What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kiwi Farms: Hopefully we can agree to condemn them (1 Viewer)

(HULK)

(Smash)

Crazy the world we live in now. No part of this story, from the victims to what is being done to them and how would've made a lick of sense to me when I was 5.

As an adult that firmly believes in live and let live, this is beyond disheartening.

Also, in legal terms I'm not sure Kiwifarms is breaking many laws, certainly not ones with many teeth. We need our government to step up and fix that.

Interestingly, I think there is room here, on this issue, for probably 98% of this forum to agree on something. Kiwifarms is sorta like weaponized cancel culture. Maybe we should discuss what kinda laws we need to prevent this stuff, where line should be drawn, etc? At any rate, check out the link if you're wondering.

Why do you think there is a need for people to call to "condemn" something obviously evil? It's a loaded request, aimed at those you have political differences with, and shouldn't be acknowledged.

Kiwi Farms sounds like a terrible group of people. Having said that, here are my thoughts upon reading that twitter thread: "Last month, she opened her door to find a police officer's gun pointed at her face." Sounds like an exaggeration to me but maybe that is truly how police handle swatting calls. "Sorrenti had a following..." No surprise there and I correctly guessed that she would be raising money off this incident. I searched her name and gofundme and she has raised at least 75K off that platform alone.

Flush with financing from her supporters, she, her fiance, and cat made it safely to a discreet hotel room. Naturally, she posted a picture on social media and the detectives at Kiwi Farms used the visible bedsheets to track her down. Kiwi Farms wasn't satisfied with just terrorizing trans activists. So they doxxed and threatened the cops who had supposedly pointed their guns in Sorrenti's face. Then Kiwi Farms also swatted Marjorie Taylor Greene twice. These targets seem contradictory and If you're as skeptical a person as me, you might think these latter events were false flags. But why not apply that same slepticism to Sorrenti's story?

I don't know what's going on here but I think everyone involved is suspect. All of them are likely extremists and a plague upon society.

Kiwi Farms sounds like a terrible group of people. Having said that, here are my thoughts upon reading that twitter thread: "Last month, she opened her door to find a police officer's gun pointed at her face." Sounds like an exaggeration to me but maybe that is truly how police handle swatting calls.

Yes, sometimes it is:

Why do you think there is a need for people to call to "condemn" something obviously evil? It's a loaded request, aimed at those you have political differences with, and shouldn't be acknowledged.
On the issues related here, I have political differences with almost everyone as I'm quite staunchly against the woke-mob stuff AND I'm quite strongly in favor of fair and equal treatment for transpeople.

This wasn't a loaded request. It was literally something I thought we'd be able to discuss where we all start from a similar place, ie condemning Kiwifarms.

Kiwi Farms sounds like a terrible group of people. Having said that, here are my thoughts upon reading that twitter thread: "Last month, she opened her door to find a police officer's gun pointed at her face." Sounds like an exaggeration to me but maybe that is truly how police handle swatting calls. "Sorrenti had a following..." No surprise there and I correctly guessed that she would be raising money off this incident. I searched her name and gofundme and she has raised at least 75K off that platform alone.

Flush with financing from her supporters, she, her fiance, and cat made it safely to a discreet hotel room. Naturally, she posted a picture on social media and the detectives at Kiwi Farms used the visible bedsheets to track her down. Kiwi Farms wasn't satisfied with just terrorizing trans activists. So they doxxed and threatened the cops who had supposedly pointed their guns in Sorrenti's face. Then Kiwi Farms also swatted Marjorie Taylor Greene twice. These targets seem contradictory and If you're as skeptical a person as me, you might think these latter events were false flags. But why not apply that same slepticism to Sorrenti's story?

I don't know what's going on here but I think everyone involved is suspect. All of them are likely extremists and a plague upon society.
Yeah, I was wondering about that MJT thing.

Doesn't matter WHO this behavior is directed against, it's wrong and we need laws to protect against it IMO

Kiwi Farms sounds like a terrible group of people. Having said that, here are my thoughts upon reading that twitter thread: "Last month, she opened her door to find a police officer's gun pointed at her face." Sounds like an exaggeration to me but maybe that is truly how police handle swatting calls.

Yes, sometimes it is:

Yea, it looks like that part of her story is reasonable.
On Dec. 28, 2017, Barriss contacted police to say he was at a home in Wichita, Kansas, where he said he had fatally shot his father and was holding the rest of the family hostage.
Officers responded to the Wichita address and demanded that anyone inside the McCormick Street home come out.
Confused, Andrew Finch, 28, stepped outside where he raised and dropped his hands several times before an officer opened fire, killing him, officials said.
Barriss called in false report to Kansas police at the behest of two gamers, Casey Viner, 18, and Shane Gaskill, 25, authorities said. Viner asked Barriss to make the call as an act of retaliation against Gaskill after a game of "Call of Duty" ended badly.
Barriss then taunted Gaskill in Twitter direct messages, before Gaskill challenged the California man to swat him, according to court records. Gaskill gave Barriss the address to a home where Gaskill had once lived that was then occupied by Finch's family.
And here is bodycam footage of the police killing him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-sWzC56df4
The police response is so bad in these situations.

So, to my knowledge, calling in a fake emergency to generate a swatting is just a misdemeanor. I think when people actually died they were able to charge with manslaughter though. We need more laws against this stuff, against doxing too.

Last edited:
But why not apply that same slepticism to Sorrenti's story?
Because hers wasn't the only story. Even if she made it all up, if she didn't exist, these evil little tools would still exist.
I'm guessing that none of us here knew Kiwi Farms existed before this thread. I just searched Reddit for more information and there is a recent Technology thread regarding Cloudflare's decision to block Kiwi Farms.

Someone asked: "I am a kiwi, that is to say, a New Zaelander. Can anyone give a tl;dr on what **** is kiwifarms is?"

This response seems to explain the situation well and introduced me to a couple new terms:
"It's a site dedicated to "lolcows" which are people on the internet who people watch and make fun of due to their huge egos, or being terminally online. There used to be usergroups / LiveJournal groups way back in the day that did this. But kiwifarms has grown a lot from those days as it's branched out to more and more lolcows and different types of lolcown (furry, tumblr/Twitter users, trans ppl, international lolcows like Drakenlord.. etc.)

Keffals (who started this) is considered an Lolcow as she's constantly seeking attention on Twitter thus it caught kiwifarms' attention. And it's just been a feedback loop. She makes some drama, kiwi farms discusses and throws more fuel to the fire and she reacts back, leading to more drama (or milk, Like a cow).

Tldr: it's a internet forum specializing on weird people on the web and making fun of them. A relic of the old days."

Kiwi Farms appears to be a group of middle school bullies who pick on the weirdest kid in class. A very recent comment (not yet deleted by moderator) with insight into the group said:
"I lurked that site for years as I followed the Ethan Ralph drama. Maybe other boards were aggressive, but the people who posted in his and adjacent boards were like me: amazed at how crazy dude was and viewed it as a zoo. They had a very strict no violence, organizing rule in regards to the idiots they watched. Again though was just a lurker."

The group apparently splintered off from 4chan when the main focus of Kiwi Farm's attention was Chris Chan. I am familiar with that name. Chris Chan was arrested last year for sexually assaulting her elderly mother. It was a troll from KiwiFarms who recorded a phone call with Chris, where she made these lurid admissions that served as the main evidence in her arrest. Chris is transgender but the jail classified her as male.

I can't find the comment now but one claimed that Keffals would give "underage kids" directions on how to make homemade hormones in order to start transitioning. This is likely based on trolls contacting Keffals and posing as confused kids.

Regarding the recent activity, someone commented:
"I was there to watch it all happen. KF does have a bad rep for the stalking and harassing, I intentionally went there to try to get them to stalk and harass me. Come to find out, someone was already working on something against me."

Another commented: "There's some crazy lore surrounding that site and I'm glad it's down. Allegedly sites like that can be used by state sponsored contractors (that lack oversight) to wage information/narrative warfare against US citizens and are responsible for much death and suffering. 4chan the same. I got hit by some people that seemed like professional trolls and I don't recommend the experience to anyone. I will not troll anymore because of it and I used troll pretty light hearted for laughs. Heck Im not even for absolute free speech anymore, they can make anything into a weapon these days."

Someone else commented: "Many of the things KiwiFarms get blamed for are completely unproven."
That comment was removed by the moderator and only visible because someone else had already responded:
"Oh look a kiwifarms troll."

Because hers wasn't the only story. Even if she made it all up, if she didn't exist, these evil little tools would still exist.
I'm guessing that none of us here knew Kiwi Farms existed before this thread. I just searched Reddit for more information and there is a recent Technology thread regarding Cloudflare's decision to block Kiwi Farms.

Someone asked: "I am a kiwi, that is to say, a New Zaelander. Can anyone give a tl;dr on what **** is kiwifarms is?"

This response seems to explain the situation well and introduced me to a couple new terms:
"It's a site dedicated to "lolcows" which are people on the internet who people watch and make fun of due to their huge egos, or being terminally online. There used to be usergroups / LiveJournal groups way back in the day that did this. But kiwifarms has grown a lot from those days as it's branched out to more and more lolcows and different types of lolcown (furry, tumblr/Twitter users, trans ppl, international lolcows like Drakenlord.. etc.)

Keffals (who started this) is considered an Lolcow as she's constantly seeking attention on Twitter thus it caught kiwifarms' attention. And it's just been a feedback loop. She makes some drama, kiwi farms discusses and throws more fuel to the fire and she reacts back, leading to more drama (or milk, Like a cow).

Tldr: it's a internet forum specializing on weird people on the web and making fun of them. A relic of the old days."

Kiwi Farms appears to be a group of middle school bullies who pick on the weirdest kid in class. A very recent comment (not yet deleted by moderator) with insight into the group said:
"I lurked that site for years as I followed the Ethan Ralph drama. Maybe other boards were aggressive, but the people who posted in his and adjacent boards were like me: amazed at how crazy dude was and viewed it as a zoo. They had a very strict no violence, organizing rule in regards to the idiots they watched. Again though was just a lurker."

The group apparently splintered off from 4chan when the main focus of Kiwi Farm's attention was Chris Chan. I am familiar with that name. Chris Chan was arrested last year for sexually assaulting her elderly mother. It was a troll from KiwiFarms who recorded a phone call with Chris, where she made these lurid admissions that served as the main evidence in her arrest. Chris is transgender but the jail classified her as male.

I can't find the comment now but one claimed that Keffals would give "underage kids" directions on how to make homemade hormones in order to start transitioning. This is likely based on trolls contacting Keffals and posing as confused kids.

"I was there to watch it all happen. KF does have a bad rep for the stalking and harassing, I intentionally went there to try to get them to stalk and harass me. Come to find out, someone was already working on something against me."

Another commented: "There's some crazy lore surrounding that site and I'm glad it's down. Allegedly sites like that can be used by state sponsored contractors (that lack oversight) to wage information/narrative warfare against US citizens and are responsible for much death and suffering. 4chan the same. I got hit by some people that seemed like professional trolls and I don't recommend the experience to anyone. I will not troll anymore because of it and I used troll pretty light hearted for laughs. Heck Im not even for absolute free speech anymore, they can make anything into a weapon these days."

Someone else commented: "Many of the things KiwiFarms get blamed for are completely unproven."
That comment was removed by the moderator and only visible because someone else had already responded:
This looks like a very large rabbit hole to climb down. Thanks for the summary.

This looks like a very large rabbit hole to climb down. Thanks for the summary.
I agree with your thoughts on the seriousness of swatting. It should be a felony. And the online bullying/harrassment is a serious problem, too. I remember reading about troll groups who used to call hotel rooms and convince gullible people to do crazy things like destroy their room to prevent gas explosions. Some of it was so ridiculous that I did laugh a little bit but the people who do this have no care or consideration for the consequences of their actions.

What about doxing? That's completely legal but also totally awful, especially if there happens to be a group of people mad at you and willing to mess with your life.

This was my major complaint about cancelling. It's the modern day version of torches and pitchforks and not justice. People's real lives have gotten severely messed up by it and maybe some deserved it and some clearly didn't. This is why we have a justice system, mobs are not a good method for dispensing society's justice and never have been.

I guess, be it doxing, swatting, cancelling, I don't think these are good things for society at all. Is doxing protected speech though? I dunno. This conversation really needs to happen amongst law makers imo

Swatting is a disgusting practice. I don't even need to know who is being swatted or why to condemn it. People lose their lives over stuff like that.

What about doxing? That's completely legal but also totally awful, especially if there happens to be a group of people mad at you and willing to mess with your life.
Maxine Waters would disagree with this statement.

Yes, sometimes it is:

FYI-
One of the episodes of Netflix's Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies, and the Internet covers this story.

Users who are viewing this thread