What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Last year's thread] Dynasty IDP rankings? (1 Viewer)

Okay, here's the list I'm drafting from. It's based mainly on paper - production vs. age, with not much of a consideration of true talent.

LB

Bulluck, Keith TEN LB

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB

Spikes, Takeo BUF LB

Peterson, Mike JAC LB

Lewis, Ray BAL LB

Arrington

Williams, D.J. DEN LB

Urlacher, Brian CHI LB

Barnett, Nick GBP LB

Witherspoon, Will CAR LB

Brooking, Keith ATL LB

Farrior, James PIT LB

Edwards, Donnie SDC LB

Morgan, Dan CAR LB

Fletcher, London BUF LB

Sharper, Jamie HOU LB

Briggs, Lance CHI LB

Davis, Andra CLE LB

Peterson, Julian SFO LB

Pierce, Antonio WAS LB

Clark, Danny OAK LB

Fujita, Scott KCC LB

Hartwell, Ed FA LB

DL

Peppers, Julius CAR DE

Grant, Charles NOS DE

Schobel, Aaron BUF DE

Abraham, John NYJ DE

Freeney, Dwight IND DE

Kerney, Patrick ATL DE

Suggs, Terrell BAL LB

Smith, Justin CIN DE

Smith, Will NOS DE

Mathis, Robert IND DE

Umenyiora, Osi NYG DE

Taylor, Jason MIA DE

Berry, Bert ARI DE

Howard, Darren NOS DE

Hall, James DET DE

Udeze, Kenechi MIN DE

Kelsay, Chris BUF DE

Brown, Alex CHI DE

Kearse, Jevon PHI DE

Ogunleye, Adewale CHI DE

Hayward, Reggie JAX DE

Allen, Jared KCC DE

Weaver, Anthony BAL DE

DB

Reed, Edward BAL S

Polamalu, Troy PIT S

Taylor, Sean WAS S

Scott, Bryan ATL S

Wilson, Adrian ARI S

Williams, Madieu CIN S

Coleman, Erik NYJ S

Williams, Roy DAL S

Wilson, Gibril NYG S

Kiel, Terrance SDC S

Hamlin, Ken SEA S

Harrison, Rodney NEP S

Lewis, Michael PHI S

Sharper, Darren GBP S

Archuleta, Adam STL S

Wesley, Greg KCC S

Smith, Dwight TBB S

Sanders, Bob IND S

Doss, Michael IND S

Williams, Tank TEN S

Kennedy, Kenoy DET S

Allen, Will TBB S

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB

Brown, Sheldon PHI CB
Funny, I don't have nearly as many on this list, but yet I'm still quite happy with the state of my IDPs.Danny Clark should be in that top list of LBs. Hartwell, I can understand being off as he doesn't have a home yet. As the signings roll in, it's starting to look like SEA or ATL. Both very acceptable options.

I like the growth of my DEs in Hayward and Allen. 10+ sack guys for the foreseeable future.

I missed on many of the big name SS's, but have a solid core in Kennedy, Sanders, & the new guy in TBB, Will Allen. Add 2 outstanding CBs, and I'll be just fine in the secondary.

I will say, with cracKer, Aaron, Spike, Construx, EBF, etc in this draft, It's been hard to get the sleeper you want. All the right guys were being called earlier than indicated my summary of the other Zealot drafts.

For the most part, good drafting by all. Well, except for my 49.07 pick... :excited: :bag:

I will say, with cracKer, Aaron, Spike, Construx, EBF, etc in this draft, It's been hard to get the sleeper you want.
Geez, I feel like Christian Lattener on the Dream Team.....happy just to be mentioned.
For the most part, good drafting by all. Well, except for my 49.07 pick... :excited: :bag:
Well....let's just say that it's more likely that Irving Berlin starts for the Titans this year than Eddie Berlin. :P

Free Leagues suck. I played Zealots yr 1, and was the only undefeated team out of 12 leagues, winning Z7, but just flat out quit as it bored me.

Free Leagues suck. I played Zealots yr 1, and was the only undefeated team out of 12 leagues, winning Z7, but just flat out quit as it bored me.
It sounds like you might have just got into a bad league...Z7 had tons of problems from what I recall.Z10 and KCFA1 (college ball) have been two of the most enjoyable leagues I've ever participated in. I get the feeling Z30 is going to be a very good one as well.Money league or free league really doesn't matter. What matters more to me is how knowledgable and involved all the other owners are.Although I may have a different feeling after I see how my WCOFF team does this year.

Bitter about what. Kicking ### and taking names, and walking away from a joke of a league. Nothing bitter about it. 10 leagues last yr and won 6 of them, made the playoffs in 8, and lost 2 Sbs. I aint got no reason to be bitter.Just statin the obvious free leagues such as Zealots and Yahoo are for chumps who are learning or those who want to feed their ego. I won the Z league I was in, and it was an empty title to say the least.

Bitter about what. Kicking ### and taking names, and walking away from a joke of a league. Nothing bitter about it. 10 leagues last yr and won 6 of them, made the playoffs in 8, and lost 2 Sbs. I aint got no reason to be bitter.

Just statin the obvious free leagues such as Zealots and Yahoo are for chumps who are learning or those who want to feed their ego. I won the Z league I was in, and it was an empty title to say the least.
:thumbdown: Then why keep bringing it up? ZF was not for you -- fine. You went your way, and that's great. No need to continually pop back in to remind us that ZF didn't meet your needs, or that we are chumps for playing there. You have nothing positive or constructive to add, so why bother "contributing" at all?

I'm sure we all have left leagues at one time or another, but I don't see anyone else repeatedly posting negative stuff about the league they dropped or the folks who are still involved in it. We are all aware by now of your stance on ZF, so please drop it here...focus on the leagues you enjoy and let ZF become a dim memory for you.

Yo, Tick.

It's about those ADP's for Zealots Field.

I was plunkin around looking for them...the Z36 just filled and that would be good stuff to know.

Where do the ADP's reside in the Zealot deal?

I'll send you a PM, also.

Added by edit, today at 7:21 AM, MST: I figured it out. :pics:

Details, Danielsan, Details.

Thanks for the NICE INFORMATION

Added by Edit: Today at 8:03 AM, MST: I take that back....I haven't figured it out...the link I found was the information from the 2004 Zealots Field Drafts.

Can you assist with the 2005 version, the one that includes the offensive, and miscellaneous others, side of the ball? :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll put up the ADP info for this year before too long - I was waiting for Z27's draft to finish before finding someone to host the info.

Tick, thanks for the replies

From the looks of it, the Z27 is traveling for a mid-week finish...say Wednesday, 03/23/05.

Will you be able to post in a format that is similar to the 2004 link...where it spits out the ranking overall as well as the ranking within the category?

Or, will the posting be similar to what's above: the sequence within the category but no reference to draft position or the ranking within the category?

The former is a fair amount of work...so thanks, in advance, for compiling this information.

The latter is a lot of work...so thanks for the above, too.

Kirby said he'd host the file again, so all I have to do is send it to him.

The work is all done by Excel already - it'll have the same setup as last year, roughly.

Tick, thanks for the replies

From the looks of it, the Z27 is traveling for a mid-week finish...say Wednesday, 03/23/05.

Will you be able to post in a format that is similar to the 2004 link...where it spits out the ranking overall as well as the ranking within the category?

Or, will the posting be similar to what's above: the sequence within the category but no reference to draft position or the ranking within the category?

The former is a fair amount of work...so thanks, in advance, for compiling this information.

The latter is a lot of work...so thanks for the above, too.

Bump for fun.
I took the ADP from last year and I am plugging in the player rankings from the polls you and OZ have been doing. I'm going to see if it gives me an Idea of what my Z40 draft will look like.example

last year was

RB Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

RB McGahee, Willis BUF RB

RB Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

RB Jones, Kevin DET RB

QB Manning, Peyton IND QB

RB Portis, Clinton WAS RB

RB McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

RB Jones, Julius DAL RB

RB Davis, Domanick HOU RB

RB James, Edgerrin IND RB

RB Jackson, Steven STL RB

QB Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB

this year would be

RB Ladainian Tomlinson

RB Shaun Alexander

RB Larry Johnson

RB Edgerin James

QB Peyton Manning

RB Steven Jackson

RB Willis McGahee

RB Clinton Portis

RB Lamont Jordan

RB Caddillac Williams

RB Ronnie Brown

QB Carson Palmer

I think it should be tweaked a bit - I'd say that Vilma is worth more than any LB was last season, and that no DB is worth what Ed Reed was last season, for example.

I think it should be tweaked a bit - I'd say that Vilma is worth more than any LB was last season, and that no DB is worth what Ed Reed was last season, for example.
with Mangini favoring a switch to a 3-4 defense, I wonder if Vilma's value/production will take a hit next year.

Yup... I'm starting to look at 04's also... there is a pretty big difference for when a position starts to go depending on what they did the season before. QB was higher after Mannings billion TD's. I think WR will start to come off the board higher this year.

with Mangini favoring a switch to a 3-4 defense, I wonder if Vilma's value/production will take a hit next year.
Never seemed to hurt Ray Lewis!That being said, I could see Vilma's tackle numbers go down as they were pretty damn high this year. However I could also see his "big play" numbers go up as he had relatively few sacks and turnovers for a guy who accumulated so many points.

Can Vilma repeat his numbers?Switch to 3-4Barton is backDefense will be on the field less; Offense can't get worse.I think he'll be top 5, but not put up the same numbers.

Can Vilma repeat his numbers?

Switch to 3-4

Barton is back

Defense will be on the field less; Offense can't get worse.

I think he'll be top 5, but not put up the same numbers.
What makes you say this, Dave?

Top-20 Dynasty:

* DB...

1.) Ed Reed

2.) Troy Polamalu

3.) Sean Taylor

4.) Roy Williams

5.) Adam Archuleta

6.) Michael Lewis

7.) Rodney Harrison

8.) Greg Wesley

9.) Bryan Scott

10.) Adrian Wilson

11.) Terrence Kiel

12.) Darren Sharper

13.) Ronde Barber

14.) Ken Hamlin

15.) Brian Dawkins

16.) Tony Parrish

17.) Dunta Robinson

18.) Lawyer Milloy

19.) Gibral Wilson

20.) Bob Sanders

Just missed the cut:  Erik Coleman, Michael Doss, Antoine Winfield, Terrence McGee, Sheldon Brown, Michael Boulware, Jeremetrius Butler, Lito Sheppard, Michael Green

^ DL...

1.) Peppers

2.) Freeney

3.) Abraham

4.) C. Grant

5.) J. Taylor

6.) Kerney

7.) Rice

8.) Kearse

9.) Schobel

10.) J. Smith

11.) Udeze

12.) W. Smith

13.) K. Williams

14.) Seymour

15.) Strahan

16.) Little

17.) Berry

18.) Terrell Suggs

19.) KGB

20.) Howard

Just missed the cut:  Grant Wistrom, James Hall, Shaun Ellis, Greg Ellis, Jared Allen, James Hall, Andre Carter, O-Gun, Chris Kelsey

# LB...

1.) Bulluck

2.) Lewis

3.) M. Peterson

4.) Vilma

5.) Urlacher

6.) Arrington

7.) Spikes

8.) Brooking

9.) Edwards

10.) Farrior

11.) DJ Williams

12.) Z. Thomas

13.) Morgan

14.) Barnett

15.) Fletcher

16.) Sharper

17.) D. Brooks

18.) A. Wilson

19.) EJ Henderson

20.) A. Simmons

Just missed the cut:  Pisa Tinoisomoa, Brian Simmons, Julian Peterson, Teddy Bruschi, Will Witherspoon, Lance Briggs, Eric Barton, Cato June

* I focus more on consistent scoring from the DB position.  Therefore, I value tackles much higher than INT's.  This translates into higher rankings for safeties over corners.

^ Like the scoring system of most DL's in IDP leagues, I focused on "sack" potential as opposed to "tackle" potential.  However, if you're league has little diferential between sacks and tackles, you should sprinkle some DT's like Roderick Coleman, John Henderson, Cornelius Griffin, and Aaron Smith into your rankings.

# I greatly devalue SLB's and pass-rushing LB's in my rankings.  It's very difficult for their lower tackle numbers to compete with the home-run potential of a sack.  Therefore, productive guys like Jerry Porter, Steve Foley, Adalius Thomas, and Kailee Wong miss the cut.
No Odell Thurman?? :eek: Maybe for this year but not last year. Have to remember to check thread date.

Users who are viewing this thread