In other words, Artose Pinner has many skills that I envy, and...like I just said...he's the greatest RB to walk the face of the earth.-The World According to our Village Idiot, JW

I think a poll should be started about whether KJ said Pinner was the better RB or not. I've been getting a ton of PMs asking for one.

I think a poll should be started about whether KJ said Pinner was the better RB or not.

I've been getting a ton of PMs asking for one.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You must give the people what they want. jwvaajfjfwvc always does.

One thing is for sure, Kevin Jones is a more intelligent interviewee than Pinner. He doesn’t make stupid excuses like that the reason KJ started was because he was making more money and Detroit was out of the playoffs. Even if it is true (and I am not saying it is), what purpose does it serve? It just makes the organization look bad and comes off sounding like sour grapes.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wow!!! How stupid is this???? Let it go man!!! Jones is the better back and everyone knows it in the world but you. I give you credit though, you are stubborn and stick to your points. A little foolish, but you stick to your guns...

for an interviewer of your caliber you ought to be able to read between the lines better than that.
He's a rookie.And he has a tremendous hard-on for Artose Pinner that borders on an unhealthy man-love.

As a moderator, you really should be able to refrain from these type of posts. Seriously, the moderators should ALWAYS be professional on the boards.

As a moderator, you really should be able to refrain from these type of posts. Seriously, the moderators should ALWAYS be professional on the boards.
:scared:

LuckyOne= :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As someone that probably did the most JWDJDJSJSDLDJ bashing in that monster Pinner thread that finally got locked (I missed being able to bump that one), even I'm surprised by this one. First, KJ didn't say anything. He gave the patented if-you-don't-have-anything-good-to-say-talk-about-how-excited-you-are-about-the-season.Second, I'm not convinced that JWHDHNTGIOS even interviewed KJ. How could he have been in the same room without pullimg a Tonya Harding and clubbing the guys knee in order to give Pinner a shot? I'm sure Jeff Guilluli has some free time on his hands and he has experience with these types of things. I'll be the first one to say this about the 'interview' :bs: And thus, JWJDDLSLDFLSD has sunk to a new low.....

This is like Watergate, there are tapes, very cool. I like to hear the interview. Can't be too hard to put up for a listen. This should be interesting........

I'll be the first one to say this about the 'interview'  :bs:   And thus, JWJDDLSLDFLSD has sunk to a new low.....
I had just assumed nobody believed he did an interview with KJ. I second that :bs:
I 3rd that :bs: No way KJ did this interview. Who did you contact to set this up? Was it over the phone or in person? give us the lies.......er, details.

yeah, he's got tapes, big deal. He probably is just saying the answers himself in a different voice. jwvdcw=rich little

I liked this thread better the first time it was posted, when it was deleted in the first five minutes. :thumbup:

I liked this thread better the first time it was posted, when it was deleted in the first five minutes. :thumbup:
It wasn't deleted because of the content of this thread. Apparanently it was deleted becasue I "started too many threads in too short of a time." I was unaware of a limit, but I guess there is one.

I liked this thread better the first time it was posted, when it was deleted in the first five minutes.   :thumbup:
It wasn't deleted because of the content of this thread. Apparanently it was deleted becasue I "started too many threads in too short of a time." I was unaware of a limit, but I guess there is one.
I guess when your brain is going a mile a minute you can think of and type up all of those threads in that short of a time. Either that or you had planned it to be a jackass.

p.s. - I am going to change the title of your thread since it is misleading if you don't do it yourself.
Please also change topic description from exclusive interview to exclusive "interview". :loco:

I liked this thread better the first time it was posted, when it was deleted in the first five minutes.  :thumbup:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I stated the reason for it being deleted, only that I liked it better the first time. I thought we weren't allowed to discuss the "incident." ;)

Agreed. If guys in the FFA can get banned for using phrases such as "banging chicks," then mods using phrases such as "tremendous hard-on for XXXX" in the Shark Pool deserve a good scolding.

Agreed. If guys in the FFA can get banned for using phrases such as "banging chicks," then mods using phrases such as "tremendous hard-on for XXXX" in the Shark Pool deserve a good scolding.
Would you just look at all the trouble jwvacdc has caused??? :(

OK then; Does anyone have any thoughts as to wether or not Pinner is worth handcuffing to Jones, or will it be mostly RBBC if he misses time this year?

I actually like Pinner's skill set. I just don;t forsee KJones giving up many "important" carries or receptions to him without being injured.In short, no, I'd rather not handcuff those players - If it's the end of the draft and I have room for an RB5 or 6 and Pinner is there AND I have KJones on my team, I'd take him.

....but her dog's name is still uhhhhoooohhhoooo when she calls for him :bag:

I spoke with Kevin Jones at the NBA Finals. He sat right next to me. I asked him if he was feeeling any heat from Pinner...he laughed.

And he has a tremendous hard-on for Artose Pinner that borders on an unhealthy man-love.
Borders on? He passed the border about 125 miles ago and is deep in the heart of unhealthy man-love.It actually almost borders on stalking, if I was Artose and found out about this I would consider a restraining order! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread