What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

krsone21 2012 PDSL Commentary (1 Viewer)

1.05 Gamma1210 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB1 107.05 Gamma1210 - Andrew Luck, ROOK, QB21 4?3.05 Gamma1210 - Frank Gore, SF, RB13 95.05 Gamma1210 - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB20 119.05 Gamma1210 - LeGarrette Blount, TB, RB40 517.05 Gamma1210 - Rashad Jennings, JAC, RB64 619.05 Gamma1210 - Dion Lewis, PHI, RB74 722.12 Gamma1210 - Da'Rel Scott, NYG, RB89 112.12 Gamma1210 - AJ Green, CIN, WR8 84.12 Gamma1210 - Dez Bryant, DAL, WR20 58.12 Gamma1210 - Laurent Robinson, JAX, WR46 612.12 Gamma1210 - Kendall Wright, ROOK, WR64 ?14.12 Gamma1210 - Andre Roberts, AZ, WR70 1018.12 Gamma1210 - Steve Breston, KCC, WR 720.12 Gamma1210 - Danario Alexander, STL, WR99 921.05 Gamma1210 - Donnie Avery, IND, WR103 424.12 Gamma1210 - Ramses Barden, NYG, WR125 116.12 Gamma1210 - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE15 910.12 Gamma1210 - Colby Fleener, ROOKIE, TE22 ?23.05 Gamma1210 - Delanie Walker, SF, TE46 911.05 Gamma1210 - New York Jets, D/ST8 913.05 Gamma1210 - Oakland Raiders, D/ST20 515.05 Gamma1210 - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, PK16 1116.12 Gamma1210 - Graham Gano, WAS, PK22 10Will post comments later, but love my QBs, need more depth at RB, bye weeks I got pretty lucky.
QB- I know I took Luck early as discussed, but in this league you need QB points and I didn't want to get stuck with someone like Gabbert as QB2, even Rodgers can have a down week. Thought hard about a 3rd QB, but if Rodgers goes down I'm done no matter what. RB- Gore and Bradshaw have some risk, but I like where I got them. TB is going to draft a RB, but unless it is in round 1 or 2 I think Blount is going to get first crack at the carries. Jennings/Lewis are an injury away from being a RB2 and both should get decent carries this year. Scott is a flyer but many people are high on him.WR- Took 9 which might be overkill, but I wanted some options with a weak WR3. Green/Dez have a ton of upside. Any of the next 4 might turn into my WR3. DX and Avery are some swing for the fence types. Barden might catch a few 2 yard fades for TDs and that might be enough to have him count in a week. TE- My weakest spot, never saw a ton of value there. After taking Keller who will be a safe bet, I took a risk on Fleener earlier than I should have. I'm hoping he is not drafted by the 49ers. DEF- Have two, think both can be productive. K- Two of them

'renesauz said:
Did people forget TE could be our flex
That would be news to me. Are you sure about this because I don't see PDSL rules posted, just WSL which does not offer the flex option.Either way if true I'm almost glad I did not know when drafting or I'd have panicked and not been able to wait on a TE as long as I did.

1.05 Gamma1210 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB1 107.05 Gamma1210 - Andrew Luck, ROOK, QB21 4?3.05 Gamma1210 - Frank Gore, SF, RB13 95.05 Gamma1210 - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB20 119.05 Gamma1210 - LeGarrette Blount, TB, RB40 517.05 Gamma1210 - Rashad Jennings, JAC, RB64 619.05 Gamma1210 - Dion Lewis, PHI, RB74 722.12 Gamma1210 - Da'Rel Scott, NYG, RB89 112.12 Gamma1210 - AJ Green, CIN, WR8 84.12 Gamma1210 - Dez Bryant, DAL, WR20 58.12 Gamma1210 - Laurent Robinson, JAX, WR46 612.12 Gamma1210 - Kendall Wright, ROOK, WR64 ?14.12 Gamma1210 - Andre Roberts, AZ, WR70 1018.12 Gamma1210 - Steve Breston, KCC, WR 720.12 Gamma1210 - Danario Alexander, STL, WR99 921.05 Gamma1210 - Donnie Avery, IND, WR103 424.12 Gamma1210 - Ramses Barden, NYG, WR125 116.12 Gamma1210 - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE15 910.12 Gamma1210 - Colby Fleener, ROOKIE, TE22 ?23.05 Gamma1210 - Delanie Walker, SF, TE46 911.05 Gamma1210 - New York Jets, D/ST8 913.05 Gamma1210 - Oakland Raiders, D/ST20 515.05 Gamma1210 - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, PK16 1116.12 Gamma1210 - Graham Gano, WAS, PK22 10Will post comments later, but love my QBs, need more depth at RB, bye weeks I got pretty lucky.
very good team. skillful late RB/WR picks and a very solid core. TE might be a slight weakness, but considering the low investment, that is tolerable with the upside built in elsewhere. a top contender to go the distance

'renesauz said:
Did people forget TE could be our flex
That would be news to me. Are you sure about this because I don't see PDSL rules posted, just WSL which does not offer the flex option.Either way if true I'm almost glad I did not know when drafting or I'd have panicked and not been able to wait on a TE as long as I did.
there is no way there is a flex in these......no way.....TE's would have been gone by end of first......gotta be thinking of some other league.........like the subscriber contest or something

Also I want to note it sucked drafting between Jeff and Bloom.
:lmao:Who did we steal from you?Sorry man. Bloom and I fight over enough guys as it is....Fiddles is pretty solid too usually, so it wasn't an easy area to draft.KRS did pretty well IMHO.
That was a tough and fun area to draft in. :thumbup: Gamma, Bloom, Jeff, & Fiddles all kept me on my toes the entire draft. Lost more then a few players right before my pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no way there is a flex in these......no way.....TE's would have been gone by end of first......gotta be thinking of some other league.........like the subscriber contest or something
You're right....not sure what I was thinking about. Still happy with my Te's though :)

You're right....not sure what I was thinking about. Still happy with my Te's though :)
It's hard enough just to get you to pick on time.... let alone understand all the rules :)
:mellow:
:boxing:

General comment - I like those who gamble late on rookies. Not "EBF-like" overboard with 4-7 of them, but take a couple with bigger upside. Taking a veteran NFL WR4 or RB3 has such a low ceiling that a rookie lottery ticket just feels like a better gamble, especially late - and especially at RB.

General comment - I like those who gamble late on rookies. Not "EBF-like" overboard with 4-7 of them, but take a couple with bigger upside. Taking a veteran NFL WR4 or RB3 has such a low ceiling that a rookie lottery ticket just feels like a better gamble, especially late - and especially at RB.
In a Survivor format like this, I much prefer the probable higher floor of a vet (known entity) than a higher ceiling but much lower floor of a rookie pick. I understand rookie lottery tickets, but the fear of most rookies possibly doing nothing but being on special teams leads me to draft known players more often.

In a Survivor format like this, I much prefer the probable higher floor of a vet (known entity) than a higher ceiling but much lower floor of a rookie pick. I understand rookie lottery tickets, but the fear of most rookies possibly doing nothing but being on special teams leads me to draft known players more often.
I'd say that I'd like to have at least one of each at RB, but you have to notice how often rookie RBs do contribute Year 1.Ideally I'd have a David Wilson for every John Kuhn type.

I understand the thinking...but the rookies always felt over-valued. The long shots available in the last couple rounds will be taken late on day 3 or not at all. The 1/2 round rookies were all gone long before the viable fantasy starter vets were gone.Over-valued, IMO. There was a sweet spot in the draft (11-14th rounds) where it made sense to take one or two, but that's also where guys on the ends had to be real careful about DST, PK, and TE2 runs.

I almost never draft rookies in the 18 rders(other than the top 2 at each position) but after round 20 i saw no other option at wr. because this goes 24 there were many more rookies taken.

I understand the thinking...but the rookies always felt over-valued. The long shots available in the last couple rounds will be taken late on day 3 or not at all. The 1/2 round rookies were all gone long before the viable fantasy starter vets were gone.Over-valued, IMO. There was a sweet spot in the draft (11-14th rounds) where it made sense to take one or two, but that's also where guys on the ends had to be real careful about DST, PK, and TE2 runs.
:goodposting:

'Fiddles said:
I almost never draft rookies in the 18 rders(other than the top 2 at each position) but after round 20 i saw no other option at wr. because this goes 24 there were many more rookies taken.
In an 18 rounder I like to get 1-2 rookies, ended up with 5 in this draft but I only took one in the top 16 rounds. I like using the later rounds as mix of dependable vets and high ceiling players. Like grabbing a Davone Bess type who I think I can count on to contribute and mix in a rookie who I view as high upside. The draft does not always work out that way but that's the ideal way I'd like them to go for me.I think it was Renesauz who mentioned he felt rookies were overvalued and most of the late round picks were going to be late day 3 picks, if at all. I feel just about the opposite. I felt the value in the later rounds was at the rookie spots. I don't know where these guys are actually going to be drafted but using the latest NFL.com 7 round mock as the best guide I can come up the latest expected draft spot for any rookie I selected was Pead, who I took in the 17th round, going in the back portion of the third.Other rookies and projected draft slot per this mock(which I'm only referencing because it's the only 7 rounder I know)18th round: Reuben Randel- projected high second19th round- Ryan Tannehill- projected top 1024th round- Brandon Weeden- high secondI understand the QB position is a little different. You either win the job or you don't contribute so despite the lofty draft status of Tannehill and Weeden they will both be worthless until or if they win the starting job. But if you look at the other veteran QB's chosen in the same area as these guys I'd have to say I feel a lot better about the chances of these two to see the field than most of them. That's why I'd say I saw value later in the rooks versus the veterans.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Bill Parcells sleeper pick on his Draft Confidential show tonight: Cody Pearcy WR/Huntingdon (Ala) College. Guy looked super quick.

:thumbup:

The interesting thing about the 'devaluation' of RBs in the draft... guys getting drafted in Rds 4 and on.... doesn't really matter. They still get shots in camp to be contributors, especially in today's RBBC NFL. If you get a goal line type guy (big pounder bdetween the tackles) you have a good shot at a contributor. What I'd worry about are scat backs and pass catchers. Rookies who can't do blitz pickup don't get on the field (or else get a guy like Romo killed on National TV....)

For me, RBs went earlier than expected in this draft. I knew I was attacking RB last, but guys I expected in later rounds continued to get snached before I even considered them. I remained pretty solid and didn't reach too much or too badly, but my end results are also pretty slim.

With that said, I'll take 4 proven NFL guys over people who don't even know what team they'll play for and with zero NFL snaps under their belt. With the exception of a few guys like Richardson (to the Browns), you don't even know if the guys will start. NO RB Mark Ingram is the perfect 2011 example.

All these rookie picks seem driven by Cam fever, yet most will yield little.

'ShadowMaster said:
For me, RBs went earlier than expected in this draft. I knew I was attacking RB last, but guys I expected in later rounds continued to get snached before I even considered them. I remained pretty solid and didn't reach too much or too badly, but my end results are also pretty slim.With that said, I'll take 4 proven NFL guys over people who don't even know what team they'll play for and with zero NFL snaps under their belt. With the exception of a few guys like Richardson (to the Browns), you don't even know if the guys will start. NO RB Mark Ingram is the perfect 2011 example.All these rookie picks seem driven by Cam fever, yet most will yield little.
I'm kind of on board with this approach and Ingram was a big part of that....each time I thought about taking one, the way things shook down with him kept creeping into my mind and affected my decision...I do think that sometimes guys in these go for shock value and kind of like to call their shot by taking a rook RB....not sure how often that works out...

'ShadowMaster said:
For me, RBs went earlier than expected in this draft. I knew I was attacking RB last, but guys I expected in later rounds continued to get snached before I even considered them. I remained pretty solid and didn't reach too much or too badly, but my end results are also pretty slim.With that said, I'll take 4 proven NFL guys over people who don't even know what team they'll play for and with zero NFL snaps under their belt. With the exception of a few guys like Richardson (to the Browns), you don't even know if the guys will start. NO RB Mark Ingram is the perfect 2011 example.All these rookie picks seem driven by Cam fever, yet most will yield little.
Waiting on RB is fine, but the 6th is far too long imo. You have 2 guys that will get regular work (both in a major time share)imo and they share the same bye. GL with those 4 DST's though!

'ShadowMaster said:
With that said, I'll take 4 proven NFL guys over people who don't even know what team they'll play for and with zero NFL snaps under their belt.
I'm sure you would but the 4 RB's you chose don't fit that bill. At absolute best you got two proven guys in Wells and Starks who fit that bill. Like the rookies you don't know which team your third RB, Grant, would be play for next year and your 4th RB has not proven anything on the NFL level.

Well, I agree with SM in that I'd rather take known factors (vets) over rookies most of the time. Except maybe in a 24 rounder like PDSL. Rookies are much more "miss" than "hit" than vets, in my opinion. But I will agree that I am WAAAAY too conservative in these leagues, and sometimes going with some rookies is a way to swing for the fences and can win you these leagues.

3.04 QB - Michael Vick, PHI (7)

23.04 QB - Mike Kafka, PHI (7)

6.13 QB - Joe Flacco, BAL (8)

1.04 RB - Shady McCoy, PHI, RB3(7)

8.13 RB - Stevan Ridley, NE, RB34 (9)

9.04 RB - David Wilson, ROOK, RB39 (?)

19.04 RB - Mario Fannin, DEN, RB73 (7)

21.04 RB - Bernard Price, ROOKIE, RB84 (?)

22.13 RB - Cyrus Gray, ROOKIE, RB90 (?)

4.13 WR - Marques Colston, NO (6)

5.04 WR - Stevie Johnson, BUF (8)

7.04 WR - Robert Meachem, SD (7)

12.13 WR - Damian Williams, TEN (11)

16.13 WR - Alshon Jeffery, ROOKIE (?)

18.13 WR - Eddie Royal, SD (7)

20.13 WR - Lee Evans, JAC, WR100 (6)

2.13 TE - Vernon Davis, SF (9)

13.04 TE - Zach Miller, SEA (11)

24.13 TE - Niles Paul, WASH (10)

14.13 - Matt Bryant, ATL, PK (7)

15.04 - Dan Bailey, DAL, PK (5)

10.13 - New England Patriots, D/ST (9)

11.04 - Philadelphia Eagles, D/ST (7)

17.04 - Indianapolis Colts, D/ST (4)

I haven't done mine, but let's start here.....

You have got to love the running QBs in these leagues. Smart move to handcuff Vick as he always seems to miss a few games. Flacco is a solid 2.

Well I like McCoy......

I love your top 2. Colson looks like value at 4.13. Johnson is a playa' I think Meachem will do well in SD as he still has a top QB throwing his way.

The bench seems iffy to me. We have a WR3, a rookie, and 2 guys who played like dirt last year.

24.13 TE - Niles Paul, WASH (10)\

Davis is a stud and those are gold in these leagues. Miller could also bounce back - I considered him for my TE2 as well. Niles Paul must be a friend of yours.

Dome PK, triple D, no bye week issues. Looks good.

Like Sinrman, I'm a conservative in these drafts.... especially early in the year.

Weeks 9 and 10 already look like a bye week disaster.

1.09 D.Brees 6

7.09 M.Sanchez 9

24.08 T.Jackson 11

1 stud QB....now to the backups. Sanchez was 10th last year and I see no reason to just throw him to the bench for Tebow unless something goes way wrong. I really enjoy watching TimmyT win, but I can't just give him this job as Sanchez is much better than Orton. Few redzone steals at worst. TJax was fair last year (20th) in a new system with a torn cheast muscle. I'm not ready to give his job to an understudy with 3 career starts.

6.08 C.Wells 10

8.08 J.Starks 10

18.08 R.Grant ??

19.09 J.McKnight 9

I thought Beanie looked better last year (while Kolb looked bad). He should remain solid to anchor. Starks has 32 career TOUCHES on the bench behind him. He'll get first shot at Grant's work. Rumors have Grant elsewhere. Hoping McKnight gets LT2s work in his 3rd year. Bye week is an issue.

2.08 R.White 7

4.08 P.Harvin 11

5.09 B.Lloyd 9

11.09 J.Jones 10

14.08 M.Thomas 6

22.08 B.Gibson 9

23.09 "85" 9

I focused on and love my top 3. Jones should take Driver's work (who should retire) and continue to produce in the GB juggernaught. Thomas is a WR1 who gets targets so he is a solid WR5. Gibson is a fair producer for the Rams who I hope will breakout under Fisher. If the pats still felt Chad85 still has some game left, then so do I (in round 23 anyway)

3.09 J.Finley 10

17.09 B.Watson 10

20.08 O.Charles 8

1 stud and..... the underappreciated Watson who saw 71 targets last year in the struggling Cleveland O. Few more TDs, some accuracy from McCoy, and it's a respectable year. Charles is an "highly-rated" unknown. I hate rookie TEs and this one may start suspended, but I was out of ideas.

12.08 D.Akers 9

13.09 S.Gostkowski 9

21.09 B.Walsh 11

9.09 Pittsburgh 4

10.08 Baltimore 8

15.09 Miami 7

16.08 Cleveland 10

2 solid kickers and I get the bye week slap. Hopefully the Georgia Bulldog lands a quick job and contributes for me.

Mark my words, if I win this thing then next year the 4TeamD strategy will be all the rage.

Looking forward to watching it all play out!

9.04 RB - David Wilson, NYG, RB39 (11)

First rookie pick is in for me.... Wilson is a Giant. Solid landing spot and bye week helps at Wk 11.

You have got to love the running QBs in these leagues. Smart move to handcuff Vick as he always seems to miss a few games. Flacco is a solid 2.

Well I like McCoy......

I love your top 2. Colson looks like value at 4.13. Johnson is a playa' I think Meachem will do well in SD as he still has a top QB throwing his way.

The bench seems iffy to me. We have a WR3, a rookie, and 2 guys who played like dirt last year.

Davis is a stud and those are gold in these leagues. Miller could also bounce back - I considered him for my TE2 as well. Niles Paul must be a friend of yours.

I agree with your assessment (aside from the Niles Paul comment, :lmao: .... I hope you're just not up on the "news" that the Redskins moved him to TE and he's a former WR - basically that's a pass-catching TE spot for a team likely to both cut Cooley and with Fred Davis having a strike / 4-game suspension under his belt. As my last pick, I'll take a big flyer on a TE3.....RB and WR depth are legit concerns. You always have some in these. If Wilson solidifies my RB depth as the GL guy for the Giants (at a minimum of what he can add to NY offense) then I'm fine there. WR4+ are thin now that I look harder, but all I need are a few TDs here and there and some PPR love for Royal. Damian Williams might have took a step back with Kendall Wright in TEN (a reach IMHO - they didn't need WR help, especially in Rd 1). Evans also takes a big step back too. That said, all my WR4+ (aside from Royal) have big play / go deep for a long TD potential here and there. That's good enough to throw in a decent WR3 score now and then.

It'll be fun to see where the rest of my rooks land

First rookie pick is in for me.... Wilson is a Giant. Solid landing spot and bye week helps at Wk 11.
Rookies left:21.04 RB - Bernard Price, ROOKIE, RB84 (?)

Well I like McCoy......

I agree with your assessment (aside from the Niles Paul comment, :lmao: .... I hope you're just not up on the "news" that the Redskins moved him to TE and he's a former WR - basically that's a pass-catching TE spot for a team likely to both cut Cooley and with Fred Davis having a strike / 4-game suspension under his belt. As my last pick, I'll take a big flyer on a TE3.....RB and WR depth are legit concerns. You always have some in these. If Wilson solidifies my RB depth as the GL guy for the Giants (at a minimum of what he can add to NY offense) then I'm fine there. WR4+ are thin now that I look harder, but all I need are a few TDs here and there and some PPR love for Royal. Damian Williams might have took a step back with Kendall Wright in TEN (a reach IMHO - they didn't need WR help, especially in Rd 1). Evans also takes a big step back too. That said, all my WR4+ (aside from Royal) have big play / go deep for a long TD potential here and there. That's good enough to throw in a decent WR3 score now and then.

It'll be fun to see where the rest of my rooks land
I don't know that that is always the case.

'Jeff Pasquino said:
I felt that was an average landing spot for Wilson. Probably good in the sense he has a good chance to contribute some weeks but not ideal in that Bradshaw is clearly 1A and they seem to be in favor of at least a 2 man attack. Not a bad spot, just ok. I had my 3 rookie QB's go last night. RG3 was known and Tannehill was almost a sure thing but nice to get confirmation. Also on Tannehill I think he takes the field well before most people think, like opening day. I keep hearing him called a project because he only started 19 games. Maybe but that's 5 more than Cam Newton started in his major college career and Tannehill gets the benefit of a full off season working with his coaches, one of which happens to be his college coach so he's going to know the terminology and have a built in comfort level. Weeded was the pleasant surprise last night and I'm going to say it right now, as a 24th round pick looking a potential SOD. I'm not surprised the Browns took him so much as that they took him in the first and than quickly all but said the job is his. Rookie or not you get a teams starting QB in the 24th round of a draft like this and it's value.

Updated with byes:

QB-RG3- 10

QB-Matt Cassell-7

QB-Ryan Tannehill-? Chance he ends up on Chiefs or shares same bye week since Miami has that week. Unless the Browns are putting out a giant smoke screen little chance he shares bye with RG3.

QB-Brandon Weeden- ?

Ok, 3 rookies and sub-par QB who has an outside chance of losing his job to Tannehill. I don't expect a lot of love from others at this position but I don't think it's going to hurt me. I can't plan on Tannehill or Weeden starting to begin the year but chances are they start at some time. I don't have a proven stud but I've got a big upside guy in RG3 and a lot of numbers. RG3's upside makes me not want to put any limits on this group but even if he's merely ok I think I've got enough numbers to finish middle of the pack at the position but I suspect most would rate this group at or near the bottom of the league.

RB-DMAC/Goodson- 5

RB-Chris Johnson- 11

RB-Isiah Pead- ?

RB-Danny Ware-11

RB-Baron Batch-4

I'm biased of course but I'd take my top two over any top two in the league. A lot of you are down on DMAC due to the injury history but I think Goodson goes a long way towards helping alleviate that issue. After those two can't count on a thing. Pead is one of those supposed draft day risers but like most of the rookie RB's need to see where he goes and what kind of role he projects towards having. Giants probably draft a back to compete with Ware and Scott for backup duties behind Bradshaw. Not expecting much but if Bradshaw breaks down and they don't bring in a premium pick it's worth a gamble or at least hope Ware can get enough work as a backup to contribute some weeks. I actually like Ware less than Batch, who I just thought I could get later. Batch is a high upside guy who should have a role but he's also going to be a first year player coming off an ACL so while I have a lot of hope for his upside I know it's nothing I can count on at this time. In the end a top heavy RB group but after investing my top two picks that's pretty much how I had to play it. Can't stress enough how key getting Goodson was for me as I don't think Taiwan Jones is more than a 6-8 touch per game player at best so I don't feel like I'm dead in the water if DMAC goes down but I might be if CJ does.

WR-Mike Wallace- 4

WR-Demaryius Thomas-7

WR-Jeremy Maclin- 7

WR-Davone Bess- 7

WR- Golden Tate-11

WR-Rueben Randel-? (hope not a team that plays in week7)

WR-Chaz Schilens- 9

Except for week 7 I love the group. Not much to add on Wallace and by now we now he's returning to Pittsburgh. I've seen discussions on this board in other forums debating Decker vs Thomas and I think it's insane. I'd peg Decker as a break out player so I'm with folks on that but Thomas already broke out. And he did so with possibly the worst throwing NFL QB of our generation and while working his way back from one of the most difficult injuries a player can return from. He finished the last 7 games of the year, counting the playoffs, averaging over 100 yards a game. During that time, also known as when he got healthy, he was also consistent with just one sub 10 point game and 2 sub 15 point games over the final 7 games. Now he's healthy and had Peyton throwing him the ball. I get the injury history with this guy but if he's healthy he's going to dominate. Maclin started the year recovering from mono, got banged up later in the year and the Eagles in general were a mess but he still had a solid year and should rebound. Bess is at worse capable of some solid weeks but he might the most targeted WR in Miami and could easily return to his 70-80 catch guy he was the previous two seasons. Tate came on strong last year and might be able to crack the lineup even if Rice stays healthy. Randel is being talked about a late first round pick but he's young and we'll have to see where he goes. Schilens is an old favorite of mine despite letting me down every year and probably will again. If not for the week 7 byes I probably end my WR picks after Randel.

TE-Jared Cook-11

TE-Brent Celek- 7

TE-Rob Housler- 10

Cook and Celek are two players who had strong second halfs. In Cooks case he also did that in 2010 and flopped the early part of 2011 so there is that concern but I do think it's different this time. I may not have a uber stud here but I like having at least two strong options as I've noticed the past few seasons the TE position is actually rivaling the RB position as the most injury prone in the NFL. Housler is one of my big break out players, a guy I own in most of my Dynasty leagues. I've gone back and watched every target of his last season and if he could have just held onto the ball I think the perception of him would be wildly different. Than of course he got hurt for the majority of the rest of the season. What I saw when I watched his targets was a guy who was to fast for LB's and to big for players in the secondary. Most relevant NFL TE's broke out or enjoyed sizable production increases in year two. It's always possible the Cards keeps Heap who will likely get injured but it could keep the Housler break out from happening in 2012 which is why I'd have liked to get Heap but my guess is they cut Heap and Housler becomes the primary pass catching TE for the Cards.

D-Lions- 5

D-Packers-10

Not to much to say here, really good combo and they don't share a bye week or have a bye in the dreaded week 7 and I also don't own any other players from these two teams.

K- Gould-6

K- Lindell-8

If Lindell keeps the job as I suspect than good enough and again similar to the D's they don't share bye weeks, don't have bye's in week 7 when my team is decimated and I don't have other players from these teams which I find to be a plus.

All in all I really like the team but I do know surviving week 7 is going to tough, assuming of course I'm alive entering week 7.

Thanks for all the work those of you put into this. Fun and educational draft. This draft also helped add some extra excitement to me for the NFL draft as I'll be curious to see were Tannehill, Weeden, Randel and Pead end up.
Alright, all my 5 rookies were drafted and I think it worked out pretty well.

Mentioned the QB's in an earlier post but the bye weeks work fine between the 4 of them. I have a chance, if all 4 QB's are playing, to have two weeks with 2 QB's and 4 QB's every other week.

Pead going to St.Louis is a more than solid landing spot I like for him and comes with a nice week 9 bye. Also means he won't be going to Pittsburgh to compete with Baron Batch.

Randel fell a lot in the draft but his landing spot with the Giants is good, especially coming on the heels of Cruz's comments that he would continue to see time at the slot. Bye week also worked out quite well.

Also kind of like the draft for Schilens. Hill has high upside but should be more of a project so Schilens should see a better chance to get on the field than had the Jets acquired a more polished WR.

