What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Boller as a start in your championship game? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
The kid has looked fantastic the past two weeks (against admittedly crappy defenses) and is playing another crappy defense @ CLE this week. Is anyone contemplating plugging him in for the final game?I am. As a Manning/Hasselbeck/Bulger/etc. owner (i.e., a top QB who won't help us this week), I think anyone would be wise to consider him. I plugged in Garrard last week (something else I never thought I would do in a critical game) and he served me damn well (nice call FBG). What sorts of waiver QBs are folks looking at this week, and what do we think of Boller?

I'm also going with Boller this week.I have been riddled with injuries at QB this year.I have watched both Raven games the past two weeks and Boller looks much improved and Heap,Mason and Clayton are making plays for him :thumbup: Hopefully we can get one more good week out of him

I'm also going with Boller this week.I have been riddled with injuries at QB this year.I have watched both Raven games the past two weeks and Boller looks much improved and Heap,Mason and Clayton are making plays for him :thumbup:

Hopefully we can get one more good week out of him
I admittedly watched neither game, but from the highlights and analysis I've seen on Sportscenter and NFL Network, it sounds as though Boller is now taking a lot more chances than he did in the past, and is going deep for the big plays (which his WRs are making for him). He is now apparently less tentative and much more calm out there under pressure (and apparently his Oline is doing a much better job in pass protection).If it continues, CLE is a great place for it to happen -- hell. the Steelers put up 41 points against them this week. I guess the concern is that, if he is really taking chances now, perhaps there is the potential for it to turn ugly and result in a 0 TD, 3 INT performance, something that would spell instant death to those of us in week 2 of a closely-matched 2-week championship.

:shrug:

Well I lost Mcnair last week to injury he killed me... so now I am contemplating starting Boller.I picked up boller and martin and can't decide who to go with.I am also scared of him throwing a few picks and zero td's in the finale.Cle D vs the pass is #6 per Fanball which is weird to see....

Since I have no faith in Plummer playing significant time and since Garrard might not play much either - Boller is my last optionHonestly never would have thought he would end up being my choice over two other qbs...

This is why QB's have little value in FF (most of the time).Our championship game this week has these QB's starting:Me: Brett FavreHim: Kyle Boller

This is why QB's have little value in FF (most of the time).

Our championship game this week has these QB's starting:

Me: Brett Favre

Him: Kyle Boller
haha, nice - I have to chose between Mcnair, Garrard and Leftwhich... my opponent? McCown.Good times!

I'm deciding between picking up Gerrard, Carr, Boller or starting Favre. Favre has had negative points in our league for five straight weeks. I'd like to think that he would do well in "potentially his last game," but he hasn't done well in "potentially his last Monday night game," "his last Sunday night game," etc. I don't think he controls whether he plays well or not.

Well I lost Mcnair last week to injury he killed me... so now I am contemplating starting Boller.

I picked up boller and martin and can't decide who to go with.

I am also scared of him throwing a few picks and zero td's in the finale.

Cle D vs the pass is #6 per Fanball which is weird to see....
I would definitely be starting Boller over Martin. I have at least some other decent options (Delhomme, Bledsoe, etc.)

I'm deciding between picking up Gerrard, Carr, Boller or starting Favre. Favre has had negative points in our league for five straight weeks. I'd like to think that he would do well in "potentially his last game," but he hasn't done well in "potentially his last Monday night game," "his last Sunday night game," etc. I don't think he controls whether he plays well or not.
both of Seattle's starting DB's are out for the game.

Thanks, I hadn't focused on that. I'm afraid Favre will find someone else to throw an INT to!

I'm still deciding between Carr and Boller.

YIKES.
Exact same boat here Workhorse.Me: Carr or Boller...

My Opponent: Just picked up Kelly Holcomb for his Championship QB...

Gotta love Wk 17!

Edit: BTW, I'm leaning towards Carr against a soft SF defense today.... yesterday I was leaning towards the "Hot Hand" in Boller.... who knows what the weekend will bring. Coin Flip time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I lost Mcnair last week to injury he killed me... so now I am contemplating starting Boller.

I picked up boller and martin and can't decide who to go with.

I am also scared of him throwing a few picks and zero td's in the finale.

Cle D vs the pass is #6 per Fanball which is weird to see....
I would definitely be starting Boller over Martin. I have at least some other decent options (Delhomme, Bledsoe, etc.)
I started Boller over Martin in a championship game last week. :thumbup: :wub: Boller :wub:

This is why QB's have little value in FF (most of the time).

Our championship game this week has these QB's starting:

Me: Brett Favre

Him: Kyle Boller
Well, that or Week 17 fantasy championship games. (If Boller was his starting QB for the whole season, then I stand corrected).

I'm in three title games this week...One I am picking up Boller and starting him over BJohnson/CSimmsThe other I've been playing him the last three weeks, other QB is HolcombThe other waivers go tonight, my QB is Hasselbeck, aiming for Boller/McCown/Martin

I may start Boller, depending upon Carson Palmer's status for Week 17. The game DOES mean something for Cincinnati, since they don't want to risk falling to the 4th seed in the playoffs, which puts them in the Colts playoff bracket. for Round 2 (assuming they win Round 1). If Palmer plays the whole game against the Chiefs, he could certainly ring up the numbers. But I'd feel comfortable with Boller against the Browns. He's been great as of late, playing for his job.

Thanks, I hadn't focused on that. I'm afraid Favre will find someone else to throw an INT to!
Favre has been painful to watch. Don't follow the Packers very closely but how likely is it they play the rookie again in a meaningless game?

I own Mark Clayton in a dynasty and was glad to watch a couple Raven games in prime time. Looks like they're balancing that offense and with Heap, Mason and Clayton, the opportunity is there for Boller to succeed.After some reservation, I actually started Clayton instead of Randy Moss through my play-offs and Clayton proved to be the better play.

I had the opportunity to put Boller under my microscope this past week. I did the Baltimore game report.Boller throws a very nice ball when he gets a chance to step into his throws. Very compact and tight delivery. Obvious indicator of the Tedford coaching. Ball didn't need to go through a long throwing motion. Ball on ear. Ball gone. The key for Boller is time and space. If he has much of a rush around him its all over. Accuracy and decision skills go out the window. Also, he doesn't seem to have that sixth sense for feeling the pressure and moving well in the pocket. That said, I think he's getting better, but not much better than we can expect a young quarterback to get with more and more starts. Will he steadily improve? I have my doubts. He didn't see much of a pass rush the last two weeks.There was a throw that stood out in my mind watching Peyton Manning during the San Diego game two weeks ago. He took a huge hit in the chest just as he as releasing a pass to Reggie Wayne. Perfect strike. Manning was on his back moments later and in pain. This is the sign of a top flight NFL quarterback. I haven't seen anything remotely close to this from Boller.Edit: I should also note that I think he has top of the line receivers in Mason, Clayton, and Heap. That's a talented trio. Good enough to win a lot of games with the right QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started Boller the last three weeks; over that time he's the #4 QB by FBG scoring. He's still top-5 if you project back to the last five weeks. I don't see any reason to sit him against a team like Cleveland.

I've started Boller the last three weeks; over that time he's the #4 QB by FBG scoring. He's still top-5 if you project back to the last five weeks. I don't see any reason to sit him against a team like Cleveland.
There is only one reason I can think of -- he is still Kyle Boller. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread