What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Koren Robinson... (1 Viewer)

First of all who cares about D Jax vs K Rob. Move it along.K Rob as a viking. I think you see him used in special teams. He may eventually earn way to field but I wouldn't expect much unless there ends up being some significant injuries.

First of all who cares about D Jax vs K Rob. Move it along.

K Rob as a viking. I think you see him used in special teams. He may eventually earn way to field but I wouldn't expect much unless there ends up being some significant injuries.
They didn't sign the guy to play soley on special teams. There will be plenty of waiver wire fodder out there for that. The guy will log time at the receiver position. The questions are: when, how much, and in lieu of who?

This has to be a very bad sign for the state of the Vikings receiving corps. They must have been fooled by all the highlight reel catches those ex-Baltimore cast-offs made!

Damn you Brian Billick!
It really muddles the Vikings WR2 situation even more than any confusion about the running game has been.This may end up as the #1 offense in the NFC, without a clear fantasy starter week to week besides Culpepper and Burleson.

This deal has "C. Carter rebirth" spelled all over it. A great talent gets a final shot to prove himself.
:no:1) he's not anywhere nears as "great" a talent as CCarter.2) he never has shown the hands that Carter had.3) he has the same droppsies in Minn. as he had in Sea. and he's just as likely to be the WR5 as the WR2.

3) he has the same droppsies in Minn. as he had in Sea.
That has yet to be seen. While very likely could happen you cannot say for certain it is present until he sees the field.

3) he has the same droppsies in Minn. as he had in Sea.
That has yet to be seen. While very likely could happen you cannot say for certain it is present until he sees the field.
of course - but he had a HORRIBLE droppsie prob. in Sea. Was that Hass or KRob? Will he catrch the ball beter in minn with passes from C-Pepp instead?Regardless, it is more presumptious to say that this has CCarter rebirth all over it when there are a SLEW of highly talented receivers in Minn, and KRob showed flashes of ability when DJax got hurt and was, really, the ONLY threat, but has, otherwise, shown only limited talent and lots of droppsies.

p.s. - take the whole quote, not a sliver, if you wish to attribute a statement to me.I didn't say he WILL have the same droppsies.

It wouldn't surprise me if the only thing that was holding him back on the field was his inability to stay sober and keep his head on straight. I doubt he'll ever have hands like a "steel trap" but I've seen him make enough big catches over the years to realize he could still blossom into an all-pro.

KROB is a lotto ticket - nothing less, nothing more at this point in time. I'm just trying to think if he's worth a shot on a late round pick 12team/20 rd wcoff scoring draft. i.e. something 15+ rd.

I remember this guy being considered top 10 / 20 WR in the game last year (he can absolutely hit 1000yds) and if you owned him in dynasty/keeper you should be thrilled. Bottom line. There could not be a better trade on the market if you were to trade him to the Vikings (i.e. good WR system with good QB) before the problems. If he truely goes strait and puts down the bottle he will be a big asset to your receiving corps. So get back on the :11:

Koren Dropped Balls with in Seattle.Jackson dropped balls in Seattle.Freaking Jerry Rice dropped balls in Seattle

His first catch was one-handed, and he made a few more before the unthinkable happened. The greatest receiver of all time dropped a pass. For a split second, he had a touch of the Seahawks' worst affliction. "My first practice, and I had a drop, and I don't like that," Rice said. "I have to go look at the film and see what I did wrong on that.
I don't have dropped passes in front of me, but Rice had 25 catches on 48 Targets while with Seattle.I for one would like to see Koren work with Pepper some. This has "huge Homerun that cost you nothing if you reacted quickly" written all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
K-Rob has no motivation or work ethic. The guy was suspended for substance abuse, had SO many traffic violations as a Seahawk and then after going to Rehab, he relapsed, got caught drunk driving and showed up to court with alcohol on his breath. The guy just doesn't get it, so don't expect him too.

K-Rob has no motivation or work ethic. The guy was suspended for substance abuse, had SO many traffic violations as a Seahawk and then after going to Rehab, he relapsed, got caught drunk driving and showed up to court with alcohol on his breath.

The guy just doesn't get it, so don't expect him too.
You might be right but it's not like anyone is picking him up to be a WR #1. All I will lose is a waiver wire player...but I could gain a pretty good WR. Seems like a no brainer to give it a shot.

K-Rob has no motivation or work ethic. The guy was suspended for substance abuse, had SO many traffic violations as a Seahawk and then after going to Rehab, he relapsed, got caught drunk driving and showed up to court with alcohol on his breath.

The guy just doesn't get it, so don't expect him too.
You might be right but it's not like anyone is picking him up to be a WR #1. All I will lose is a waiver wire player...but I could gain a pretty good WR. Seems like a no brainer to give it a shot.
Agreed. I'll probably drop Brandon Jones for KRob. Some seem to think that if he can stay out of trouble he'll be the 3rd wr. Maybe even pass Taylor to become the 2nd wr opposite Burelson.

Again, isn't anyone concerned that he has a court date for later this month in Washington state in regards to his suspended sentence? Didn't he violate parole by showing up drunk to jai)?

Again, isn't anyone concerned that he has a court date for later this month in Washington state in regards to his suspended sentence?

Didn't he violate parole by showing up drunk to jai)?
this is what i am thinking as wellthat violation would be his 3rd strike which is a 1 year suspension

[quote name=mad sweeney' date='Sep 5 2005,
Still looking for someone to confirm that Koren Robinson has a medical problem with his eyes. Hey, Mad Sweeney, are you sure about this or do you have Robinson confused with P. Price? Don't need a link or anything, just curious. TIA
I don't think Robinson has anything wrong with his eyes. Robinson always wore a dark visor over his eyes like some RBs, e.g. Ricky Williams, do. There was some thought last year that the visor might be a contributing factor in the number of drops he had. Robinson tried playing without the dark visor for a week or two, but eventually went back to it. Guess it covered up the bloodshot eyes pretty well.
Kind of contradicted yourself there. He's always worn an orange visor in the NFL, he tried the dark one and a clear one earlier last year but went back to the orange. In order to wear the orange visor he has to have permission from the league for a legitimate medical reason. Holmgren and Robinson have both said that there's a medical vision problem that he's dealt with for years and that it was a part of his dropsies. The problem may be caused by or exacerbated by weed, or it could be a condition that weed helps alleviate. Or weed could be completely unrelated to his eye problems. Fact is, he has something wrong with the peepers, unless he's smart enough to fool Holmgrena nd the league. He probably skated by with his talent compensating for it until the NFL level where everyone else was that good.

Again, isn't anyone concerned that he has a court date for later this month in Washington state in regards to his suspended sentence?

Didn't he violate parole by showing up drunk to jai)?
this is what i am thinking as wellthat violation would be his 3rd strike which is a 1 year suspension
No, I mean problems with the legal system, not the NFL. I'm talking about his upcoming court date.
Robinson has a court date on Sept. 14 in Washington. Keels declined to address questions about Robinson's legal status, except to ensure that his client would not face another extended absence from the NFL.

"He's not facing any type of suspension," Keels said. "That's all I can say right now."

He's got too much talent to let some other owner gamble on him and hit a homerun that wins it all for them. If he turns out to be that home run, it'll be on my team if I can help it.

My three teams and what I'm doing:

4-man keeper league - Dropped Pearman to pick up K-Rob.

3-man keeper - Looking at dropping Betts, Gardner, or Curry to pick him up. Start 2 RB & 3 WR: LT2, Westbrook, Taylor, Pittman, Turner, Betts and TO, Ward, Muhammad, Keyshawn, Gardner, Curry.

Redraft - Considering dropping McCareins or Travis Taylor to pick up K-Rob. I have 3 QBs here and may drop one of them, but I'd be giving that QB to another team if I did. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR: Collins, Brooks, Pennington; Alexander, Dunn, Taylor, TJones, Parker; Holt, CJohnson, JSmith, McCareins, TTaylor, Toomer.

he still has to learn a new system and then get into game shape after missing all of training camp and preseason. he might be worth a flier if you expect some results after week 6 or 8. right now, i would rather have kevin curtis on my squad as a WR#6. maybe i'll watch krob's progress over the next couple of weeks. and if everything is positive (including the legal woes) then the shark move would be to pick him up before he steps onto the field.right now he's buried on the depth chart. how can he be a WR#3 or 4 for my team when he's not even WR#3 or 4 for the vikings. i'll wait....

Regardless, it is more presumptious to say that this has CCarter rebirth all over it when there are a SLEW of highly talented receivers in Minn, and KRob showed flashes of ability when DJax got hurt and was, really, the ONLY threat, but has, otherwise, shown only limited talent and lots of droppsies.
Who says Min has a slew of talented receivers? Ill opt to judge them now that Moss isnt drawing the top three defenders.

It was mentioned in another thread, but I thought I would post it in this thread for discussion:September 12, 2005, 08:01Vikings :: WRVikings To Re-Acquire WR K.RobinsonSt. Paul Pioneer Press Staff - [Full Article]The Vikings temporarily released newly acquired WR Koren Robinson to avoid guaranteeing his base salary of $540,000 for the 2005 season. Since he was not going to play Sunday, the Vikings cut him Saturday, and they will have him re-signed by this morning, said Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations. Several teams were interested in Robinson. But they were inclined to wait until today to try and sign him.

Sep 13 After being temporarily released by the Minnesota Vikings over the weekend, Robinson has re-signed with the club, as anticipated. The receiver, who originally agreed to terms on a two-year contract last week, now is signed to a one-year deal. Reportedly, at least five other teams expressed interest in Robinson's services, including the Packers, who lost top wideout Javon Walker for the season.Advice: The Vikings cut Robinson to avoid guaranteeing his 2005 base salary ($540,000) as part of the two-year contract. Still learning the Vikings' playbook, Robinson likely won't see game action until at least Week 3. He's still listed behind Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson on Minnesota's depth chart.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5456/news

Any news on a new contract with KRob? The Vikings have the right of first refusal but he will get some offers. I'm hoping one of them is from the Chargers so they can improve their ST's and have him reunite with his college QB.

Any news on a new contract with KRob? The Vikings have the right of first refusal but he will get some offers. I'm hoping one of them is from the Chargers so they can improve their ST's and have him reunite with his college QB.
Rivers was K-Robs college QB?

As a true freshman in 2000. Yep, he's the guy that made KRob a 1st round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on a new contract with KRob?  The Vikings have the right of first refusal but he will get some offers.  I'm hoping one of them is from the Chargers so they can improve their ST's and have him reunite with his college QB.
As a true freshman in 2000. Yep, he's the guy that make KRob a 1st round pick.
K-Robs speed and athletic ability had nothing to due with his status as a first round pick. :sarcasm:

For one year. Rivers freshman year 2000

As a true freshman in 2000. Yep, he's the guy that make KRob a 1st round pick.
K-Robs speed and athletic ability had nothing to due with his status as a first round pick. :sarcasm:
Going from 850/2 to 1200/13 had nothing to do with it? I'm not saying that KRob didn't have the talent, but with Rivers throwing the ball it made a huge difference with his draft stock.

Users who are viewing this thread