'Jeff Pasquino said:

21.04 RB - Bernard Pierce, BAL, RB84 (8)

16.13 WR - Alshon Jeffery, CHI (6)

Rookies left:21.04 RB - Bernard Pierce, BAL, RB84 (8)

Rounds 2 and 3 complete. Pierce now RB2 behind Ray Rice. Jeffery now a Bear.My WRs could be a little light in Week 6.

22.13 RB - Cyrus Gray, KC, RB90 (7)

Rookies left:21.04 RB - Bernard Pierce, BAL, RB84 (8)

Rounds 2 and 3 complete. Pierce now RB2 behind Ray Rice. Jeffery now a Bear.My WRs could be a little light in Week 6.
Day three sees Gray go to KC. At least he was drafted :) He didn't add much to the list here but I'm happy with Wilson, Pierce and Jeffery.

Ok, I'll give you a review now that your team looks set:QB- I'm a big Vick fan and think he's good for another big season. At the time getting Kafka was the right move and what I'd have done as well but even than I felt he was far from certain to be the backup. I feel even less of those chances now but even feeling less I'd still place him as the odds on favorite, it's just no guarantee. This of course makes Vick staying healthy possibly far more paramount to your teams ability to stay in the hunt as Flacco would be tough over any long stretch as a single QB. Vick's injury history is a little exaggerated but admittedly higher than most and as long as he's healthy you'll be good here.

RB-I've got to say it's tough to evaluate this group right now.I take Mccoy over every RB but Arian Foster and a case can be made he should be RB1. You stockpiled some talented players. I suppose with the throw enough darts and something will hit strategy in mind. Gray is a bit of a longshot but the other 4 have absolute legit shots to obtain usable roles. They are also are all 4 guys who would could be distant second or third on the depth chart and contribute very rarely and minimally many weeks. Very difficult to get a handle on RB's 2-5 right now but if I'm taking my best guess I say you get enough contribution fromm this group and end up posting solid enough RB2 numbers most weeks with upside for more. Other than health what happens here is what I believe to be the key to your teams fortunes.

WR- Nice top 2 and Meachem should be a solid third WR but not a consistent one which could be key because I'm not loving the rest of the group. At this point I consider Jeffrey your #4. He had a nice landing spot but he's a rookie so lot's of unknown. Williams took a big hit. I really liked your Lee Evans pick at the time but his value has been hammered. I'm not a big believe in to much of a rebound year from Eddie Royal but right now I'd consider him the best bet to be your 5th WR. Going to need Colston, Johnson to stay healthy and consistent and someone to step up the weeks Meachem disappears.

TE- Vernon came on like gangbusters last year. Lot's of new toys on a ball control type team so some concern he could get lost in the shuffle some games but he's easily the most dangerous receiving target on that team. Zach Miller can't do worse and really like his chances of at least a decent rebound with Flynn at QB. I'll define decent as 40+catches and 5-6 TD's, just don't think he's used in a role to go to much past that. I think when the season starts you are a two TE team after the Redskins give up on the trying to create a spot for Niles Paul.

K's-Two absolute starters and both project as above average types.

D's- Having 3 is very good but the first two are so good I think any help from Colts will be minimal. Eagles and Pats are both stock way up after this draft.

Final result- I hope you are alive in week 7 because that's a week my team is decimated and so are you. Your team is not what I would term weak at any position but the only position I would consider to be very strong is the defense. I'd almost label the QB's a strength because I'm so high on Vick but I'd like it better if you had a higher upside backup or third starter. Ton's of questions at RB and WR depth looks shaky but if some of those issues work out team should stay competitive.

(11) Eli Manning, NYG, QB7

(9) Sam Bradford, STL, QB19

(8) Ray Rice, BAL, RB2

(6) DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB29

(9) Shane Vereen, NE, RB49

(4) Delone Carter, INDY, RB58

(7) Ronnie Hillman, DEN, RB82

(10) Brandon Saine, GB, RB92

(6) Brandon Marshall, CHI, WR10

(6) Steve Smith, CAR, WR22

(10) Greg Little, CLE, WR47

(7) Jonathan Baldwin, KC, WR54

(9) Steve Smith, STL, WR72

(10) Early Doucet, AZ, WR88

(8) Mohamed Sanu, CIN, WR91

(11) Jerrel Jernigan, NYG, WR102

(10) Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR127

(10) Fred Davis, WASH, TE11

(5) Kellen Winslow, TB, TE18

(7) Ladarius Green, SD, TE45

(8) Mike Nugent, CIN, PK23

(5) Connor Barth, TB, PK24

(11) Seattle Seahawks, D/ST16

(7) Kansas City Chiefs, D/ST18

The rookie draft is over and I feel good where most of my rookies ended up at. Ronnie Hillman landed in a good spot and could help to produce some, Mohamed Sanu was also drafted into a good spot and could help contribute right away also. Ladarius Green didn't get drafted into the most ideal spot, he will be sitting behind Gates in SD, but if Gates does get dinged up again then I could get some decent production from him. I wasn't expecting much out of the rookies I drafted, especially considering that I drafted all of them late in the draft, but I'm excited in the fact that I think they will be able to contribute some this year.

Ok, I'll give you a review now that your team looks set:QB- I'm a big Vick fan and think he's good for another big season. At the time getting Kafka was the right move and what I'd have done as well but even than I felt he was far from certain to be the backup. I feel even less of those chances now but even feeling less I'd still place him as the odds on favorite, it's just no guarantee. This of course makes Vick staying healthy possibly far more paramount to your teams ability to stay in the hunt as Flacco would be tough over any long stretch as a single QB. Vick's injury history is a little exaggerated but admittedly higher than most and as long as he's healthy you'll be good here.

RB-I've got to say it's tough to evaluate this group right now.I take Mccoy over every RB but Arian Foster and a case can be made he should be RB1. You stockpiled some talented players. I suppose with the throw enough darts and something will hit strategy in mind. Gray is a bit of a longshot but the other 4 have absolute legit shots to obtain usable roles. They are also are all 4 guys who would could be distant second or third on the depth chart and contribute very rarely and minimally many weeks. Very difficult to get a handle on RB's 2-5 right now but if I'm taking my best guess I say you get enough contribution fromm this group and end up posting solid enough RB2 numbers most weeks with upside for more. Other than health what happens here is what I believe to be the key to your teams fortunes.

WR- Nice top 2 and Meachem should be a solid third WR but not a consistent one which could be key because I'm not loving the rest of the group. At this point I consider Jeffrey your #4. He had a nice landing spot but he's a rookie so lot's of unknown. Williams took a big hit. I really liked your Lee Evans pick at the time but his value has been hammered. I'm not a big believe in to much of a rebound year from Eddie Royal but right now I'd consider him the best bet to be your 5th WR. Going to need Colston, Johnson to stay healthy and consistent and someone to step up the weeks Meachem disappears.

TE- Vernon came on like gangbusters last year. Lot's of new toys on a ball control type team so some concern he could get lost in the shuffle some games but he's easily the most dangerous receiving target on that team. Zach Miller can't do worse and really like his chances of at least a decent rebound with Flynn at QB. I'll define decent as 40+catches and 5-6 TD's, just don't think he's used in a role to go to much past that. I think when the season starts you are a two TE team after the Redskins give up on the trying to create a spot for Niles Paul.

K's-Two absolute starters and both project as above average types.

D's- Having 3 is very good but the first two are so good I think any help from Colts will be minimal. Eagles and Pats are both stock way up after this draft.

Final result- I hope you are alive in week 7 because that's a week my team is decimated and so are you. Your team is not what I would term weak at any position but the only position I would consider to be very strong is the defense. I'd almost label the QB's a strength because I'm so high on Vick but I'd like it better if you had a higher upside backup or third starter. Ton's of questions at RB and WR depth looks shaky but if some of those issues work out team should stay competitive.
Solid assessment and writeup. Thanks. :thumbup: I hope we square off in Week 7 :)

PRE KICKOFF ANALYSIS

1.09 D.Brees 6

7.09 M.Sanchez 9

24.08 T.Jackson 11

1 stud QB....now to the backups. Opps - sorry, you'll probably not have one soon. Go Brees!

6.08 C.Wells 10

8.08 J.Starks 10

18.08 R.Grant ??

19.09 J.McKnight 9

What a pile of dung this group turned out to be. Saying I NEED the Arizona ground game may as well be wishing for my lotto numbers. FAT CHANCE!

2.08 R.White 7

4.08 P.Harvin 11

5.09 B.Lloyd 9

11.09 J.Jones 10

14.08 M.Thomas 6

22.08 B.Gibson 9

23.09 "85" 9

Top 3 still look good, but the depth is gone, gone, gone.

3.09 J.Finley 10

17.09 B.Watson 10

20.08 O.Charles 8

1 decent option and..... not.... much

12.08 D.Akers 9

13.09 S.Gostkowski 9

21.09 B.Walsh 11

9.09 Pittsburgh 4

10.08 Baltimore 8

15.09 Miami 7

16.08 Cleveland 10

Great utility and depth, but WHO CARES. Thank heavens I don't have a Sig bet on this group, because this team is solid contender for a first week exit.

Users who are viewing this thread