What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late Round Rookie Prospects (2 Viewers)

It's all about opportunity.  Quite a few of the higher-rated RBs went to contested spots.  Maybe 2 of the better landing spots were Indy where Mack really only has 73-year old Gore in front of him and Washington where Perine only has to beat out Rob Kelly.  I can definitely see Mack going mid-second round.   
Mack seems like a guy whose ADP will be higher than his ranking.  A few rankings I've seen have him closer to the 3.01 range, but I too fully expect his ADP to be mid 2nd.

This will be a rookie draft with a lot of flucuation between late 1sts to early 3rds.  As is often the case in my leagues as tendencies vary quite a bit.

Mack has a great opportunity, but I dont think he will ever be an effective feature back. Maybe he can be the lead guy, but he's probably best off as a second fiddle. 

I only play idp dynasty so when he is going off the board (late 2nd/early 3rd) I'll probably be looking at defenders. Not a bad option, just don't reach. 

It's all about opportunity.  Quite a few of the higher-rated RBs went to contested spots.  Maybe 2 of the better landing spots were Indy where Mack really only has 73-year old Gore in front of him and Washington where Perine only has to beat out Rob Kelly.  I can definitely see Mack going mid-second round.   
Got it.  Talent means nothing in the NFL.  Good call.  I know that's not what you mean, but people pay too much attention to landing spot and don't gauge the value of the actual player far far far too often.  I'm completely on board with you that Indy is a fantastic landing spot but you have to evaluate the talent.  I had him at #35 pre-NFL Draft, and recently moved him up to #29 (which could easily change), so depending on the size of league and how much of a fan of you were before the draft, he's a late 2nd early 3rd.  You're being almost hyper critical of me saying "early 3rd".  There's obviously room to work with as a late 2nd or early 3rd there and we're relatively close on his projection in rookie drafts I think.  

Got it.  Talent means nothing in the NFL.  Good call.  I know that's not what you mean, but people pay too much attention to landing spot and don't gauge the value of the actual player far far far too often.  I'm completely on board with you that Indy is a fantastic landing spot but you have to evaluate the talent.  I had him at #35 pre-NFL Draft, and recently moved him up to #29 (which could easily change), so depending on the size of league and how much of a fan of you were before the draft, he's a late 2nd early 3rd.  You're being almost hyper critical of me saying "early 3rd".  There's obviously room to work with as a late 2nd or early 3rd there and we're relatively close on his projection in rookie drafts I think.  
I didn't advocate picking Mack or Perine over more talented backs but once you get past the top 4-5 RBs there are judgement calls to make.  One thing that can be looked at when making a decision is path to relevance.  I might like Brian Hill better than Mack pre-draft but he's blocked in Atlanta by Freeman and Coleman....like I said, Mack only has a geriatric Gore ahead of him so I would have to move him up.  Mack should go from mid-2nd to mid-3rd depending on format. 

Elijah Hood

NFL.com Draft Profile

Highlight Reel

If you were to rate top end speed of RBs from 0 to 100 this guy would be a -5. That said, this guy is a bit of a "favourite" for me because I love physical runners. Him going to Oakland it a pretty good fit too. Maybe he learns enough from Lynch to make some noise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
By the 2nd round the talent level is pretty well blurred, and situation becomes far more important at this point of the draft.  There isn't going to be a Dalvin Cook at 2.02, so why not take the guy that's only got Gore in his way of 250+ carries and still has enough holes in the roster that RB may not be a big priority to upgrade, in particular if he plays "pretty well".  He's in play as early as 13 for me depending on the league.  He's not going to get to the 3rd in very many drafts.

By the 2nd round the talent level is pretty well blurred, and situation becomes far more important at this point of the draft.  There isn't going to be a Dalvin Cook at 2.02, so why not take the guy that's only got Gore in his way of 250+ carries and still has enough holes in the roster that RB may not be a big priority to upgrade, in particular if he plays "pretty well".  He's in play as early as 13 for me depending on the league.  He's not going to get to the 3rd in very many drafts.
That's fair, and I agree to an extent that by the 2nd rolls around it becomes "take a chance on a guy" time.  I think I'm just trying not to buy into the "situation" argument by too much.  There were lots of guys I liked before that situation became a thing, especially some WR's that I would rather take since their careers are generally longer than RB's.  Kupp, Zones, JuJu, Henderson to name a few.  It's not that I have Mack ranked at #50 or something, he's actually #24 on my board right now, but hearing he's in consideration at #13 is too rich for me to take a guy that is situation dependent instead of talented according to my views on him.  

There's 10 RB's I view as purely more "talented" than Mack, situation dictated that I move him up and pass a few of those, but not enough for him to be considered the RB4 in the draft.  I'd imagine that's the general view if he's being considered at #13 behind Fournette, McCaffrey and Cook.  Countless people on this board have argued that situation vs talent view but I'm going to go with talent more often than not, and I can't let guys like Foreman or Kamara go behind a guy just because he currently doesn't have much competition for carries, when in reality with Mack's lower draft pedigree there's a good chance they take another dart throw or 2 in the future whether he succeeds or not.  

I think I'm just trying not to buy into the "situation" argument by too much.  There were lots of guys I liked before that situation became a thing, especially some WR's that I would rather take since their careers are generally longer than RB's.  Kupp, Zones, JuJu, Henderson to name a few.  It's not that I have Mack ranked at #50 or something, he's actually #24 on my board right now, but hearing he's in consideration at #13 is too rich for me to take a guy that is situation dependent instead of talented according to my views on him.  

There's 10 RB's I view as purely more "talented" than Mack, situation dictated that I move him up and pass a few of those, but not enough for him to be considered the RB4 in the draft.  I'd imagine that's the general view if he's being considered at #13 behind Fournette, McCaffrey and Cook.  Countless people on this board have argued that situation vs talent view but I'm going to go with talent more often than not, and I can't let guys like Foreman or Kamara go behind a guy just because he currently doesn't have much competition for carries, when in reality with Mack's lower draft pedigree there's a good chance they take another dart throw or 2 in the future whether he succeeds or not.  
A players situation is very important. You should not ignore it.

I think I understand what you are saying though, and I think that is where the pre NFL draft evaluation comes in. This would be a talent based ranking in a vacuum and perhaps something to refer back to at times when comparing players purely based on your opinion of their talent. For example if you are comparing two young players who haven't done much (or anything) at the NFL level, then maybe you refer to the talent based ranking to help determine where players stack up against their competition for playing time on their own team.

That said when the NFL drafts players higher than your pre NFL ranking of them, I think it is wise to adjust to that in your talent based ranking. For example in my personal opinion Dalvin Cook is the most talented RB of this draft class, but he wasn't a 1st round pick, so I have to respect that and I rank the 1st round RB ahead of Cook. In my gut though, Cook is still the best RB of this draft. It is kind of a conundrum to me. I have two different ideas that I consider to be valid, but that do not agree with each other.

Comparing the players talent relative to the competition is part of evaluating the players situation. You should consider the type of player they are, how they win, what their role in the offense will be and from that start to form some guesses about what kind of numbers that might be in that role with that team. For example who wins the slot WR role for the Titans? Tajae Sharpe or Taywan Taylor? Can either surpass Rishard Matthews? If so which one? Will that player be effective playing an outside WR role? How soon will they overtake Matthews if one or both of them do?

Having rankings for multiple seasons I think can really help with this. At least it does for me. The combined ranking can show where the players competing for starting position stack up against each other.

Here is an example from an anonymous NFL scout talking about the RB from 2014-2017

I asked an evaluator from an NFL team to check his final grades on recent top running back prospects, dating back to 2014, and then factor in the 2017 class.

1. Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State (2016)2. Leonard Fournette, LSU (2017)3. Dalvin Cook, Florida State (2017)4. Todd Gurley, Georgia (2015)5. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin (2015)6. Joe Mixon, Oklahoma (2017)7. Derrick Henry, Alabama (2016)8. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State (2014)9. Alvin Kamara, Tennessee (2017)10. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford (2017)11. Tre Mason, Auburn (2014)12. Jeremy Hill, LSU (2014)13. Jordan Howard, Indiana (2016)14. Tevin Coleman, Indiana (2015)15. D’Onta Foreman, Texas (2017)
Now these are rankings for the NFL not fantasy. These things are not always the same. So you have to intrepret what the NFL teams will do, and what that means for fantasy, and that requires that you consider the players situation, how much the player can score in fantasy based on that situation, and where those numbers stack up against all of the other players in the NFL.

As a hypothetical scenario, what happens if D'Onta Foreman and Alvin Kamara were drafted to the same team? 

The above ranking says Kamara is a better NFL player than Foreman. If you are in a standard scoring league, it is possible that Foreman is worth more in this situation for that format.  if you are in a PPR league, Kamara might be worth more than Foreman on the same team, Foreman more likely to have short yardage TD value and possibly more carries than Kamara if the team they were both drafted to prefers to run the ball inside. Even so Kamara could score more or similar to Foreman because of the receptions and combined yards. It isn't just a clear definition of one player being ranked (or rated) higher than the other. They are very different players and they have their own unique strengths or talents. So you are comparing Kamaras pass catching skill vs Foreman and Kamara is more talented in this area, while comparing them based on power Foreman should win the roles that require that skill in the offense. It is a marriage of talent to the situation.

You have to consider the situation and talent together. I don't think you can separate these things really, Nor should you. It is all connected.

You have to consider the situation and talent together. I don't think you can separate these things really, Nor should you. It is all connected.
This is where we disagree basically.  And I didn't want to quote your whole reply.  It should be relatively independent of each other because of future competition.  A lower drafted guy is more likely to have more competition in future years, unless they took their shots the years before.  I think the Bears is the perfect example of that.  They took shots on Langford and Carey and people hyped them up as filling a full RB role but then they found Howard and hit on one of those later round picks.  Now I think that situation is relatively stable where Landford and Carey are the competition, but I think it happens this way more often than the other way, where they find their starter first and then add more depth.  It usually takes 2 or 3 tries for you to find a role player let alone a workhorse. That's something I'd be very curious to look into some more actually.

To specifically relate it to Mack, there isn't a lot of competition on that roster, but I tend to think he's the first piece of that backfield, rather than the last piece they needed to fill it out (Jordan Howard).  He also very well could be the next Joseph Addai for the Colts, but I'd shy away from him in the teens due to how talented I viewed him before his landing spot catapulted him up draft boards.  For the same reasons you like to compare Foreman vs Kamara if they were drafted on the same team I'm comparing landing spots and talent.  

Yeah it's connected but it's a piece to the puzzle of figuring out your rankings.  I'm not saying everyone does it this way, it's just my way and I have no idea if it's "right" but I feel like situation shouldn't dictate a ~30 spot climb in rankings.  If you had him at maybe #20 overall then I have no problem with you ranking him in the teens somewhere due to that situation but I don't think that was very many people if at all.  

As for Cook, I'm not a fan of his at all but like you said you have to respect the NFL draft and their "ranking" as the 3rd RB taken in the 2nd round.  Due to talent based on the NFL draft, he's the 3rd most talented guy and his situation isn't horrible and rather encouraging so I'll respect that and keep him as the 4th RB on my board, but I have him ranked lower than most because of the fact I wasn't high on him to begin with.

That's fair, and I agree to an extent that by the 2nd rolls around it becomes "take a chance on a guy" time.  I think I'm just trying not to buy into the "situation" argument by too much.  There were lots of guys I liked before that situation became a thing, especially some WR's that I would rather take since their careers are generally longer than RB's.  Kupp, Zones, JuJu, Henderson to name a few.  It's not that I have Mack ranked at #50 or something, he's actually #24 on my board right now, but hearing he's in consideration at #13 is too rich for me to take a guy that is situation dependent instead of talented according to my views on him.  

The thing is we don't really know how talented any of these guys really are.  Or really are going to be, because they all grow and improve differently.  That's not about you, or Kiper, or John Lynch.  It's how it is (or how it frequently turns out).  At this level they are all the best in the world when they come out of college but it's a crapshoot as to how good they will be in 4 years.  How often does a guy bust, or we see a late rounder light it up and wonder how we missed that or even more often how that guy pulled that off?  Just look at the top of the 2017 startup RB rankings.  Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Devonte Freeman, none were guys that blew us away pre-draft.  The thing all of those guys have in common is they got a ton of work due to competition level.  Where are Gurley's 1500 yard seasons?  How many Pro Bowls has Trent Richardson been in after being drafted 5 years ago (wow)?  We were all shocked how far Ingram fell in his rookie draft, then he went to NOS where we thought he'd be stacking 2000 total yard seasons up, yet here we are.

I do agree with you that transcendent talents that go to bad situations scare me a lot less because I subscribe to the thought that the talent eventually plays out.  Mixon is still my 1.01.  I am still a believer in Gurley and have bought him this offseason.  And Dalvin Cook doesn't scare me one bit and has me scrambling to move to 1.04 in rookie drafts. 

I think that once you get out of the first round or so the draft is a lot more about cashing in on short term success than looking long term.  I'll either ride a guy like Jeremy Hill to a championship if I'm in that window, or I'll flip that guy for a big profit if not, or if I don't think he sustains.  I suppose it depends on league parameters like roster size/taxi spots/salary cap/contracts but for me, I don't have 4-5 years to wait on guys, I have to clear room for the next set of guys coming in.  Even with 50 man roster/taxi leagues (full IDP) I have a ton of future picks just about every year and I don't have roster spots for all of them. 

The thing is we don't really know how talented any of these guys really are.  Or really are going to be, because they all grow and improve differently.  That's not about you, or Kiper, or John Lynch.  It's how it is (or how it frequently turns out).  At this level they are all the best in the world when they come out of college but it's a crapshoot as to how good they will be in 4 years.  How often does a guy bust, or we see a late rounder light it up and wonder how we missed that or even more often how that guy pulled that off?  Just look at the top of the 2017 startup RB rankings.  Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Devonte Freeman, none were guys that blew us away pre-draft.  The thing all of those guys have in common is they got a ton of work due to competition level.  Where are Gurley's 1500 yard seasons?  How many Pro Bowls has Trent Richardson been in after being drafted 5 years ago (wow)?  We were all shocked how far Ingram fell in his rookie draft, then he went to NOS where we thought he'd be stacking 2000 total yard seasons up, yet here we are.

I do agree with you that transcendent talents that go to bad situations scare me a lot less because I subscribe to the thought that the talent eventually plays out.  Mixon is still my 1.01.  I am still a believer in Gurley and have bought him this offseason.  And Dalvin Cook doesn't scare me one bit and has me scrambling to move to 1.04 in rookie drafts. 

I think that once you get out of the first round or so the draft is a lot more about cashing in on short term success than looking long term.  I'll either ride a guy like Jeremy Hill to a championship if I'm in that window, or I'll flip that guy for a big profit if not, or if I don't think he sustains.  I suppose it depends on league parameters like roster size/taxi spots/salary cap/contracts but for me, I don't have 4-5 years to wait on guys, I have to clear room for the next set of guys coming in.  Even with 50 man roster/taxi leagues (full IDP) I have a ton of future picks just about every year and I don't have roster spots for all of them. 
I don't take it personally at all, but the best indication of that talent is the NFL draft, I think we all agree on that right?  And I hate using Mack as a consistent example because I don't want people to take it the wrong way but he's the one that landed in the best spot for any RB arguably.  There were 14 RB's taken ahead of Mack in the NFL draft, that doesn't say super talented to me.  If he blew up the combine or his pro day as a non 1st or 2nd round pick, then I'd be thinking otherwise (David Johnson) but he didn't. 

And to "cashing in on short term success" is definitely something worth considering, but what kind of return are you going to get for paying a high 2nd on someone that doesn't have a strong chance of hitting?  It's not very likely and even if he does do decent does his value really go up by 2x and worth a mid 1st?  I'd actually say no it doesn't move that much for a guy drafted that late.  Crowell would be a guy to compare here as an UDFA but it took him 2-3 years for his value to improve and now you're only buying as a late 1st?  Is a minor bump in value really worth the chance he doesn't hit?  I'd say no.  

I don't take it personally at all, but the best indication of that talent is the NFL draft, I think we all agree on that right?  And I hate using Mack as a consistent example because I don't want people to take it the wrong way but he's the one that landed in the best spot for any RB arguably.  There were 14 RB's taken ahead of Mack in the NFL draft, that doesn't say super talented to me.  If he blew up the combine or his pro day as a non 1st or 2nd round pick, then I'd be thinking otherwise (David Johnson) but he didn't. 

And to "cashing in on short term success" is definitely something worth considering, but what kind of return are you going to get for paying a high 2nd on someone that doesn't have a strong chance of hitting?  It's not very likely and even if he does do decent does his value really go up by 2x and worth a mid 1st?  I'd actually say no it doesn't move that much for a guy drafted that late.  Crowell would be a guy to compare here as an UDFA but it took him 2-3 years for his value to improve and now you're only buying as a late 1st?  Is a minor bump in value really worth the chance he doesn't hit?  I'd say no.  
That's also something worth considering, but the answer is an overwhelming "yes" when they do.  I traded Karlos Williams for a 2016 1st and 3rd (ended up 1.08/2.08, which I combined to 1.06).  David Johnson, enough said.  Devonta Freeman, Jordan Howard  and Jay Ajayi are in the discussion for top 5 dynasty RB and firmly in the top 10 (today).  Jeremy Hill had the same value 13 months ago and won a lot of people their leagues and/or got a huge return in trade.  These are just off the top of my head examples I personally have hit on recently, it's far from a comprehensive list, and of course there are plenty I missed on (so far) too.  It's probably worth nothing that these are all RB's, a position notorious for being capable of having early success.  It's a very specific, intentional strategy.

You seem to be taking the position that these guys drafted later aren't talented - they are, extremely.  They are one of 150 RB's in the entire world making NFL rosters.  Of the 14 RB's taken ahead of Mack, 7 were taken within one round before him, so we're not talking about a deep dropoff more like a tier of similarly talented guys, and two of them weigh a buck-seventy so very different roles expected there.  And we have been saying for 18 months how deep this draft is on top of all that.

I'm not suggesting skipping any glaring studs here.  The only "name" guy I have him after would be Njoku, and he's next on that list - JJSS is above him for me.  Just how glaring is the talent gap between Mack and a Carlos Henderson or Zones?  And how much more talent must those guys have to overcome their situation?  I love Henderson, but he's got Sanders ahead of him on the depth chart, DT as the alpha in the offense, a huge QB question, and a new head coach + OC coming in.  That's a whole lot to overcome.  I'd be a lot less concerned if it were Corey Davis but I can't put Henderson in that category.  He was also a late 3rd round pick, not exactly a ringing endorsement by those same NFL minds that had Mack a round later.  Zones is the one guy on your list I may need to re-evaluate, I'm not finalized (that's why I said in play rather than ranked) just yet.  Here is my "list" as of now:

Joe Mixon  
Corey Davis  
Leonard Fournette  
Dalvin Cook 
Christian McCaffrey  
Mike Williams  
Samaje Perine  
Evan Engram  
Juju Smith-Schuster  
Alvin Kamara
O. J. Howard
John Ross
Marlon Mack

I look at this as a multiplicative function.  Talent x situation = potential.  That's overly simplified of course, but it's the general mindset.  So a guy with a 95 talent x 80% situation (Cook, for example) still scores above a guy like Mack with a 75 talent x 90% situation, but Mack's situation makes him much more competitive with a guy like Henderson at 85 x .75.

Matt Dayes - RB - Cle via NC St. 

NFL.com Draft Profile

DB vs Clemson

I read the Draft Profile before I watch any games. Started with the Clemson game and that's it so far. He actually looked not bad compared to what the profile said. It wasn't a "wow" game but it was better than I expected.

This is where we disagree basically.  And I didn't want to quote your whole reply.  It should be relatively independent of each other because of future competition.  A lower drafted guy is more likely to have more competition in future years, unless they took their shots the years before.  I think the Bears is the perfect example of that.  They took shots on Langford and Carey and people hyped them up as filling a full RB role but then they found Howard and hit on one of those later round picks.  Now I think that situation is relatively stable where Landford and Carey are the competition, but I think it happens this way more often than the other way, where they find their starter first and then add more depth.  It usually takes 2 or 3 tries for you to find a role player let alone a workhorse. That's something I'd be very curious to look into some more actually.
Yes there are two different ideas here that do not really line up with each other. I recognize that and tried to illustrate this with the example of Dalvin Cook and the pre NFL draft (talent based) ranking of him and post NFL draft ranking of him (drafted in the 2nd round).

Another example of this for me would be Jay Ajai. I had Ajayi rated very close to Melvin Gordon pre NFL draft. Ajayi wasn't drafted until the 5th round and I dropped him in my rankings significantly because of that. I still really liked Ajayi though and I did not forget how highly I had him ranked prior to the NFL draft. I also downgraded Ajayi's ranking in part based on the assumption that the Dolphins would retain Lamar Miller who I think is a similar level of talent as Ajayi who would maintain a majority of the RB opportunities. Comparing the talent level of Miller vs Ajayi.  Fast forward a year they did not retain Miller leaving Ajayi's competition as Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake and Isiah Pead. Based on how highly I had Ajayi ranked pre NFL draft, I thought it would be pretty easy for Ajayi to win the lead RB role in their offense. They made an offer to CJ Anderson who many thought was a sign that the HC did not like Ajayi and Anderson would take over. Anderson much better competition than Drake or Williams had he signed there, but I still thought that Jay Ajayi talent level would cause him to win the job over Anderson. Perhaps more RBBC would have developed in that scenario than it did.

They signed Arian Foster who had been a great RB for many years. He was an undrafted free agent, so at the beginning of his career he would have been ranked low because of that. For people who were high on him in the pre NFL draft process, they likely got him because of that. Anyhow after a player is a pro for a few seasons, I think you put all of this guessing and pre NFL evaluation aside, they are what they are as a pro. Foster if he had stayed healthy likely would have kept Ajayi in a limited role. Still a very talented player but Foster was very very good when healthy.

So there are ways that I use the pre NFL or talent based rankings in comparing players to their competition. I just don't think that is independent of the situation, because you have to compare the skill set of the players in their situation against each other. I think the Ajayi situation is a good example for me, because last season caused this to come into play in comparisons between Jay and Miller, Jay and Anderson, then Jay vs Foster. There is a place for the pre NFL or talent based ranking. 

To specifically relate it to Mack, there isn't a lot of competition on that roster, but I tend to think he's the first piece of that backfield, rather than the last piece they needed to fill it out (Jordan Howard).  He also very well could be the next Joseph Addai for the Colts, but I'd shy away from him in the teens due to how talented I viewed him before his landing spot catapulted him up draft boards.  For the same reasons you like to compare Foreman vs Kamara if they were drafted on the same team I'm comparing landing spots and talent.  
In regards to Mack I think there is a lot to like about him. I had him ranked 22 pre NFL draft. I consider him close to Kareem Hunt I just like Hunt slightly more. The post NFL draft ranking I have Mack ranked 20 (not counting the 4 QB I might take over him). So he moved up a couple spots for me based on situation, but not really that different. I do question if Mack can be a long term answer for them or not. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Colts were to select a RB much higher than Mack in 2018 or 2019 to replace him. In the short term I see him having some opportunity to show what he can do though, and if he does do well, then you have an early sell opportunity if you do not believe in Mack long term or to just keep him and hope the Colts are happy enough with him to not upgrade right away.

Stolen from a @Faust post. Link to article.

"NFL draft sleeper watch: Every team's best late-round pick or UDFA signing" SI article.

Offensive/FF Players: 

Baltimore Ravens: Tim White, WR, Arizona State (UDFA) -- White (5' 11", 175 pounds) is a really intriguing athlete—he competed at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials as a long jumper and finished fourth in the NCAA outdoor competition for that same event. Likely a slot receiver with over-the-top speed, White would seem to fit the Ravens’ passing-game M.O.

Chicago Bears: Tanner Gentry, WR, Wyoming (UDFA) -- The Bears did not draft a receiver, and their depth chart at the position is a hodgepodge of options—Cameron Meredith, undrafted in 2015, actually led the team in receiving last year. There is opportunity, then, for Gentry, a 6' 1", 200-pounder with sticky hands. He produced 1,300-plus yards and 14 TDs last season.

Denver Broncos: Isaiah McKenzie, WR, Georgia (Round 5, No. 172) -- The Broncos put a clear emphasis on adding big-play potential to their offense, and they did so twice over during the draft with Carlos Henderson and McKenzie. The former’s presence could limit the latter’s reps, but McKenzie (5' 7", 173, 4.42 40) at least can be a weapon as a punt returner.

Green Bay Packers: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (Round 7, No. 247) -- A lot to like about this fit. Maybe it doesn’t work out, as it’s a seventh-rounder landing on a roster with Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams and a handful of other options. But Dupre’s the latest LSU receiver who could be more productive in the pros than he was in school. He has good size (6' 2", 196), plus a 39-inch vertical.

Miami Dolphins: Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech (Round 7, No. 237) -- There was a time not all that long ago when Ford (6' 1", 194) looked like a Day 2 pick, maybe even a Day 1 sleeper. And then he ran a 4.62 40 at the combine. Still, a Round 7 landing spot turns him into a potentially ridiculous value. He’s a reliable pass catcher who consistently worked his way free over the top of defenses.

New York Jets: Gabe Marks, WR, Washington State (UDFA) -- Marks (5’11”, 189) racked up nearly 2,100 combined receiving yards over the 2015-16 seasons, as a top target in Washington State’s up-tempo passing attack. He’ll find a crowded WR depth chart with the Jets, including 2017 draft picks ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. But his reliability out of the slot could set him up for a strong preseason, and perhaps an opportunity elsewhere if New York doesn’t have room.

***Already cut by SF*** San Francisco 49ers: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (UDFA) -- Cannon (5' 11", 182) is raw as all heck at the nuances of his position, but bare minimum he offers 4.41 speed and a proven ability to deliver big plays. He can get behind cornerbacks and fights to find the ball and finish. The 49ers’ rebuilding offense needs all the weapons it can get. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (UDFA) -- A little love for our neighbors up north (Side note: I’m on the Oilers playoff bandwagon). Auclair (6' 6", 254) faces the obvious challenge of a Canadian college football-to-NFL jump, but he has the skill set to make it work. His time at the Shrine Game helped. Behind Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard, Auclair might be able to settle in deep down the depth chart and develop.

Stolen from a @Faust post. Link to article.

"NFL draft sleeper watch: Every team's best late-round pick or UDFA signing" SI article.

Offensive/FF Players: 

Baltimore Ravens: Tim White, WR, Arizona State (UDFA) -- White (5' 11", 175 pounds) is a really intriguing athlete—he competed at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials as a long jumper and finished fourth in the NCAA outdoor competition for that same event. Likely a slot receiver with over-the-top speed, White would seem to fit the Ravens’ passing-game M.O.

Chicago Bears: Tanner Gentry, WR, Wyoming (UDFA) -- The Bears did not draft a receiver, and their depth chart at the position is a hodgepodge of options—Cameron Meredith, undrafted in 2015, actually led the team in receiving last year. There is opportunity, then, for Gentry, a 6' 1", 200-pounder with sticky hands. He produced 1,300-plus yards and 14 TDs last season.

Denver Broncos: Isaiah McKenzie, WR, Georgia (Round 5, No. 172) -- The Broncos put a clear emphasis on adding big-play potential to their offense, and they did so twice over during the draft with Carlos Henderson and McKenzie. The former’s presence could limit the latter’s reps, but McKenzie (5' 7", 173, 4.42 40) at least can be a weapon as a punt returner.

Green Bay Packers: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (Round 7, No. 247) -- A lot to like about this fit. Maybe it doesn’t work out, as it’s a seventh-rounder landing on a roster with Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams and a handful of other options. But Dupre’s the latest LSU receiver who could be more productive in the pros than he was in school. He has good size (6' 2", 196), plus a 39-inch vertical.

Miami Dolphins: Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech (Round 7, No. 237) -- There was a time not all that long ago when Ford (6' 1", 194) looked like a Day 2 pick, maybe even a Day 1 sleeper. And then he ran a 4.62 40 at the combine. Still, a Round 7 landing spot turns him into a potentially ridiculous value. He’s a reliable pass catcher who consistently worked his way free over the top of defenses.

New York Jets: Gabe Marks, WR, Washington State (UDFA) -- Marks (5’11”, 189) racked up nearly 2,100 combined receiving yards over the 2015-16 seasons, as a top target in Washington State’s up-tempo passing attack. He’ll find a crowded WR depth chart with the Jets, including 2017 draft picks ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. But his reliability out of the slot could set him up for a strong preseason, and perhaps an opportunity elsewhere if New York doesn’t have room.

San Francisco 49ers: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (UDFA) -- Cannon (5' 11", 182) is raw as all heck at the nuances of his position, but bare minimum he offers 4.41 speed and a proven ability to deliver big plays. He can get behind cornerbacks and fights to find the ball and finish. The 49ers’ rebuilding offense needs all the weapons it can get.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (UDFA) -- A little love for our neighbors up north (Side note: I’m on the Oilers playoff bandwagon). Auclair (6' 6", 254) faces the obvious challenge of a Canadian college football-to-NFL jump, but he has the skill set to make it work. His time at the Shrine Game helped. Behind Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard, Auclair might be able to settle in deep down the depth chart and develop.
Your 49er example was already cut. 

De'Angelo Henderson

NFL.com draft profile.

I don't know anything about this guy but Daniel Jeremiah said this was a guy to keep an eye on. 
There is one game on DBD and some highlights I was watching him the other day. He is another bowling ball style RB with good elusiveness and decent vision from the litle I watched of him.

I also read some things about the Bronco's transitioning from being primarily a ZBS to using more man blocking. Henderson fits the ZBS just like Booker and Anderson, imo so they seem to still be drafting RB players with that skill set or who are a good fit for the ZBS even if they are starting to move away from that type of blocking as a staple.

Thoughts on Kenny Golladay?  He's very thin on tape, but weighed in at 218 at the combine.  Surprised he's not getting more a hype--6'4, 218, 4.5.  

Thoughts on Kenny Golladay?  He's very thin on tape, but weighed in at 218 at the combine.  Surprised he's not getting more a hype--6'4, 218, 4.5.  
He's old, weak and from a small school. That sounds a too mean. I'm not trying to cut him down but he has a tough road ahead of him and a short time to do it. 

He's old, weak and from a small school. That sounds a too mean. I'm not trying to cut him down but he has a tough road ahead of him and a short time to do it. 
I didn't realize he was 24.  I had previously written him off as too frail, but am intrigued at 218 pounds.  He's on my 3rd round radar in deeper leagues.    

I didn't realize he was 24.  I had previously written him off as too frail, but am intrigued at 218 pounds.  He's on my 3rd round radar in deeper leagues.    
For sure. He's a H/W/S guy and I think he went in the 3rd to Detroit. Which is a pretty decent spot.

The short timeframe is one reason I like him though.  I will probably know what to do with his roster spot in less than a year.  Can't say the same thing with most later round prospects and there are only so many stash roster spots at your disposal.

The short timeframe is one reason I like him though.  I will probably know what to do with his roster spot in less than a year.  Can't say the same thing with most later round prospects and there are only so many stash roster spots at your disposal.
I get your thinking here but I'm not sure if this exact case will turn out that way. He's a 3rd round pick do it seems the Bears would cut him if he isn't up to par right away. He already has his headlines written for next year "Put on weight" and "Worked on his route running all offseason". Plus, if he doesn't play well I'm sure QB play will be a factor. 

I get, and agree with, that you don't want to be sitting on a dud for years but I'm just not sure if the Bears and us in FF will give up on him easily. 

I get your thinking here but I'm not sure if this exact case will turn out that way. He's a 3rd round pick do it seems the Bears would cut him if he isn't up to par right away. He already has his headlines written for next year "Put on weight" and "Worked on his route running all offseason". Plus, if he doesn't play well I'm sure QB play will be a factor. 

I get, and agree with, that you don't want to be sitting on a dud for years but I'm just not sure if the Bears and us in FF will give up on him easily. 
If he were a Bear I'd probably think the same, but he is a Lion.  ;)

I picked him up in my rookie draft in the 3rd. he's in a really good situation with very little to block his path to relevance. Coaches were very complimentary of him after the draft - of course! - but they mentioned the need for his particular skills in their offense.

A friend of mine has been telling me that I needed to check out Matt Breida of Georgia Southern for awhle now. So I finally got around to that. Since I like reading peoples first impressions of a player I decided to take notes as I watch Brieda, to share that experience.

I have looked at Briedas college stats and they are qute good in 2014 and 2015 but then terrible in 2016. Which makes me wonder what happened? He played 12 games so unless there is an undisclosed injury he played through, it wasn't that he missed games. He just did not play nearly as well as the previous two years. That makes me really curious, and perhaps finding an answer to this might shine light on something else interesting?

My friend shared this article in regards to that.

On draftbreakdown there are 4 games of Brieda all from 2015 his best season. I guess the 2016 games are not worth watching.

The first game I chose to watch is against Georgia who I consider to be a decent opponent and perhaps better than the other 3 games available on DB. What follows are my notes from watching this game.

The first play is out of the Pistol with a wingback on the right side in front of the QB and Brieda is behind the QB offset to the left. The wingback gives an initial move that he will be going outside but then blocks through the middle where Brieda follows him but gets tackled in the hole as the defensive lineman  gets an arm around Briedas neck area, at the same time another defender gets ahold of him from behind and is pulling him backwards. These two arm tackles combine to stuffing Brieda in the hole. If Brieda had lower pad level instead of running upright and trying to get skinny in the hole, he may have been able to get under the high tackle in front of him (defensive lineman is being held) and the grab from behind, perhaps getting an extra yard or two from the momentum. Incidentally the wing back completely wiffs on his block at the second level if Brieda had been able to break these arm tackles he would be met by two more defenders soon after.

The secon play Brieda is offset to the right in the pistol and the play is a swing pass to him in the right flat. He is wide open as the defense has fallen back into a zone after the snap. The QB puts perhaps a bit too much touch on the ball, Brieda looks it in cleanly although he doesen't gather it in completely smooth, trapping the ball against his chest after catching it and it slides up on him a bit after that. The coner has recognized the swing pass and is beating him block to make the play, he gets held a bit and falls to the ground near Briedas feet. Because the pass is a bit slow he has to wait and then he isn't able to avoid tripping over the corner who has fallen into his legs. While this isn't terrible and I think partly the QBs fault for being a bit slow with the throw, Brieda doesn't show good awareness of where the defender is, or balance to at least keep his feet or get around the defender falling into his feet.

3rd play pistol with a wingback directly in front of Brieda offset to the left. The play is a run to the right, the left guard and wingback pulling across the formation to the right. They run the option and the QB keeps too long I think. Brida after getting the ball is able to get downfield and gain 5-6 yards with a good burst of speed and getting low at the end of the run. They had a two on one against the unblocked defender who has the backside contain, but the play wasn't designed that way.

4th play is an option run to the left. Play calling seems predictable and the defense guessing correctly. This play was not very effective as Brieda is met by a defender at the LOS although he has gotten outside, he never gets turned upfield.

5th play is an inside run to the left with a blocker leading through the hole. A defender gets a piece of his lower leg causing him to trip as he is crossing the LOS. He stumbles forward kind of submarining and keeping his legs churning, but I am not sure where the refs call him down on this play. If his knee doesn't touch he grinds out four yards on this play due to keeping his feet moving.

6th play is a run to the inside with some misdirection of two players flaring out to the right side of the play if the QB had decided to keep. Brieda again stands up high as he reaches the LOS. He is able to find a crease but he gets blown up by the defender hitting him right in the chest because no pad level.

7th play pistol and they motion a player behind the QB before the snap the play is a run up the middle to the left side. Blocking isn't articularly effective but he finds a crease and gets low enough to drive forward for 3-4 yards.

8th play they fake a run inside but the QB keeps and then pitches back to Brieda on the right. Brieda doesn't have anywhere to go, he briefly gets north like he is going to try to burst trhough, but there are many defenders pursuing in front of him by then and he decides to reverse field to the left side and he is able to get around the nearest defender in the backfield and outrun the pursuit of the defense and get the edge on the left side. He picks up a block on perimiter defender that helps as well he turns this into a 20+ yard gain and close to scoring before he went out of bounds.

9th play is an inside run that Brieda breaks to the outside and gets a couple yeards.

10th play is an inside run where he shows better pad level and he is able to find a crease and gain 6 yards.

11th play is an inside run where he gets met in the backfield. He does try a quick cut but the defender isn't fooled and then he has help from the backside as well taking Brieda down for a short loss.

12th play the QB sees something in the defense and changes the play to a toss left. The corner isn't blocked and crashes down on Brieda in the backfield. He is able to make this defender miss the tackle bouncing to the outside and keeping his feet moving. Defenders are there to stop him for a short gain near the sideline.

13th play the slot receiver motions from the left to the right before the snap. This is a run to the inside where Brieda finds no room and bounces it to the outside for a short gain. They show a replay of this from the back of the formation. You can see there is a crease up the middle briefly but the defender is able to get off his block and fill this hole, Brieda decides to bounce this outside to the left and he gives up ground in the process of getting around. A defender has a piece of his jersy that is tearing off but still being held onto by the defender before Brieda is tripped on a ankle tackle.

14th play is a run inside to the right. His lead blocker makes a pretty good hole and he follows this block through for 6 or 7 yards.

15th play the QB audibles to something else before the snap. This is a run to the inside and Brieda gets some nice blocking on this play as Georgia is pushed back off the LOS. He likely could have followed these blocks for the 1st down. He cuts back to the left side and is behind the scrum of players engaged here, so I can't see it well. He drives after contact and gets close to the first down. While there is a defender waiting for him on the right side of the play, he could have met this defender with a full head of steam and perhaps the 1st down a bit easier to get that way than the choice he made.

16th play this is a run inside to the left. He follows his blocks and there is a surge by the guard for him to follow. He gets taken down around the ankles from the defender in backside pursuit.

17th play is a run to the right. There seems to be a crease inside if he hits this quickly, instead he bounces the play to the outside on the right but he is met by a defender who has disengaged from his block on the edge when he does and is tackled at the LOS. There wasn't much there if he did try to hit that crease inside, but at least he could have gotten a couple yards just from the momentum. He is too quick to bail on these plays and try to bounce them outside.

18th play pistol with Brieda behind the QB offset to the left and a wingback in front of the QB offset to the right. They motion a receiver from the right side to behind the QB before the snap of the ball and the flow of the play is to the left with the wingback pulling across to that side. Brieda presses the hole briefly inside and the blocking has made a dent in the defense here, Brieda then bounces the run to the outside on the right, you have hat on a hat and he is easily able to get outside and start running downfield. Number 20 meets his after about 5 yards and he tries a couple jab steps and a shoulder fake to the inside before cutting away from 20s tackle attempt. He gets a couple more yards after this manuever to get to the outside. There is a replay of the backside view of this play, where you can see the hole inside was being closed although the initial blocks did give a bit of room for him to hit it inside here, it was a good decision to bounce outside on this one I think. He does get close to the 1st down and gains 8 yards or so on this play.

19th play pistol Brieda offset to the right behind the QB wingback on the left ahead of the QB. This is a run inside to the right, the left guard pulls around and the wingback leads through the hole. There is a nice crease here and Brieda hits it hard. He runs into the back of his blocker through and there was a crease for him to bounce this outside to the left after 33s block that he doesn't seem to see.

20th play this is another run inside. Brida stops his feet in the backfield. It looks like he might have some daylight if he bounces this outside to the right, and it even appears that Brieda is looking this way and considering it. He hesitates and stops his feet when the backside pursuit gets there. A quicker decision to outside to the right on this one may have resulted in a more positive play, I am a bit surprised he didn't go for it, after seeing him make that same choice many times in this game already.

Last play is a direct snap to Brieda who gets back to the LOS.

Summary - I question Briedas vision as he seems inconsistent in his decision making process, making the wrong choice several times during this game in my opinion. He likes to bounce plays outside too often and he has inconsistent pad level at the LOS. While he is very athletic, his jab steps and fakes were not really fooling defenders, when he does make defenders miss, I think it is a product of his athleticism more than his skill or change of direction abilities. His two best plays were when he reversed field due to over pursuit and when he got some really good blocking and was able to get the edge on the right side. He does show the ability to run with power inside and gets some blocking to support it at times, but he missed a couple opportunities to hit it inside and then bounce to daylight. I didn't see particularly good instincts from Brieda. There are no examples of them asking him to block in these clips, so nothing to evaluate there. He did fine on his one reception although again if he had better awareness and perhaps balance I think he could have done something after the catch instead of tripping over a falling defender. The score was tied or close for most of this game.

He doesn't look as impressive as Jerrick McKinnon did with this team, but the film quality is a lot less grainy than McKinnons was.  :)

Talking late rounds, anything past the 3rd or 4th? Westbrook. Butt, Hollins and Cannon really late.  

I finished watching the Matt Breida vs Wester Michigan game.

The first play Breida bounces the run outside and is able to get the edge for a long gain. He cuts back inside the defender who meets him at the sideline. He gets tripped up by an ankle tackle after he does though. This is a consistent theme as Brieda does not pick his feet up in these situations, poor footwork. This also shows a lack of balance to keep his feet after contact like this, poor footwork. I think also a lack of awareness or understanding of how the defender will try to get him down in these situations and anticipate or counter the attempt. There is a bit of a hold at the start of the play, but Brieda speed to the edge is great once he downhill.

The second play is an option where Brieda gets a late toss to the right side. He able to get the edge but the toss was a bit too late and defender with a good angle by then. He fumbles the ball out of bounds. On the replay you can see the toss was a bit behind him and he has to come back inside for the ball, he bobbles it and I'm not sure if he ever had control of it before going out of bounds.

The third play is a run to the right side with the left guard pulling right and the two wing backs getting good blocks on the edge creating a lane and getting both defenders on the ground. There is some penetration in the backfield but Brieda takes the ball outside of this. As he is going past the defender blocked to the ground, the defender gets up and reaches out swatting his hand on Briedas ankle which trips him to the ground. They show a replay of this and you can see Brieda does not even really try to avoid the defender on the ground who is trying to get back up and ends up making the play.

4th play they only need 10 yards to score. Breida gets an inside handoff and there is some room to run. He beats the angle of the LB who swipes at his feet but this time Brieda does not go down!!! He is able to run through this failed tackle attempt and score the TD. He was able to regain his balance after slipping through the very weak grasp attempt. He could still do a better job of picking his feet up, especially when running inside.

5th play is a run to the left side. with two linemen pulling across. The defense has good pursuit to the edge and nowhere really for Brieda to go. He tries pushing his lineman forward before being tackled. I do see a possible cut back lane where one of the blockers trips instead of flowing through. There is some space there, not sure if Brieda sees this.

6th play Breida bounces this play outside right away and the blocking doesn't show that being the play design. He does get the edge for what could be a big gain, but there is holding on the play. On the replay you can see some good blocking but just a scrum of blockers and defender in the middle. The quickness of Brieda to take this run outside makes a lot more sense from this view than from the normal sideline view. I couldn't see the hold, there is just a mosh pit in the middle of the field on this play.

7th play Breida gets an inside handoff and is able to navigate him way through the crease. He makes himself skinny with some lean to the right giving a defender a bad abgle before meeting another defender head on. He is able to bounce off of this defenders initial contact and uses a spin move to get away, keeping his balance after the spin to get north and drive in the TD. This is an impressive play, but also poor effort in tackling. If the defender who meets him before the goal line would just wrap and drive through his tackle, the spin move would not have been effective and I think he could have prevented the TD. On the replay from the end zone view you can see the defender gets his bell run by a helmet to helmet hit and Brieda won the leverage battle before using he spin move. So this may be why the defenders tackle falters.

I had to take a break from watching Brieda at this point. I feel like I am giving him a bit of the stink eye, even though I am not really trying to. He clearly has great speed and acceleration ability. Good burst and some examples of his changing direction well. I just wanted to mention some positives before watching the rest of this game, as I may have glossed over some of the good things he does. I also had to celebrate a bit that he didn't go down to a shoe string tackle again.

8th play pistol Breida is offset to the left a receiver goes in motion to the left side, the run is a inside zone to the right side, the wingback blocks the backside of the play which combined with the WR motion has defenders flowing the the left at the snap of the play. The line blocks to the right and the nose tackle gets washed down the line, while the other defensive tackle get put on the ground by the right guard. The center is able to get on the LB and seal him to the right side and this opens a lane through the middle where the tackle went down. He hits this hole quickly and then swerves to the right after getting past the centers block. This causes the defensive back to misjudge his angle and he misses the tackle, being a bit behind Breida because of the swerve and burst of speed. He even picks up his feet at the right moment with a high step forward to avoid the ankle tackle from behind the defender is making a diving attempt at having missed the angle. Then Breida cuts to the right as a defender is closing in on him from this side, he is too fast though and easily beats the defender to the end zone with a lot of space to spare if the defender had forced him to. He strings these two manuevers together with demonstrated spatial awareness of he defense, their speed and pursuit angles and quickly finds a way to beat both of these defenders efficiently.

By far the best run I have seen from him so far and the previous TD play was very good as well. Before I get too excited, this is Western Michigan not Georgia. Georgia defenders were getting blocked, but controlled their blockers much better than W Michigan defenders are doing in this game. Replay of this run from the back of the formation shows a better angle of how Brieda does kind of a hop forward to avoid the tackle attempt, and the defensive tackle getting knocked to the ground in front of him near the LOS.

9th play is a run off right tackle. Breida takes this right to the corner but a defender is there. He uses a spin move to avoid being tackled initially, but the defender is still on him and then help arrives. Minimal or no gain.

10th play This looks very similar to the previous play. Breida goes directly to the corner but there is better blocking this time and no defender to meet him in the hole this time. The LB who shoots the gap gets blocked and falls down, Breida cuts outside of this defender in the backfield as part of the design of the play, number 8 has gotten off of his block and is trying to fill the gap, but he is there too late and Breida is reaching full speed already bursting to through a pretty big lane and nothing but green to the outside. 8 makes an attempted diving tackle but Breida is too fast. He even does a high step manuver again to be sure that ankle tackle doesn't get him. The only safety on this play has moved to the center of the field and he is slow reacting to the play when he turns to pursue the play. He has no chance of catching Breida as he was out of position (not sure why?) and this is a 60+ yard TD. The replay of this run is a bit more impressive than I thought as you can see Breida had to be quick to avoid the LB who crashed into the backfield but got tripped up. Then you see Breida also uses a stiff arm to keep number 8 from getting a hand on his body or legs. That was something I didn't see from the previous angle. You also see the kick step forward is in reaction to the diving tackle attempt from number 8.

11th play we get to see that Breida doesn't have very good pass blocking technique.

12th play is a run to the right side. I see a pretty open area to the right where he could cut back to, but Breida doesn't see that space over there. It would require that he took the ball laterally to the right side, but there is a lane there with blockers sealing it on both sides.

13th play is a run inside to the left. A defender is able to play off his block enough that he gets his arm around Breida as he is hitting the hole and he wraps up and brings him down. Better pad level might have helped, but this is a pretty nice play by the defender.

13th play is an inside run to the left He does a nice job of avoiding a defender at the LOS and getting past him. He then drives with his legs and is able to get another 3 yards with some team mate support after contact. This is something I would like to see him do a little bit more.

That run on the 8th play for the 60 yard TD is likely what Kyle Shanahan sees in Breida. It is a really nice run. If they can get him to run like this consistently I can see him being successful It was also good to see him stop going down to the shoestring tackles, something I was starting to wonder if he could do for awhile there. At the same time he is inconsistent and I question what he sees at times.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I been taking golladay in the late 2ns /3rd round and robert davis in the 4th or free agent
Grabbed Davis in the 6th, intriguing prospect.

Trent Taylor - 5th Round pick to SF

Highlights

Draft Profile

This is another one that I heard DJ and Bucky talking up. According to them he also had a very good showing at the Senior Bowl.
If there's anyone that fits the "shifty white slot" to a tee in the Welker/Edelman/Beasley mold... that actually has a chance to produce.... it's Taylor.  Pretty decent situation too, especially if Hoyer is the starter.

Just picked up Mack Hollins at 7.13 in a 14 team full IDP draft.

This is the kind of kid I love getting late in drafts.  All the physical tools and a great attitude (ST captain and played on all 4 kick teams) but very unpolished.  He's in a great spot in Philly being able to learn how to run the full route tree and put polish on his game while learning from Jeffery and Torrey Smith, and after those 2 there's not much else there to challenge him at WR.  Jeffery is on a 1 year deal and Smith has a 3 year prove-it deal, so there is no long term committment to either by PHI.  Solid young QB to work with for the next few years.

He may end up being a NFL WR3 or career STer, but he could end up being a legit starting outside WR.  If he does, his upside is massive given his size, athletic ability, and mentality.

I like Shelton Gibson for the exact same reasons.  He is more of a jitterbug type but in return yard PPR (I am in two) he has a lot of potential to out score his ADP.

In a superflex, how much should i be paying attention to Davis Webb in the later rounds of a 14teamer dynasty?

In a superflex, how much should i be paying attention to Davis Webb in the later rounds of a 14teamer dynasty?
Personally I wouldn't bother and would take Peterman later instead. I think with Webb you're hoping for Glennon. And he's a developmental guy who's a year or two away. Peterman is more ready and more likely to start soon. When Eli is done I think they will draft someone better.

For everyone is Superflex/2QBs, is Chad Kelly being taken much? Seems like he has a bit of potential and there isn't and super stars in front of him on the depth chart. 

Personally I wouldn't bother and would take Peterman later instead. I think with Webb you're hoping for Glennon. And he's a developmental guy who's a year or two away. Peterman is more ready and more likely to start soon. When Eli is done I think they will draft someone better.

I like Peterman a lot more than Webb.  I think he's the 3rd best QB in this class.

For everyone is Superflex/2QBs, is Chad Kelly being taken much? Seems like he has a bit of potential and there isn't and super stars in front of him on the depth chart. 

I think he has all the qualities of a superb late round flyer.  He may wash out, but then you lose little to nothing.  But he may be the best QB on DEN's roster.

Users who are viewing this thread